- Ford of Canada Momentum Continues with Best July on Record
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. sales increased 15 per cent this month, making it the best month of July on record. Strength in F-series, Escape, Explorer and Lincoln helped the company maintain its sales leadership for the fourth consecutive month.
- Weekly Top Stories: 8/01/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for July 28 - August 1, 2014.
- Fusion, Explorer, Escape Lead Ford’s Best July Results in Eight Years; F-Series and Lincoln Also Post Gains
Ford Motor Company U.S. sales of 212,236 vehicles increased 10 percent over a year ago for the best July in eight years. Retail sales of 162,028 vehicles are up 7 percent.
- Annual PDC Car Show Highlights 50 Years of Mustang
DEARBORN, Mich. ¬– While you can’t turn back the hands of time, you can take a trip down memory lane. Nearly 4,000 Ford employees, retirees and visitors recently did just that, taking a moment to reflect on the hundreds of timeless Mustang classics on display at the annual Product Development Center (PDC) car show.
- Ford Executive Chairman, Michigan Governor Promote State Business Development in Washington, D.C.
DEARBORN - Executive Chairman Bill Ford along with Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and other executives gathered today in Washington, D.C., as part of a Business Leaders Michigan (BLM) event spotlighting Michigan as a place to invest, hire and work. Below is a release discussing the organization’s latest endeavor to support this effort.
- 2015 Mustang To Be The Best Pony Car Yet
New information about the all-new 2015 Mustang including curb weight, horsepower and torque numbers were revealed at a Mustang Technical Forum media event on July 17th. The event saw press from around south-east Michigan descend on Dearborn to meet with Ford engineers and learn about the all-new engines and suspension in the 2015 pony car.
- Event Showcases 2015 Transit Assets
The first drive of the all-new 2015 Ford Transit in the North American market is part of Ford’s One Ford plan to leverage our global assets and bring world-class products to our customers around the world. The Transit will be built on a new global platform with a state-of-the art unibody structure, exceptional strength throughout the body and less weight, which means greater efficiency and increased capability. We anticipate the same success in North America as the vehicle has seen in Europe for the past 47 years.
- Ford Brings Together Natural Hair Industry Experts for Panel at Bronner Brothers International Hair Show & Convention
This weekend the city of Atlanta will be abuzz with thousands of hair industry professionals as part of the 67th annual Bronner Brothers International Hair Show & Convention. Ford, an 11-year collaborator on the trade show, will be there to shine the spotlight on the business and activity centered around the natural hair care industry as part of its involvement in this year’s show.
- Lincoln MKC takes the spotlight at the Ford of Canada July Town Hall
Dianne Craig, president and CEO, Ford of Canada, kicked-off the July Ford of Canada town hall by thanking everyone for their hard work throughout the first half of the year.
- Let’s Talk: Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Energy Companies Are About to Start Communicating via the Cloud
Ford Motor Company is collaborating with seven of the world’s largest automakers and 15 U.S. utility companies to develop technology for plug-in electric vehicles to talk to the utilities via the cloud – a move that would help manage energy use and improve the efficiency of the power grid.
- A Journey through Time: Ford Chorus Celebrates 70 Years
The Ford Chorus recently celebrated its 70th anniversary with a commemorative performance at Angelica Lutheran Church in Allen Park, Mich. where they performed popular compositions from the early 1900s through 2010. Musical productions have included “Kiss Me, Kate,” “The Music Man,” “The Pajama Game,” “Anything Goes,” “Guys and Dolls” and several other favorite pieces.
- Ford’s New KA is Revealed in Brazil Via Public Concert
Ford revealed its new KA hatch and KA+ sedan on July 24 during concert in Sao Paulo called "Ford, new Ka and Rock'n'Roll." This event is part of the vehicle’s prelaunch program to highlight KA’s innovative new design and smart features to enhance performance, comfort and safety.
- Weekly Top Stories: 7/25/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for July 21 - 25, 2014.
- Ford F-35 Lightning II Edition Mustang Celebrates 50 Years and Supports Young Eagles
The engineering and design teams at Ford Motor Company led the development of the one-off 2015 F-35 Lightning II Edition Ford Mustang, which will be donated by Ford and sold at the Gathering of Eagles charity event. The event is held on Thursday, July 31, 2014 during the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture Oshkosh 2014 – the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.
- Mood High at Americas Business Review
The mood was upbeat at Thursday’s quarterly Americas Business Review, held at Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn.
- Fields Hosts 2Q Global Town Hall, Thanks Employees for $2.6 Billion Pre-Tax Profit
In his first global quarterly earnings town hall as Ford Motor Company’s president and CEO, Mark Fields thanked employees for their work in achieving a $2.6 billion second quarter pre-tax profit and discussed four topics that will help the company accelerate growth and innovation.
- Ford Posts Second Quarter 2014 Pre-Tax Profit of $2.6 Billion; North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Europe and Ford Credit Profitable; Net Income of $1.3 Billion+
DEARBORN, Mich. — Ford Motor Company today reported a 2014 second quarter pre-tax profit of $2.6 billion, its 20th consecutive profitable quarter and its best since second quarter 2011. The company also affirmed its full-year pre-tax profit guidance of $7 billion to $8 billion as it continues to implement its One Ford plan to deliver profitable growth for all.
- Ford Credit Earns Second Quarter 2014 Pre-Tax Profit of $434 Million; Net Income of $264 Million*
Ford Motor Credit Company reported a pre-tax profit of $434 million in the second quarter of 2014, compared with $454 million a year earlier. The lower pre-tax profit was more than explained by a higher level of insurance losses from storm damage to dealer inventory. Ford Credit’s net income was $264 million in the second quarter of 2014, compared with $275 million in the previous year.
- Auto Experts Drive the New 2015 Ford Expedition
Designed to meet increasing demand for SUVs with more capability, technology, comfort and luxury, the 2015 Ford Expedition impressed media during a ride and drive event last week in West Virginia.
- All-New 2015 Ford F-150 Weighs In at New Engine Capability Media Forum
The weight savings between the all-new 2015 F-150 and the 2014 model was put to the test in a very visual way at the 2015 Ford F-150 New Engine Capability Media Forum held Tuesday at the Dearborn Development Center.
- All-New Ford F-150 2.7-Liter EcoBoost V6 Engine Delivers V8 Capability and Performance
With its new 2.7-liter EcoBoost® with standard Auto Start-Stop and new 3.5-liter V6 with twin independent variable camshaft timing, the 2015 Ford F-150 resets the bar in light-duty pickup truck performance, capability and efficiency.
- DIA: Ford Credit Teams Foster Respectful and Inclusive Environment for All Members
The Ford Credit Latin America and Ford Credit Mexico
management teams are responsible for the recent resumption of retail
financing in Mexico. These teams collaborated from multiple locations
around the world, juggling time zones and negotiating cultural nuances
to complete the challenging project in 18 months.
- Innovate Mobility Challenge Q&A with Eric Wingfield
Ford recently announced the launch of the Innovate Mobility Challenge series, which invites developer and ‘maker’ communities to find innovative mobility solutions across eight different locations around the world. @Ford Online discussed the importance of the Innovative Mobility Challenge with Eric Wingfield, mobility strategist, Research and Advanced Engineering.
- Ford and Detroit Symphony Orchestra Bring Chamber Music to Detroit Neighborhoods with New Free Concert Series
Ford Motor Company and Detroit Symphony Orchestra are building on their long history together by launching a new performance series that brings live orchestral music into the neighborhoods of Detroit.
- Ford EMS Employees Embrace World Cup Competition to Help Dearborn Animal Shelter
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company Emerging Market Services employees used guaranteed attention-getters – pets and the World Cup competition – to raise $900 for the team’s charity of the month, the Dearborn Animal Shelter.