- Weekly Top Stories: 9/04/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for August 31 - September 4, 2015.
- New Trend Video Series: Carryless Movement
Today on @Ford Online we continue our monthly trend series featuring Sheryl Connelly, manager, Global Trends and Futuring. These monthly videos are designed to provide a snapshot of the ten trends featured in the 2015 Looking Forward with Ford trends book.
- Bill Ford Emphasizes Importance of Giving Back, Announces New Initiatives
When Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford arrived at Starfish Family Services in Inkster Wednesday morning to announce two new community initiatives, he was greeted by Larry Faust, a four-year-old boy who is one example of the thousands of children that Starfish serves in the metropolitan Detroit community each year. He also was flanked by a group of Ford College Graduates – all proudly donning blue Ford Volunteer Corps T-shirts – who came to the facility to donate their time to help young students in need.
- Ford’s ‘Innovation Mindset’ Promoted at Michigan Supply Chain Summit
Ermal Faulkner, director of Purchasing, The Americas, promoted Ford’s innovation mindset strategy and stressed the importance of supplier relationships to an audience of industry professionals at the Michigan Supply Chain Innovation Summit Aug. 31.
- NEW: Asia Pacific Markets Added to Product Information Center
Want to discover products from other markets, including models in the Asia-Pacific region, to gain some insight into the preferences and tastes of Ford customers in other parts of the world? With the Ford employee Product Information Center powered by @FordOnline, we’ve got you covered.
- Ford SYNC AppLink Developer Conference Comes to San Francisco with TechCrunch Disrupt SF
Coming on the heels of the release of Ford’s latest generation of SYNC®, Ford Motor Company has announced that its second annual SYNC AppLink™ Developer Conference will be held in collaboration with TechCrunch Disrupt SF.
- Ford GT Owners Gather to Show Off Supercars
More than 100 pristine Ford GTs were on display at Ford World Headquarters last week for the 2015 Ford GT National Rally 10.
- It’s Official! Ford Sets World Record for Biggest Hot Wheels Car Track Loop
Ford now officially holds the world record for biggest Hot Wheels® loop-the-loop at 12 feet, 6 inches tall, according to Guinness World Records.
- Canadian-Built Ford Edge Experiences Best August on Record
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. saw the best month of August on record, and the fifth consecutive month of sales increase, for the all-new Canadian-built Ford Edge.
- Ford Inspires Tomorrow’s Leaders Today with New Global Grant, Innovative Employee Civic Leadership Program
Ford Motor Company announces two new initiatives today that strengthen its leadership in community service and provide younger employees an innovative opportunity to explore their growing interest in civic engagement and volunteering.
- Time Warner Cable Adds Ford F-150 to Its Fleet for Work Capability, Lower Operating Costs and Energy Efficiency
Time Warner Cable is the latest company to add the 2015 Ford F-150 to its fleet – purchasing more than 540 trucks built by America’s truck leader.
- Behind the Numbers with Erich Merkle: August, 2015
Bob Seger once sang about “running against the wind.” Well, we did just that in August, and let me explain why. The year-over-year comparisons for August were destined to be really tough for the industry because the Labor Day weekend – which typically provides a strong boost in vehicle sales – happened to be counted as part of “August” sales last year. This year, Labor Day weekend is included in September sales figures. For this reason the majority of our competitors experienced a decline in sales.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford’s Turkish Resource Group Shares the Importance of Education with Students
The Turkish Resource Group (TRG) is being recognized as a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion winner for Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive environment. This team of four members wanted to make a difference in the lives of students in the community where they work.
- Strong Demand for New Products Boosts Ford August U.S. Sales to Best Levels in 9 Years
Ford Motor Company delivered its best August U.S. sales in nine years on strong demand for new cars, SUVs and trucks. Sales totaled 234,237 vehicles, a 5 percent increase.
- Ford Volunteer Corps Celebrates 10 Years, Expands Global Week to Global Month of Caring
With 10 years of the Ford Volunteer Corps under our belts and 10 years of Ford Global Week of Caring, it’s time to build on our success with the first-ever Ford Global Caring Month. During September, about 20,000 Ford employees in more than three dozen countries will go to work in their communities. Ford Global Caring Month opens more opportunities for Ford employees to volunteer and broadens the company’s focus on community service.
- All-New Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustangs Wow Reviewers, Sway Skeptics
While the all-new Shelby® GT350 and GT350R Mustangs stream down the production line at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, the results are coming in: These all-new Ford Performance cars are wowing auto reviewers not only across the U.S., but around the world.
- Ford Explorer Goes Platinum; New Model Gives Iconic SUV Ultimate Combination of Comfort, Performance
The vehicle that gave us room to roam reminds us that there is always room to grow and #ExploreMore.
- Weekly Top Stories: 8/28/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for August 24 - 28, 2015.
- Ford Smart Mobility Tour Kicks Off
The Ford Smart Mobility Experience visits five cities – Louisville, Orlando, Seattle, Denver and Los Angeles -- this summer and fall. Company leaders will share Ford’s Smart Mobility Plan which is our plan to deliver the next level in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience and big data.
- Launch of Ford Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R Mustangs Erupts Through Flat Rock
Applause erupted throughout Flat Rock Assembly Plant on Thursday, Aug. 20, as Jeff Carrier, plant manager, took the stage to welcome UAW and Ford leaders to the launch of Ford Shelby GT350® Mustang and Shelby® GT350R Mustang.
- Huge Weekend Moves Mostert To 2nd In V8 Supercar Points Behind Winterbottom
The Pepsi Max Crew now occupies the top two spots in the driver championship after a stellar weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park with Mark "Frosty" Winterbottom leading Chaz Mostert by 174 points.
- Ford and Foreigner Rock Then Roll 4 UR School
Ford Motor Company announced today its popular high school fundraising program – Drive 4 UR School – will collaborate with the rock band Foreigner to create and host special choir fundraisers in select states. The initiative, Rock Then Roll 4 UR School, will take place in tandem with Foreigner concerts this October.
- Joey Logano Continues Hot Streak by Winning Bristol Night Race for Second Straight Year
No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ford Fusion – VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW – “It was kind of interesting to watch it in the mirror. I was watching him drive in and I was like, ‘He’s going to get me eventually,’ so I just wanted to make sure I stayed at least three or four car lengths up on him so he didn’t get to me.”
- All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Prototype Hits The Trails For Testing
Ford Performance engineers are busy trail testing prototypes of the all-new F-150 Raptor, the toughest, smartest and most capable Raptor ever.
- All-new Ford Shelby® #GT350R Mustang Roars Off the Line at Flat Rock Assembly Plant
One of the most iconic performance Mustang nameplates of all time the all-new Shelby® GT350R roared off the line today at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant. The new GT350R Mustang is the most athletic Mustang ever, designed to tackle the world’s most challenging roads and race tracks while creating an exhilarating experience for the driver.