Welcome to the Oakville DEI Culture Corner!
Each month the DEI Committee releases a monthly calendar with a variety of celebration and awareness days, along with some great learning materials for you to dive in to and broaden your knowledge of the world and culture around us!
Take a look at the calendar above for some dates of significance and below you will find learning materials for each of those days.
We invite you to share any days of significance, awareness or celebrations for the months ahead by contacting Jacqueline Jolani (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would love to hear from you!
Dates in September:
- September 5: Labour Day
- September 7: Ukrainian Heritage Day
- September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day
- September 11: National Day of Service
- September 16: Bisexual Awareness Week Begins
- September 16: Military Family Appreciation Day
- September 21: International Day of Peace
- September 22: Autumn Equinox
- September 25: Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) September 25: Franco-Ontarian Day
- September 26: Navaratri (Hinduism)
- September 28: The Fast of Gedaliah (Jewish Day of Fast)