- Mondeo Is Readers’ Car of The Year 2015 in Spain
The all-new Mondeo has won a top Spanish award. The Valencia-made model was voted Readers’ the Car of the Year 2015, beating such rivals as the VW Passat, Mercedes GLA and Citroen C4 Cactus.
- Ford Delivers Truck, Volunteers to Help Feed the Hungry
Collecting food, stocking shelves and serving meals were all part of a Ford Accelerated Action Day for more than 700 Ford employees working in soup kitchens, food banks, shelters and care centers. Ford’s nonprofit partners created more than 50 projects in eight states that focused on the most urgent needs of the people they serve: finding enough food for themselves and their families.
- Robert Brown and Kimberly Pittel Interview
In November Robert Brown, vice president, Sustainability , Environment and Safety Engineering, announced his retirement effective Jan. 1, 2015.
- Ford Identifies Trends that may Shape the Future in 2015 Trend Book
No one can accurately predict what tomorrow may bring for consumers around the world. However, Sheryl Connelly, manager, Global Trends and Futuring, uses information available today to identify trends and how they may shape our future.
- Nick Smither and Marcy Klevorn Interview
Nick Smither, group vice president and Chief Information Officer (CIO), will retire effective Jan. 1, 2015.
- Ford Transit Courier is What Van? Van of the Year 2015
The all-new Ford Transit Courier has received the top accolade at this year’s What Van? Awards by winning Van of the Year 2015.
- Ford Employees Donate Coats, Hats and Gloves to Help Families Stay Warm during Cold Weather Months
Ford Motor Company wrapped up its fourth annual Coat & Jacket Drive by delivering more than 1,000 new and gently used coats, along with hats, scarves and gloves, to the Salvation Army.
- Ford Interfaith Network (FIN) Muslim Group Hosts 14th Annual Dinner
The Ford Interfaith Network (FIN) Muslim Group held its 14th Annual Dinner at the Ford Motor Credit (FMCC) Cafeteria in Dearborn, Michigan. This year, the FIN Muslim Group partnered with Ford Motor Company Fund to help increase donations to their Fourth Annual Coats for Kids Drive. The FIN Muslim Group turned their annual dinner into a campaign that raised awareness of those in need.
- Smart, Intuitive, Responsive: SYNC 3 Enhances the Driver’s Experience More Than Ever Before
The next generation of in-car connectivity is coming in 2015 as Ford Motor Company announced its next-generation of SYNC last week.
- Argentina’s Villagra to run a Ford Ranger in the 2015 Dakar Rally
DARMSTADT, Germany - South Racing and Neil Woolridge Motorsport have joined forces with Argentinean rally star Federico Villagra, with support from YPF, and will run a Ford Ranger in January’s Dakar Rally, the world’s most famous off-road motor sport competition.
- Ford Earmarks Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition for Service Personnel
With only 1,964 of the 50 Year Limited Edition Mustangs to be produced, Ford is delivering a limited number of the special-edition cars to members of the military serving overseas.
- DIA: Ford Driver Information Fuel Gauge Test Methods and Engineering Verification Team Recognized for Leading the Way
A cross-functional team comprised of members from Vehicle Evaluation Verification (VEV) Electrical Sign Off, EESE, Fuel Systems, Michigan Proving Ground (MPG) and Allen Park Test Laboratory (APTL) was formed with the goal of providing improved driver information and fuel gauge validation and verification methods. The team, who was awarded the company’s Diversity and Inclusion award, illustrates personal commitments to global One Ford leadership and made a significant contribution by fostering excellence, working together inclusively and role modeling Ford values in all interactions.
- Analytics Expert to Help Ford Create More Mobility Solutions, Connectivity Services, Even Better Vehicles for Customers
Ford today appoints data science and analytics expert Paul Ballew as executive director and chief data and analytics officer, further building its team of experts to help better understand consumer behavior and help speed development of the mobility, connectivity and autonomous driving innovations that will improve people’s lives.
- Ford Design Team’s Customized Snowmen Now On Display at WHQ
Today through Thursday, several snowmen designed by the eight design teams of PDC, will be on display in the World Headquarters lobby just outside of the auditorium.
- Mondeo Shortlisted For Car of the Year 2015
The all-new Ford Mondeo has been named as one of the seven finalists for Car of the Year 2015, Europe’s most prestigious award.
- Ford Production System Helps New Employees Transition Into New Roles
Ford Motor Company has already surpassed its goal of creating 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015 as part of the 2011 UAW contract talks. Today, the number of new jobs exceeds 14,000.
- Ford’s European Sales Up 7.1% January-November
Ford’s vehicle sales in its 20 traditional European markets increased by 7.1 per cent from January through November, in an industry that grew 5.7 per cent.
- Ford Accelerated Action Day: Volunteers Deliver Food to the Hungry
More than 700 Ford employees are on the job in soup kitchens, food banks, shelters and care centers across the U.S., teaming up with nonprofit partners to assist the needy during this holiday season.
- Ford Names William E. Kennard to Board of Directors; Homer Neal Elects to Leave After 18 Years of Service
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) announced today the election of William E. Kennard to the company’s board of directors. Kennard’s appointment is effective Jan. 1, 2015.
- Ford Drives Mobility Innovation in Detroit
Ford Motor Company is paying forward its legacy as one of America’s original mobility startups by joining with Techstars to launch Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit. The startup business incubator is aiming to deliver innovative mobility and transportation solutions.
- Ford Driving Performance Innovation to New Levels
Ford announced today it is hitting the gas on a new program to unify global performance vehicle operations in order to bring more performance vehicles and parts to a greater customer-base.
- Ford GLOBE: A Historical Look at the Past 20 Years
Twenty years ago, two Ford employees spearheaded a meeting to open communication between gay and lesbian employees and Ford leadership to ensure the company’s policies and practices were inclusive to all employees. The gesture marked the beginning of major milestones to come for Ford Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual Employees (GLOBE), one of 11 groups within the Ford Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- New: Ford SYNC 3 Delivers More Ways to Stay Connected
Ford today introduced SYNC® 3, a new communications and entertainment system that is faster, more intuitive and easier to use with enhanced response to driver commands.
- Ford Confirms All-New Focus RS For Global Markets
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has confirmed it will be launching an all-new Focus RS – the ultimate performance version of the world’s best-selling global nameplate. The company announced that the all-new RS will be made available to customers in major markets around the world for the first time.
- Ford Motor Company Named One of the Best Places to Work
Ford receives a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award for Best Places to Work for 2015, based on feedback from employees regarding their job, work environment and company.