COLOGNE, Germany - Ford sold 1,358,100 vehicles in 2017 in its traditional Euro 20 markets - its best sales volume result there since 2009.
Across all its 50 European markets, Ford sold 1,562,100 vehicles, an increase of 1.4 per cent compared with 2016. Ford’s total vehicle market share in the Euro 20 for the year was 7.7 per cent, down 0.2 percentage points.
Ford was Europe’s No. 1 commercial vehicle brand for the third consecutive year, with 352,200 sold, up 7.2 per cent. CV market share at 13.5 per cent was up 0.3 percentage points.
The company also ranked No.3 for total vehicle sales in Germany in 2017 with 292,300 units sold - up 8,800 on the previous year. In the UK, Ford was the No. 1 car brand for 41 consecutive years, and the top-selling CV brand for 52 successive years, with CV sales reaching an all-time record of 124,000 units.
“Ford achieved our best yearly sales volume in Europe since 2009; maintained our CV leadership for the third successive year; and became the No. 3 brand in Germany,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.
“With new Fiesta and EcoSport production up and running, Fiesta ST and Fiesta Active models coming soon, and an all-new Focus to look forward to, 2018 is set to be a strong year for Ford in Europe.”
Other highlights for Ford in Europe in 2017 include:
- Ford Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) sales were up 24.3 per cent for the year, driven by best-ever sales years for the EcoSport, Kuga and Edge. Ford sold 230,600 SUVs in its
Euro 20 markets, approaching 1 in 5 of every new Ford vehicle sold in Europe
- Retail and fleet customer sales accounted for 73 per cent of Ford passenger vehicle sales in Ford’s top five traditional European markets in 2017. In Euro 20 markets Ford’s passenger vehicle sales were 4.4 percentage points higher than the industry average
- High-series vehicles – including Titanium, Vignale, ST-Line, ST and RS – made up 65 per cent of passenger car sales in the Euro 20 for the full year, up 4.5 percentage points
- Ford’s Top Five European markets by total sales volume in 2017 were: U.K. (407,100); Germany (292,300); Italy (156,000); Turkey (116,200); and France (113,200)
- Transit family sales of 287,600 were the best ever recorded