As coronavirus spreads around the globe, we are preparing for the possibility that some Ford workplaces could be temporarily closed, meaning some Ford team members will have to work remotely. Keep the following information in mind to make transitioning to a remote work arrangement as hassle-free as possible by planning ahead:
Take These Actions to Best Prepare
- If you have a laptop, take it and your power cord home every night as a precautionary measure.
- If you have a desktop computer, establish and test your connection from home.
- If you need to connect to Ford business applications, you may require a Ford network connection (Cisco AnyConnect) along with a SecurID. Please test your SecurID to make sure you can connect from home. If you do not have a SecurID, click here.
- Confirm that all your passwords are up to date and you have remote access to any software you need for your job.
- Download Webex Teams and Webex Meetings to your personal device, from the Apple or Android app stores.
- Join the new mobile-device program through Intune to access Office 365 apps on your personal device.
- Join the Work Remotely Yammer community, established on our newly launched platform. Click here if you have never used Yammer.
How Do I Access My Files Remotely?
Save your work files to OneDrive or SharePoint Online to access them from any browser-equipped device at office.com, so you can always securely get and work with you files even when you are not in the office.
When Should I Connect to the Ford Network?
Ford network connection (Cisco AnyConnect) is not required if you use Office 365, including Outlook, Webex Meetings or Webex Teams. You can access, share and edit documents in Office 365, join meetings in Webex Meetings or chat one-on-one or with your team in Webex Teams. If your Outlook has not been migrated to Office 365, use SecurID and the Outlook Web App to access email.
Ford’s network may be required to access certain Ford business applications. If you are unsure whether you need to use Ford network, connect with the Work Remotely Yammer community.
Further Help on Working Remotely
- Go to the Work Remotely site for information designed to help you successfully work from a remote location.
- Contact the IT Service Desk. We recommend using the chat feature (IT-Service-Desk).
- Visit a Tech Lounge near you.
- Support requests can be logged at http://www.itconnect.ford.com/.
Have more questions or comments? Join the converation on Yammer.