- Watch for Signs of Heat Stress During the Summer Months
Like the engine of a car, our bodies operate best within certain temperature limits. Just as a car’s engine can be damaged if the temperature rises above critical limits, our bodies can also be injured if our internal temperature goes above a certain level.
- ERTs Save Lives, Play a Vital Role in Plants
A supervisor at the Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) was in the middle of a presentation to employees on the plant floor when he started to slur his speech and become disoriented. Within seconds, he was unconscious and on the ground. That’s when the emergency response team (ERT) at DTP sprang into action.
- Weekly Top Stories: 7/31/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for July 27 - 31, 2015.
- Kelley Blue Book: Ford Fiesta named to KBB.com's 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2015 List
The Ford Fiesta has been named to KBB.com’s list of its 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2015.
- 2015 Ford F-150 Leads Light-Duty Truck Segment in Safety Ratings
Ford’s all-new F-150, the toughest, smartest, most capable and safest F-150 ever is the first pickup in America to earn an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick for its SuperCrew model.
- Nearly 400 Cars Joined Annual PDC Car and Truck Show, Highlighted History of Lincoln, Mercury
The early morning rain didn’t deter hundreds of Ford employees from checking out this year’s Product Development Center Annual Car and Truck Show on Friday, July 17.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: FAIA Brand Promotion Team Strengthens External Partnerships
Aristotle once said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” The Ford Asian Indian Association (FAIA) Employee Resource Group has made a habit of routinely “Going Further” in promoting the Ford and Lincoln brands in the community. FAIA is one of 11 organizations within the Ford Employee Resource Group.
- Ford Reports Strong Second Quarter Results; Pre-Tax Profit $2.9 Billion; Net Income $1.9 Billion
Ford Motor Company today reported its 2015 second quarter financial results. The company delivered a pre-tax profit of $2.9 billion, up $269 million or 10 percent from a year ago. The company also posted net income of $1.9 billion, up $574 million or 44 percent from the same period in 2014. This was the 24th consecutive profitable quarter for Ford.
- Chicago Ford Dealers Host BBQ Events to Raise Money for U.S. Troops
Ten Ford dealerships in the Chicago area participated in a fundraiser over the weekend to support the USO of Illinois, a nonprofit organization that offers assistance to local service members and military families in communities across Illinois.
- Ford GT Named 2015 North American Most Significant Concept Vehicle of the Year
The all-new Ford GT – a technology showcase for top EcoBoost® performance, aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction – today nabbed the prestigious North American award for 2015 Production Preview Concept of the Year, as well as top honors as Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2015.
- Weekly Top Stories: 7/24/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for July 20 - 24, 2015.
- BraunAbility – the World Leader in Mobility Vehicles – Selects Ford Explorer to Create First-Ever Wheelchair-Accessible SUV
As the United States marks 25 years of the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act, BraunAbility and Ford Motor Company are introducing a vehicle with the potential to change the face of an industry and bring greater mobility to people in wheelchairs.
- Ceremonial Handshake at Detroit High School Marks Official Start of 2015 UAW-Ford Contract Talks
The importance of working together as a team to build quality vehicles and a strong community was emphasized by UAW and Ford leaders as they united Thursday morning at Cass Technical High School in Detroit for the ceremonial handshake that officially marks the start of 2015 contract negotiations.
- Ford Earns Three Segment-Level Awards in J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study
When it comes to delivering vehicles that owners really love, 3 of the Ford nameplates led in their respective segments as per the latest J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study released earlier today. Ford had three segment award recipients – C-MAX, Expedition and the F-150.
- New Trend Video Series: Rally for Renegades and Rebels
Today on @Ford Online we continue our monthly trend series featuring Sheryl Connelly, manager, Global Trends and Futuring. These monthly videos are designed to provide a snapshot of the ten trends featured in the 2015 Looking Forward with Ford trends book.
- New Top-Of-The-Line Ford F-150 Limited is Most Advanced, Luxurious F-150 Ever
Ford, America’s truck leader, introduces its most advanced and luxurious truck ever – the Ford F-150 Limited.
- PAC Ambassadors Travel to D.C.
Meeting with a member of Congress was the highlight of spending the day in the U.S. capital for winners of this year’s Ford Political Action Committee’s trip to Washington, D.C. Three PAC members experienced firsthand how their support helps strengthen Ford’s voice with lawmakers.
- Team Penske Duo Grab Top-5s in New Hampshire
Kyle Busch’s aggressive move to unlap himself just before a caution flew with 51 laps to go proved to be the move of the race as he won Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Celebrating 90 Years of Great Stories in Mexico
Since the beginning of the 20th century, the vision of Henry Ford consolidated the automotive industry as one of the most important sectors of a new and modern era, which was emphasized by its multiple innovations in production and technology. Because of that, on June 23, 1925, Mexico welcomed Ford Motor Company, who made history by becoming the first automaker to settle in the country.
- Virtual Manufacturing Technology Helps Improve Safety of Ford’s ‘Industrial Athletes’
Ford held a media forum at the company’s Ergonomics and Variation Analysis Lab in Dearborn Thursday to showcase how it is using virtual manufacturing technology to design vehicle assembly processes that plant employees can perform safely, efficiently and with best-in-class quality results for customers.
- Weekly Top Stories: 7/17/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for July 13 - 17, 2015.
- All-New Ford Edge Featured in Wide-Reaching Marketing Campaign
Whether you’re watching television, surfing the internet, filling your car up with gas or enjoying a night out at the movie theater, chances are you’re going to see the all-new Ford Edge.
- Ford Reduces Production Line Injury Rate by 70 Percent for Its More Than 50,000 ‘Industrial Athletes’
Since 2003, Ford has reduced the injury rate by 70 percent for its more than 50,000 “industrial athletes” in the U.S., and many more around the world, through new ergonomics technology, lift-assist devices, workstation redesign and data-driven process changes.
- Lincoln Continental to be Built at Flat Rock Assembly
As anticipation grows for the new Lincoln Continental, we announced today that the all-new sedan will be built at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan beginning sometime next year.
- Ford Announces Apollo Edition Mustang to Celebrate Innovation and Inspiration of Apollo Missions
As far as special edition Mustangs go, this one is out of this world.