- Ford’s Blueprint for Sustainability Advances to Next Level;New F-150 Lineup Includes Highest EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy Ratings Among Gas-Powered Pickups
Ford advances to the next level in providing customers with more fuel-efficient vehicles, as the new 2015 F-150 lineup includes the highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of any gasoline-powered full-size pickup sold in America.
- Weekly Top Stories: 11/21/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for November 17 - 21
- Ford Manufacturing Plants Complete Fall All-Hands Town Hall Meetings
Ford Motor Company’s U.S. hourly and salary manufacturing workforce were recently given an in-depth overview of the state of the business.
- Ford’s Mustang Engineers, New Airbag Design Recognized at SPE Automotive Innovation Awards
Ford Motor Company and its employees were recently honored at the 44th annual Society of Plastics Engineers’ (SPE) Automotive Innovation Awards.
- Military Heroes Honored at Ford Veterans Day Celebration
The Ford Veterans Network Group (VET NG) honored military heroes from all branches of service during a Veterans Day celebration held at Ford Word Headquarters in Dearborn. Veterans Day, an American holiday that dates back to the 20th Century, recognizes the achievements, courage and sacrifices of all veterans of war, conflicts and active duty service.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Erdaw Miko Contributes to Educational and Sustainability Efforts in Ethiopia
Several years ago, Erdaw Miko began collecting money to build a school in his home village. The project, “A School for Menjikso Tade,” is aimed at improving the educational conditions for children. In 2008, Miko founded Die Sonnenblume e.V., an association that helps to improve education and living conditions in Menjikso Tade, a village about 50 km away from Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. The people from the village of Menjikso Tade are very poor. Most of the inhabitants live on the agriculture, and up until now the village had no running water.
- Buffalo Stamping Goes Further, Becomes Refuge During Historic Storm
The historic snowfall that hit Buffalo, New York, this week brought traffic to a standstill, stranded hundreds, and collapsed roofs. At the same time, it brought out the best in Ford employees caught in the middle of the swirling drifts.
- Ford Announces App Pursuit Hackathon Winner at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show Connected Car Expo
Team FuelSignal won the first-ever Connected Car-Connected City App Pursuit at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show Connected Car Expo, Ford announced. FuelSignal was selected today from among 10 finalists for the grand prize.
- All-New 2015 Lincoln MKC wins Best Buy Award from Consumer Guide® Automotive
The all-new 2015 Lincoln MKC, which went on sale this spring, won the Consumer Guide® Automotive 2015 Best Buy Award in the Premium Compact Crossover/SUV category.
- What is Influenza (Flu)?
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best ways to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year and following good hygiene habits.
- Ford Design VP on LA, Paris Auto Shows
Interview with Ford Design VP Moray Callum
- Sierra Club Receives $500 Donation for Each Residential SunPower Solar System Installed Through the Program
The Sierra Club is joining Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) and SunPower’s (NASDAQ: SPWR) Drive Green for Life program to help more Americans move toward emissions-free driving.
- Ford Plants Flag in Middle East & Africa with Live Action Event; New Mustang Unveiled on World’s Tallest Building, Burj Khalifa
Ford Motor Company, underscoring its growing ambitions in the Middle East and Africa, today introduced the all-new Mustang on the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
- Ford Explorer Marks 25 Years of Innovation
Building on 25 years of innovation and sales leadership, a new Explorer is on its way with even more smart technology, a new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and an all-new Platinum series. The 2016 Ford Explorer arrives next summer.
- Ford Executive Chairman Addresses ‘The Future of Mobility’
DUBAI - On Wednesday, Nov. 19, Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford addressed attendees at “The Future of Mobility” event co-hosted by the Dubai Chamber and Ford MEA.
- 2014 Dress for Success Campaign Needs Your Gently Used Items
Ford’s Professional Women in Purchasing (PWIP) along with Ford’s Professional Women’s Network (PWN) is currently accepting items for its annual Dress for Success Clothing Drive, Nov. 17-21.
- Shelby GT350 Mustang: The Legend Returns
One of the most iconic performance Mustang nameplates of all time is returning, Ford confirmed today with the reveal of the all-new Shelby® GT350 Mustang.
- All-New Ford F-150 Wins Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com Best Buy Awards in Overall Best Buy and Truck Best Buy
The all-new 2015 Ford F-150 is the big winner of Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com Best Buy awards – earning both Overall Best Buy and Truck Best Buy prizes.
- Lincoln Officially Introduces Black Label Luxury
The Lincoln Motor Company officially introduces Lincoln Black Label today, redefining what it means to shop for, purchase and own a luxury automobile.
- Weekly Top Stories: 11/13/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for November 13, 2014
- 7 Million Adventures: Ford Explorer Marks U.S. Sales Milestone As New Model Ready for Reveal at Los Angeles Auto Show
Ford Motor Company announced the 7-millionth Explorer sold in the United States today, sealing the vehicle’s position as America’s favorite SUV. The iconic Explorer was launched in the U.S. market in 1990 becoming an instant hit. For nearly a quarter century, it has been the best-selling SUV in the country.
- Inside the Oval With Jamie Allison: Great Year for Ford Racing as Season Ends, Championship Hopes High
This is an exciting week to be doing my next Ford Racing column for @FordOnline.
We are in the final week of the racing season, and Ford has a chance to capture two major championships in NASCAR and NHRA to cap off what has been a great year for Ford Racing.
- Designing the Future of Ford: Todd Willing
The ability to predict future needs of customers before they are aware of those needs existing is exactly what Ford design teams excel at and why Ford’s current global design leadership team has been so carefully selected.
- New Trophy for Ford EcoBoost 400 Harkens Back to Racer Henry Ford
It’s a trophy Henry Ford himself would love.
The winner of this Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be taking home a trophy, but in this case, the new trophy represents a unique part of Ford Racing history.
- TV Personality and Football Icon Michael Strahan visits Dearborn Truck Plant
The excitement at the Dearborn Truck Plant began in the morning with the Job 1 celebration and continued through the afternoon with a special visit from television personality and NFL Hall of Famer Michael Strahan.