- New Ford Technology May Help Drivers Avoid Frontal Crashes
Ford Motor Company is rolling out a new driver-assist system that can reduce the severity of or even eliminate some frontal collisions involving vehicles and pedestrians.
- Motor City Dragons Joins Forces for Breast Cancer Awareness
In November, Motor City Dragons (MCD) will celebrate its second anniversary as an advocate for breast cancer awareness. MCD is a dragon boat team within Ford Employee Recreation Association’s (FERA) Ford Canoe & Kayak Club. The team, spearheaded by Ford’s Csilla Gutay, is comprised of breast cancer survivors and co-ed supporters. Gutay was inspired to form the team when her best friend was diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer around Labor Day 2012 and read about the benefits of dragon boat racing on the Mayo Clinic site.
- ‘Drunk Suit’ Shows Dangers of Driving Under the Influence to Teens Across the Country
The Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program educates teen drivers on the various hazards of operating a vehicle while distracted or impaired, but this year’s program has amped up the learning experience with the use of a new wearable technology: the impairment simulator suit.
- VIDEO: Comrie-Picard Gives a Tour of His Team O'Neil Fiesta ST Rally Car
2014 Rally America Two-Wheel Drive Champion Andrew Comrie-Picard shows off his Ford Fiesta ST Rally car at Team O'Neil Rally School.
- Emerging Market Services Develops Interactive Service Parts and Inventory Training Program
DEARBORN - In the same way gamers use SimCity to try their hand at urban planning, some Ford employees are using a virtual reality program to learn how they can help dealers around the world ensure they have the right part, on time, every time.
- Ford Announces Actions with Respect to Its $882 Million of 4.25% Senior Convertible Notes Due 2016
Ford Motor Company [NYSE: F] has elected to exercise its right to terminate the conversion rights with respect to its 4.25% Senior Convertible Notes due Nov. 15, 2016 (the “Notes”), effective Nov. 20, 2014 (the “Conversion Rights Termination Date”), in accordance with the terms of the Notes.
- Ford and Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos Celebrate 50 Years of Mustang and the Future of Music in America
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mustang and its influence on popular culture, Ford Motor Company and Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos have teamed up through the ICON50 program to name 10 up-and-coming artists who are breaking new ground and setting the stage for the future in the music industry.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Experts Offer Safety Tips for Teen Drivers
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle crashes are the number one killer of 14- to 18-year-olds in the United States. As an initiative to encourage parents to speak to their teen drivers about the dangers of driving, the federal government sponsors National Teen Driver Safety Week during the third week of October.
- Keselowski's Dramatic Win Puts Three Fusions in Eliminator Round
Brad Keselowski pulled off the victory in a must-win situation to advance the No. 2 Fusion to the Eliminator Round, holding off the field to win at Talladega Sunday evening. The win is the sixth of the season for Keselowski, but easily his most clutch of the season.
- Weekly Top Stories: 10/17/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for October 13 - 17, 2014
- Ford, Tweddle Launch New Interactive Mustang App
Ford and Tweddle have launched a new full-featured interactive smartphone application for owners and enthusiasts of the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Ford Motor Company Hands Out Pranks this Halloween
Watch at your own risk...
- Ford of Canada Brings Local Schools to Driving Skills for Life
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. hosted a Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) event for local high schools, as well as Ford of Canada employees and their teens, at the Powerade Centre in Brampton, Ontario.
- Bongiovanni Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Wins ‘Best Engineered’ Award
Ford Racing introduced the Mustang Cobra Jet with Ford’s winning tradition foremost in mind. A few years later, “CJ’s” are feared everywhere and the success on the drag strip has given sportsman the chance celebrate.
- All-New Ford F-150 BoxLink, LED Box Lights and Remote Tailgate Release Revolutionize Truck Bed Cargo Management
Now, Ford is revolutionizing the management and stowage of cargo inside the pickup truck box with its patented BoxLink™ system debuting on the all-new Ford F-150. Along with LED box lights, a power locking and remote tailgate release, and segment-first cargo ramps, the 2015 F-150 is better equipped to help manage loads more efficiently.
- Ford in History: October Milestones
The month of October holds many milestones of historical significance for Ford. From introducing the first Model T to jump starting the process that changed manufacturing forever, the moving assembly line, October has earned itself some notoriety for Ford team members.
- Ford of Canada represents at Terry Fox Run in Oakville
It was a beautiful day for a run along the lakeshore of downtown Oakville, Ontario, on Sunday, Sept. 14.
- Video: Vaughn Gittin Jr. Introduces Formula Drift Fans to the 2015 Ford Mustang
Formula Drift wrapped up the 2014 season last weekend at Irwindale Speedway. The latest installment of "All Smoke No Joke" with Vaughn Gittin Jr. includes footage of Gittin Jr. introducing the drifting fans to the 2015 Ford Mustang and action shots of his RTR Ford Mustang.
- More Than a Silver Lining: Plug-In Electric Vehicles to Talk to Electric Companies via the Cloud
Ford Motor Company will join seven global automakers this week for a first-ever test of technology that will allow utility companies to communicate with plug-in electric vehicles via the cloud, an advancement that would help manage energy use and improve the efficiency of the power grid.
- Ford, NextEnergy Announce Automotive Lighting Challenge to Accelerate Development of LED Technology
Ford Motor Company and NextEnergy, one of the nation’s leading accelerators of advanced energy technologies, have teamed up on a technology innovation challenge for industry suppliers to help advance state-of-the-art automotive lighting.
- Ford Helps Busy Millennials Navigate the Road to Success
A recent national survey, conducted by Ford, revealed a quarter of commuters are millennials ages 18 to 29. This busy generation is always on the move and looking for ways to fulfill their many obligations, work or otherwise, quickly and efficiently.
- The Ford of Canada Team Embraces Global Week of Caring
The Ford Volunteer Corps makes a difference throughout the year, but during Ford Global Week of Caring (GWC) Ford truly shows people the power of One Ford with one goal: a better world.
- Ford Racing Weekend Report: Oct. 10 – 12
Ford Racing breakdown from the weekend events.
- Ford Continues Job Creation Momentum at Historic Rouge Center
Ford Motor Company today announced the addition of 850 new jobs at its historic Ford Rouge Center, comprised of the Dearborn Truck, Dearborn Stamping and Dearborn Diversified facilities. The new jobs will support production of the all-new 2015 F-150 launching in a matter of weeks.
- All-New Ford F-150 Earns Truck of Texas Title at TAWA Texas Truck Rodeo; Ford Honored with Five Additional Awards
Ford trucks earned top honors at the 2014 Texas Auto Writers Association Truck Rodeo, with the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 being named Truck of Texas – the most prestigious award.