The COVID-19 pandemic is giving us pause to think differently about how we enjoy spring break and the upcoming holiday. Here are some recommendations from the CDC to help all of us stay safe.
- Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19
- If you must travel, make sure to wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public settings
- Masks are required on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within or out of the United States stations.
- For more information on traveling during COVID-19 from the CDC, please click here.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is regarded as an important tool to help reduce the risk of infection, and we are encouraging employees to get the vaccine when they are eligible and medically able to do so.
- More people across the country are becoming eligible for the vaccine each and every day. Check to see the latest vaccine eligibility in your area, as you may be eligible schedule your vaccine appointment during Spring Break.
- Have a special dinner with people in your household
- If you host a small dinner with family and friends, have it outdoors – weather permitting – and remember to wear masks and practice social distancing, hand hygiene and surface sanitation. Being outdoors reduces the risk of exposure to COVID-19
If we all do our part and follow the Hero@Home safety protocols inside and outside of the workplace, it may well save someone’s life.
Have a safe spring break and holiday. Let’s #FinishStrong together.