- ATNPC, EMDO, LTP, REP, and VDTP Recognized with 2014 MDEQ Neighborhood Environmental Partner Awards
On August 26, Automatic Transmission New Product Center (ATNPC), Engine Manufacturing Development Operations (EMDO), Livonia Transmission Plant (LTP), Romeo Engine Plant (REP), and Van Dyke Transmission Plant (VDTP) were recognized with 2014 Neighborhood Environmental Partner (NEP) Awards. This is a very select recognition, as only facilities which are Michigan Clean Corporate Citizens (C3) can even apply for the NEP Award.
- Ultimate Towing Machine: 2015 Ford F-450 Rated Best-in-Class Using Society of Automotive Engineers J2807 Standard
Ford reaffirms the undisputed heavy-duty towing leadership of the 2015 Ford F-450 Super Duty Class 3 pickup at 31,200 pounds after testing using the Society of Automotive Engineers J2807 standard.
- ‘It’s Here’ – Sixth-Generation Ford Mustang Launches at Flat Rock Assembly
Iconic. Legendary. Exciting.
Those are some of the words used to describe Ford’s pony car during Thursday’s event at Flat Rock Assembly Plant commemorating the first 2015 Mustangs rolling off the line.
- Ford Puts First Truck Customers Behind Wheel of the All-New F-150 to Kick Off ‘You Test’ Video Series
Four lucky truck customers are taking their turn behind the wheel of the all-new F-150, Ford’s toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 yet, to put it through some of the toughest testing to date – their own.
- Weekly Top Stories: 8/29/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for August 25 - 29, 2014
- Ford Fusion Energi Adventure Campaign Awarded
The Ford Fusion Energi Adventure campaign, coordinated by Ford and social media marketing partner Flash Point Communications, recently was honored with two Telly awards.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Celebrates Jackie Robinson West Little League U.S. Champions with Annual Scholarship
Ford Motor Company is honoring the accomplishments of the Jackie Robinson West Little League U.S. Champions by contributing to an annual scholarship at the team’s namesake, the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
- All-New 2015 Ford Mustang Begins Production at Flat Rock Assembly Plant; Marks Global Availability of Iconic Pony Car
The highly-anticipated, all-new Ford Mustang rolls off the line today at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, marking the start of production of the sixth-generation of the iconic pony car. For the first time in its 50-year history, Ford will bring the Mustang to customers globally in more than 120 countries around the world.
- @Ford Sits Down with 2015 Ford Edge Design Team
The 2015 Ford Edge is all-new from wheels to roof and designed to reset the standard in the two-row utility vehicle market. The Edge – reimagined with a stronger, more athletic shape – will be sold in more than 100 markets across the globe and will go on sale early next year in North America.
- It’s Changeover Day at Dearborn Truck Plant
Ford has orchestrated a logistical transformation that will see more than 1,100 tractor trailers and 1,000 workers remove legacy manufacturing equipment and replace it with state-of-the-art equipment to build the all-new Ford F-150. The work began several days ago, but the bulk of the traffic coming into the plant is expected to take place today.
- How Ford Engineers Made the All-New F-150 the Toughest-Looking, Most Aerodynamically Efficient F-150 Ever
Designers of the 2015 Ford F-150 had a challenging goal to meet when they set out to reimagine the world’s best-selling pickup: Create an aerodynamic, efficient design that did not compromise the tough, bold looks that define Ford trucks.
- Detroit Lions and Ford Motor Company Announce Quick Lane Bowl Game at Ford Field
The Detroit Lions and Ford Motor Company announced today a multiyear agreement designating Ford’s Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center as title sponsor for an annual college football bowl game held at Ford Field in Detroit. This year’s game is scheduled for Dec. 26 at 4:30 p.m. The Quick Lane Bowl will air nationally on ESPN.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Announces $50,000 Grant for Kettering University FIRST Robotics Community Center
Ford Motor Company Fund today announced a $50,000 grant for FIRST Robotics Community Center at Kettering University, part of the company’s ongoing support for innovative programs that promote careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Joey Logano Completes Ford Racing Sweep at Bristol Motor Speedway
This weekend marked the first time Ford Racing has swept a NASCAR Camping World Truck, NASCAR Nationwide, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend since 2006 when Mark Martin (NCWTS) and Matt Kenseth (NNS/NSCS) did it, ironically, at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Lincoln MKC Brings $129 Million Investment, 300 New Jobs to Louisville Assembly Plant
Today, Ford Motor Company announced the hiring of 300 new employees and a $129 million investment in Louisville Assembly Plant to support production of the all-new 2015 Lincoln MKC.
- Ford Honored as a Top 50 Employer for Minority IT and Engineering Professionals
DEARBORN, Mich. – Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals magazine has chosen Ford for the No. 6 spot on their annual list of Top 50 Employers. The winners were chosen as the result of a survey issued by the magazine, asking its readers to identify the companies that provide the most positive work experiences for IT professionals and engineers who are members of minority groups.
- Unleashed by Mustang: Ford Reveals Limited-Edition Fashion Collaboration with Global Designers
Fashion innovators Anna Sui, Rogan, Paula Cademartori, CO|TE and Pamela Love join Ford Motor Company to celebrate the iconic Ford Mustang with the debut of Mustang Unleashed, a limited-edition line of one-of-a-kind shirts.
- Weekly Top Stories: 8/22/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for August 18 - 22, 2014
- How a Turbocharger Exhaust Pipe Shaped Like a Cobra Head Helps Ford Power Stroke Diesel Make Best-In-Class Power
While some might hold their breath seeing the fearsome shape of a king cobra, Ford engineers discovered that designing the turbo exhaust outlet, or downpipe, of the 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel like a cobra head helps the engine breathe easier.
- 10 Driver Friendly Features the Ford F-150 Team Thought of So Customers Wouldn’t Have To
There are 10 features of the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 pickup that were designed to satisfy customers without them ever even noticing.
- Ford Motor Company Invests More Than $600,000 in New Community Programs for Kansas City Area
Ford Motor Company is expanding its commitment to the Kansas City area by launching a philanthropic initiative with local dealers that will result in an investment of more than $600,000 in education, safety and community programs this year.
- Lincoln Motor Company and Matthew McConaughey Begin New Creative Journey
Today marks another key and exciting step in the reinvention of The Lincoln Motor Company as we announce a collaboration with Academy Award™-winning actor Matthew McConaughey.
- 110 Years of Going Further in Canada
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited was established 110 years ago on August, 17, 1904. Originally known as the Walkerville Wagon Works in what is now Windsor, Ontario, Ford of Canada founder Gordon McGregor negotiated with Henry Ford and began producing Ford vehicles in Canada.
- TESPHE Benefit Offers UAW-Ford Employees Tax-Efficient Way to Save for Retirement
Planning for retirement is important.
If you are a UAW-Ford employee, there is a retirement benefit that you should be taking advantage of.
- The Ford Windsor Site Keeps on Giving for JDRF
It was a busy but exciting day on June 12 when Edsel B. Ford II, member of the board of directors of Ford Motor Company, visited the Ford Engine Plant in Windsor, Ontario, to say thanks to the joint Ford and UNIFOR team at the Windsor Site (comprised of the Windsor Engine Plant, Essex Engine Plant and the Windsor Annex) for their continued generosity and support of JDRF.