- The joint venture between Ford and Sollers are celebrating ten years of partnership
- JV continues to support Ford + by partnering for Expertise and Efficiency
- One hundred and ten thousand Ford Transit vehicles have been manufactured at the joint venture’s vehicle assembly plant in Elabuga since the start of operations
- Ford Transit market share in the commercial vehicle segment has grown by a third since the restructuring of the business in 2019, and the decision to focus exclusively on growing its commercial vehicle business moving forward
Sollers Ford, a joint venture between Ford and SOLLERS Auto, a leading Russian vehicle manufacturer, is celebrating ten years of operating together in Russia. The Joint Venture continues to support Ford + with both companies partnering together for expertise and efficiency.
Sollers Ford manufactures Ford Transit commercial vehicles for the Russian commercial vehicle market, including a wide range of models for special and social needs. One hundred and fifty-five special versions are currently offered, and this number is continuing to grow.
Following the restructuring of the business in 2019, Ford Transit has continued to strengthen its position as Russia’s top-selling, non-domestic commercial vehicle nameplate, increasing sales.
Since 2019, forty-five thousand Ford Transit vehicles have been manufactured at the vehicle assembly plant in Elabuga SEZ, and market share in LCV segment has increased by 30% to 19%.
For the sixth year in a row, Sollers Ford is the top-selling, non-domestic commercial vehicle nameplate. The company's ambition is to continue to grow and become the leading commercial vehicle name plate in its segment.
Happy Anniversary Sollers Ford!
Sollers Ford and Ford Transit key events:
- October 1, 2011 - Ford Motor Company and OJSC SOLLERS announced the start of operating activities of their joint venture in Russia
- October 2011 – the production of Ford Transit vehicles started at the joint venture’s Elabuga vehicle assembly plant
- November 2014 – production started of a new generation of Ford Transit
- March 2019 – the Company announced the restructuring of the joint venture to focus exclusively on growing its commercial vehicle business
- October 2020 – Sollers Ford announced its plans to relaunch production of diesel engines for Ford Transit
- May 2021– Sollers Ford reports 25% increase in production of Ford Transit vehicles
- May 2021 – Sollers Ford received the Special Prize for Achievements in the Exploration and Development of the Russian Market in the “Best Commercial Vehicle of the Year in Russia” contest
- September 2021 – A bus based on the Ford Transit won the professional Grand Prix "Behind the wheel" award, commercial vehicles in the category "Small and Medium Class Buses"