- Ford Delivers Record Performance, Best Quarter Ever with First Quarter Pre-Tax Profit of $3.8B; Net Income of $2.5B
Today, we are reporting our first-quarter financial results. It was an all-time record quarter with very strong performance across the business, thanks to the hard work and results by our team around the world.
- Ford Opens Brazilian Season of Agribusiness Fairs in the Country Debuting New Ranger
RIBEIRÃO PRETO, Brazil – Opening the Brazilian agribusiness fairs season in the country, Ford debuted the New Ranger at Agrishow, the biggest in this segment. Journalists specialized in rural sector, including printed, digital and bloggers representatives, participated of a press conference in the Ford stand, in Ribeirao Preto city, in the interior of Sao Paulo state.
- Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico Media and Bloggers Drove the New Ranger in Puerto Iguazu Forest
PUERTO IGUAZU, MISIONES, Argentina - Around 230 automotive journalists, bloggers and consumer outlets participated in the New Ranger 2017 media drive in Puerto Iguazu city, Argentina. This region, which borders with Brazil, is famous by the Iguazu Falls and its forest reserve.
- Ford Brazil and Ford Fund Promote Large Social Scale Actions for Students in Bahia
Camaçari, Brazil - Ford Brazil, with support of Ford Fund, has promoted the solemnity of graduation of the first class of the technical education program for 95 young people, besides the donation of 10,000 eco-sustainable backpacks by Ford to students of public schools.
- Employees Celebrate the Production of 1.5 Million Sigma Engines at Taubate Plant, in Brazil
SÃO PAULO, Brazil - Employees of Ford Brazil plant in the city of Taubaté, Sao Paulo state, celebrated the milestone of 1.5 million units produced of Sigma engine.
- New Ranger was the Main Sponsor of Expoagro 2016
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Ford Argentina was present for 10th consecutive year at Expoagro 2016, the most important fair in the agricultural field in Argentina.
- Brazil EcoSport is the Leader of Exports
CAMAÇARI, Brazil – The Brazilian EcoSport was the most exported SUV in 2015 with 30.808 BU units sold in Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Equator, Bolivia and Argentina. Besides these markets, the vehicle is also sold as CKD in Venezuela.
- New Ranger Arrives in Brazil in April and Ford Begins Preview Events
Announced to be launched in the Brazilian market next April, the New Ford Ranger Limited high series was shown last week to specialized media, in a preview event.
- Ford Argentina Presented the New Ka
Ford Argentina presented the new Ka to the Argentinean market. The brand´s smallest exponent completes its large models family with the DNA formed in comfort, safety and design.
- Ford Brazil Expands its Heavy Truck LIne with New Models with Automated Transmission
CAXIAS DO SUL, South of Brazil – Around 80 commercial vehicle specialized journalists took part in the launch event of the new Cargo with automated transmission in the medium and heavy trucks segments in Brazil. With these models, Ford Trucks expands its portfolio to 34 versions, one of the largest in the country.
- Ford Argentina is the Automaker with Best Online Reputation According to Mercado Magazine
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Mercado –one of the most important business
and economic magazines of Argentina- together with Oh! Panel consultant,
published its annual Online Reputation Ranking (RRO), which analyzes brands
behavior on Internet. In its 2015’ edition, Ford Argentina obtained the #14
position among the Top 50 main companies, escalating 11 places compared to 2014.
In this way, Ford is the automaker with the highest score in Argentina,
followed by Fiat (#39) and VW (#41).
- Ford is a pioneer in the sale of Fusion Hybrid in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford registered a relevant milestone in
Brazilian market completing 5 years of uninterrupted sales of Fusion Hybrid
model. It is the only of its type with commercial scale in the country.
- Ford Argentina Presented its New Cargo Line Euro V and the Extra Heavy Trucks
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Ford Argentina presented the New Cargo Line Euro V, which includes the Extra Heavy trucks for the first time in the local market. With these new launches, Ford Trucks has now presence in all segments of the market.
- Ford Brazil hold Environmental Educational Program in Camaçari Plant
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil holds one of the main
environmental educational programs of Bahia state for students in Camaçari plant
where EcoSport and Ka are currently produced. In 2015, this program had a
participation record of 40 schools with 1,294 students and 122 teachers who
visited Ford´s Environmental Center weekly.
- Ford Fusion Completes 10 Years of Leadership in Luxury C/D Sedan Segment in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil – Ford Fusion is completing 10 years in the Brazilian Market, as the leader in the C/D luxury segment. Imported from Mexico, the model started to be sold in the country in 2006 simultaneously with its launch in North America, in 2006.
- Ford Cars are the Biggest Winners of the "Best Cars" Website Award
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford cars were the most awarded in the “Best Cars” award, voted in January by the visitors of the website, which has a wide audience in Brazil.
- Ford Delivers Breakthrough in 2015 with Record Full Year Pre-Tax Profit of $10.8B
Today, Ford Motor Company reported its 2015 full year and fourth quarter financial results. For the full- year 2015, the company reported a record pre-tax profit, excluding special items of $10.8 billion, up $3.5 billion from 2014 results.
- Ford Brazil Opened the Campus Party Technology Event with the Announcement of SYNC 3 Launch in the Country
SÃO PAULO, Brazil - Steven Armstrong, Ford South America president, opened the brand´s participation in Campus Party 2016 with the announcement of the launch of the third generation of SYNC connectivity system in its 2016 vehicle lineup. Around 100 auto and technology journalists and bloggers participated in the Ford press conference and have already generated large positive media coverage.
- Ford was Awarded for its Customer Services in South America
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford was honored by Federation of
Direct Marketing Associations from Latin America as best customer automotive
service center in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Mexico. This is
the fifth consecutive year that the brand received this recognition. The award
was delivered to Ford SA executives in an event in Punta Del Este, Uruguay.
- Quick Lane Opens its First Independent Center in the World
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Almost two years after its introduction in Argentina, the first independent Quick Lane center was inaugurated in the city of San Miguel de Tucuman. It is not within a dealer’s facilities, but it has its own building of 850 m2 and it is the largest Quick Lane branch in the country. Its facilities are fully aligned with the architectural brand standards and include two office plants, three service bays, a 3D aligning device and a convenience room of over 100 m2.
- Ford Launches in Argentina its Instagram Account
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Ford introduced in Argentina its new account on Instagram, Facebook’s social network to upload photos and videos. From Instagram, Ford will share high impact images of global vehicles for all its fans.
- Ford Reports Growth in Brazilian Heavy Trucks Market in 2015
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil´s heavy truck division reported its sales results in 2015 in the Brazilian market: 18% of market share with a gain of 3.7 percentage points over the previous year.
- Ford Argentina Reveals the New Ranger's Interior at the Kinect Summer Attraction
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Ford Kinetic Summer Attraction began its 2016 season at Pinamar and Cariló. For the first time, Ford showcases the interior of the New Ranger, which was presented to the press in December 2015 and which will be launched in the local market in the upcoming months. The new Ranger is equipped with a totally renewed screen with Sync MyFord Touch and an 8’’ touch screen.
- Ford Brazil Won International Digital Awards with Online Focus Game
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil – As part of the actions to launch the Focus in Brazil, Ford created a special digital campaign, including an online game to drive the new model in Monte Carlo, the famous F1 circuit, and Atlantic Road, in Norway. Called “The Fastback Drive Experience”, the game with the Focus 4-door version won the awards “Site of the Day” and “Mobile of the Day” by Favourite Website Awards and also “Site of the Day” by Awwwards. These important international portals promote the awards and are considered two of the most prestigious websites in digital world.
- With the New Ka, Focus and Fusion, Ford Grows Market Share in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil – Ford closed 2015 with a market share growth driven especially by New Ka, Focus and Fusion sales performance. With 10,4% of participation, Ford gained 1 percentage point compared to last year and was the only automaker among the traditional OEMs that did not lose market share considering a sharp sales decline in the entire automotive industry.