- Ford F-150 Earns KBB Brand Image Award
NEW YORK - Ford Motor Company will be honored as Kelley Blue Book’s Best Overall Truck Brand at the New York International Auto Show on April 16.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Tackles New Trend - Driving Selfies
DEARBORN – Ford Driving Skills for Life, the free, advanced driving skills program for novice drivers, is launching its second decade in 2014 with an expanded reach and mission as it continues to address dangerous trends and challenges faced by teens and other new drivers.
- Thousands Flock to World Headquarters to Celebrate Mustang’s 50th
DEARBORN – More than 3,000 employees and retirees flocked to Ford World Headquarters Thursday, April 17, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic Ford Mustang.
- Where are You on the Green Spectrum?
DEARBORN – Whichever green-group you fall into, eco-expert Danny Seo and Ford Motor Company want you to know that going green (or going greener) isn’t something to shy away from.
- All-New 2015 F-150 Durability Forum Reveals Little-Known Facts about New Truck Testing
DEARBORN – Ford recently held an F-150 "We Test" forum at the Research and Innovation Center in Dearborn where members of the truck team educated media about the durability, quality and reliability testing Ford conducted to ensure that the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 earned its “Built Ford Tough” badge.
- At Auto China 2014, Ford Highlights Growing China Lineup with All-New Ford Escort, All-New Ford Mustang; Ford Everest Concept Hints at Future SUV
BEIJING - Moving forward with its plan to bring 15 new vehicles to the Chinese market by 2015, and building on its impressive momentum in the Asia Pacific region, Ford Motor Company is giving visitors to Auto China 2014 an exclusive and interactive look at its growing lineup of global vehicles and innovative, smart technologies.
- Innovative Software Gives Racers Industry-Exclusive Performance Feature for All-New 2015 Ford Mustang GT
DEARBORN - Ford engineers are leveraging state-of-the-art controls software technology to give some of the most avid Mustang customers an industry-first feature – electronic line-lock.
- Ford Wins Nielsen’s Spanish-Language TV Advertiser of the Year
DEARBORN - Nielsen is recognizing Ford Motor Company as the Spanish-Language TV Advertiser of the Year. The performance base award is the result of Hispanic viewers that evaluated each automotive brand on combined performance of their Spanish-language ads on ad recall, brand recall and likeability.
- Taking the ‘Pedi to the Metal’ – OPI Unveils Ford Mustang Nail Lacquer Collection
NEW YORK – OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores in July.
- Weekly Top Stories: 4/17/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for April 12 - 17, 2014.
- Celebrating 50 Years of Mustang – A Message from Bill Ford
DEARBORN - Fifty years after the introduction of the Ford Mustang at the World’s Fair, today the company will celebrate the milestone with events happening around the globe.
- Time Lapse Video: Reconstructing the 1964 Empire State Building Event
NEW YORK - To reenact a publicity feat conducted nearly 50 years ago when the first Mustang convertible was unveiled, Ford once again took to getting an all-new Mustang convertible atop the Empire State Building.
- Ford Mustang 50 years: Complete Coverage
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang will become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. In its first 49 years, Mustang has gained a worldwide base of avid fans, including more than 5 million see articles and videos about the Ford Mustang and celebration of 50 years of continuous production.
- Unleashing Passion and Creativity – Ford Launches Global Fashion Collaboration Marking Mustang’s 50th
NEW YORK – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Mustang Memories Countdown: Recap
DEARBORN - As we get closer to the 50 years celebration of Ford Mustang, @Ford had the opportunity to sit down and chat with employees, club members and retirees about their memories around the iconic pony car.
- Fields Goes ‘Back to the Future’
NEW YORK - Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields opened the New York International Auto Show Wednesday with a "Back to the Future" themed keynote speech highlighting the tremendous benefits of innovation over the years. Read his remarks to learn which new technologies are on the horizon for Ford.
- Mustang Reenacts Empire State Building Feat
NEW YORK - The celebration of 50 years of the Ford Mustang continues atop the Empire State Building where an all-new Mustang has been placed on the 86th floor observatory – the second time in history a car has topped the building. The only other car display on the Empire State Building observation happened in 1965 with a Mustang convertible. Getting the vehicle up to the display space proved to be just as challenging 50 years later considering helicopter and crane delivery could not be used in either instance. The photo gallery below details the dramatic unveiling of the Mustang convertible 86 stories up. Visitors to the Empire State Building observation deck can see the new Mustang convertible from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., April 16-17.
- Free The Children’s Spencer West Visits Ford of Canada’s Canadian Headquarters
OAKVILLE - Spencer West - double amputee, Me to We motivational speaker, author, and Free The Children Ambassador - has set his sights high again this summer. On April 10, he embarked on a cross-Canada We Create Change tour, a road trip for inspiring community action and global change.
- Ford Pays Homage to Five Decades of the World’s Favorite Pony Car with Limited-Production 50 Year Edition Mustang
NEW YORK – Fifty years after debuting one of the world’s most popular cars, Ford is marking the milestone by revealing a Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition. Created to honor five decades of Mustang heritage, only 1,964 examples of the 50 Year Limited Edition will ever be built when it goes on sale this fall.
- Zipcar and Ford Motor Company Launch Communities with Drive Program
BOSTON – Zipcar, Inc. today announced the launch of the “Communities with Drive” program, sponsored by Zipcar and Ford Motor Company. Communities with Drive is a national contest to seek, profile and reward organizations that are having a profound impact on the communities in which they operate.
- Mustang Road Trip: Dearborn to New York
DEARBORN - On Monday, April 14, 2014, Moray Callum vice president, Design, and Chris Svensson, Design director, The Americas, left the Dearborn Inn to head to New York in their ’65 and ’67 Mustangs, driving the same route that media drove 50 years ago.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Overview
DEARBORN - Chief Nameplate Engineer Dave Pericak gives employees an overview of the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Pothole’s Uncovered: Avoidance, Mitigation and Damage Detection
DEARBORN - For many of us, daily driving has become a veritable obstacle course due to the unusual number of potholes on the road. There are people at Ford who spend a great deal of time testing our vehicles to make them as robust as possible against pothole damage.
- Mitigating Pothole Damage is Priority for Ford
DEARBORN - Years before a vehicle ever appears on the road, Ford begins working on how to make it robust against potholes.
- How to Prevent, Spot and Address Pothole Damage
DEARBORN - Now that the harsh winter weather is behind us – let’s keep our fingers crossed – it’s the perfect time to assess your vehicle for pothole damage.