- Information about Southeastern Michigan Severe Winter Storm Warning
DEARBORN - The National Weather Service has issued a severe winter storm warning for Southeastern Michigan beginning late this evening and throughout tomorrow. Our primary concern is the safety of our employees. Given that road conditions will vary throughout the region, please use discretion when deciding whether or not to drive to your work location on Wednesday, March 12.
- Ford Explorer Maintains Top Safety Ratings from NHTSA
DEARBORN - The 2014 Ford Explorer maintains top marks in the federal government’s new car safety rating program. Both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models earned five-star overall vehicle scores in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program.
- The New Mustang Convertible Delivers an All-Around Superior Top Down Experience
DEARBORN – Ford engineers were all ears to customer input when it came to delivering improvements to the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang convertible and this vehicle delivers.
- Olympic Connections: Speed Skating in Sochi
DEARBORN - Jonathan Kuck is not your average 23 year old. He is a scholar studying Engineering Physics who doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke and isn’t all that interested in the college party scene. What he is into however is speed, particularly the kind associated with sharpened blades hitting a clean sheet of ice.
- Ford Driving Dreams Tour Online Voting Launches
MIAMI - Ford Motor Company Fund and four Miami-area high schools have launched online voting for the “What Drives Your Dream” contest, which is part of the Ford Driving Dreams Tour.
- Ford Safety Lab Celebrates Important Milestones: 20,000th Crash Test and 10,000th Servo Sled Run
DEARBORN - Employees at the Ford Safety Lab in Dearborn recently celebrated two important milestones – the 20,000th full-vehicle crash test and the 10,000th run of the Servo Sled, a piece of testing equipment that uses only a portion of a vehicle’s body structure to simulate a collision and measure the effects on crash test dummies.
- Ford Increases Virtual Crash Computing Power, Helping to Ensure Customer Safety
DEARBORN – To facilitate growing demands for virtual crash test data, Ford is increasing its investment in computing power an additional 50 percent this year.
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer Awareness Day Observed at Ford Research and Innovation Center
DEARBORN - Triple Negative Breast Cancer Day (TNBC) was observed nationally on March 3, 2014 as a day of awareness raising, advocacy and grassroots fundraising events that were held in support of a cure for the disease. At Ford Motor Company, the day was commemorated with a Triple Negative Breast Cancer learning session presented by The Motor City Dragons Team, Warriors in Pink, Ford Professional Women’s Network, Ford Hispanic Network, Ford Corporate Medical and Ford Employee Benefits.
- Make a Difference: Diapers and Formula Needed in Southeast Michigan!
DEARBORN - Go Further and help children in need by donating diapers and formula at a number of Ford locations in the Dearborn area.
- Jackpot! Keselowski Sweeps Las Vegas Weekend
LAS VEGAS - Brad Keselowski passed Dale Earnhardt Jr. on the final lap and completed a weekend sweep by winning Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Employees React Positively to Ford’s $168 Million Investment in Ohio Assembly Plant
AVON LAKE - Ford Motor Co. announced Friday it will invest $168 million into the Ohio Assembly Plant shifting production of the new 2016 F-650 and F-750 medium duty trucks from Mexico to the US. The announcement was made before a crowd of nearly 800 plant workers, Ford and UAW officials, and other state and local representatives at the Northeast Ohio assembly plant.
- Brad Keselowski Gives Mustang First NASCAR Nationwide Series Win of 2014
LAS VEGAS — On Saturday, Brad Keselowski took the Ford Mustang to victory lane by winning the Boyd Gaming 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Ford Motor Company Director Emeritus William Clay Ford Dies at Age 88
DEARBORN – William Clay Ford, who helped steer Ford Motor Company into the modern era as an employee, director and influential member of the Ford family, died this morning at his home from pneumonia.
- Weekly Top Stories: 3/7/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for March 1-7, 2014.
- Mexican Engineer Innovates Making Lighter Roof Tops
HERMOSILLO, Mexico - Daily innovations require high-skilled talent willing to Go Further and their efforts can make a big difference. This was the case of René Magadan, a Mexican engineer who participated in the concept behind the “Single Sided Laser Joining,” a laser that allows vehicle roof tops to melt in a single piece, making them lighter and more resistant, ensuring they meet all law requirements.
- Ford to Move Production of 2016 F-650/F-750 from Mexico to Ohio Assembly Plant in Early 2015
AVON LAKE, Ohio – Ford today announced production of its all-new 2016 F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks will shift from Mexico to Ohio Assembly Plant starting early next year, with the trucks on sale in spring 2015.
- Thank You Ford Edge
OAKVILLE - Recently we received a letter from a Ford Edge customer thanking the Oakville team for building the vehicle that protected him and his family in a car accident. The customer said that he was very impressed and thankful for the attention to safety built into the vehicles produced here in Oakville.
- Ford Celebrates International Women’s Day, Women’s History Month Spotlighting Women Behind All-New Mustang
DEARBORN – When people think Mustang, what often comes to mind are qualities like sportiness and “masculine cool,” right? So it may be a surprise to learn some key players in bringing Mustang to life over the past 50 years have been women.
- FRAP, DCTC Partnership Honored for Community Efforts; Joint Education Program Earns State Excellence Award
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - Skilled Trades Training Coordinator Jerry Devola loves his job, but one of his favorite things about working at Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP) is the opportunity to help local high school students learn the ins-and-outs of his trade.
- Mark Laneve Talks Digital with F.R.E.E.
DETROIT - Risk takers, leaders, innovators - you can find them all at Ford Motor Company.
- New 2015 Ford F-Series Super Duty Will Deliver Best-in-Class Horsepower, Torque and Towing Capacity
DEARBORN - Ford F-Series Super Duty reinforces its leadership in the heavy-duty pickup truck market with engine and chassis upgrades for 2015 that together deliver best-in-class horsepower, torque and towing capacity.
- Mexico Introduces a Guaranteed Service Experience
MEXICO CITY - Although Ford of Mexico began this year’s operations with positive figures in the national automotive industry, the brand faces an increasingly competitive market in which consumers request quality products and services that provide confidence. Therefore, starting in 2014, Ford of Mexico proudly launched its new Guarantee Coverage program designed especially for auto parts installed by Ford Service centers.
- Texas State Photographer Helps Ford, King Ranch Celebrate Successful 15-Year Partnership
HOUSTON – The introduction of the new Ford F-150, F-Series Super Duty and Expedition King Ranch® models celebrates an association with the iconic Texas ranch that spans 15 years. To mark the 15th anniversary of the relationship, a special photo shoot at the King Ranch was undertaken by Texas State Photographer Wyman Meinzer.
- All-New Ford F-650/F-750 Anchors America’s Broadest, Best-Selling Lineup of Commercial Trucks
INDIANAPOLIS – Ford, America’s truck leader, today sets a new standard in medium-duty commercial work trucks with the all-new Ford F-650/F-750 – the toughest, great value and work-ready Ford medium-duty trucks ever.
- February U.S. Sales Drop
DEARBORN - F-Series hit a high note in February, marking the best February U.S. sales since 2006.