- Taking the ‘Pedi to the Metal’ – OPI Unveils Ford Mustang Nail Lacquer Collection
NEW YORK – OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores in July.
- Weekly Top Stories: 4/17/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for April 12 - 17, 2014.
- Celebrating 50 Years of Mustang – A Message from Bill Ford
DEARBORN - Fifty years after the introduction of the Ford Mustang at the World’s Fair, today the company will celebrate the milestone with events happening around the globe.
- Time Lapse Video: Reconstructing the 1964 Empire State Building Event
NEW YORK - To reenact a publicity feat conducted nearly 50 years ago when the first Mustang convertible was unveiled, Ford once again took to getting an all-new Mustang convertible atop the Empire State Building.
- Ford Mustang 50 years: Complete Coverage
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang will become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. In its first 49 years, Mustang has gained a worldwide base of avid fans, including more than 5 million see articles and videos about the Ford Mustang and celebration of 50 years of continuous production.
- Unleashing Passion and Creativity – Ford Launches Global Fashion Collaboration Marking Mustang’s 50th
NEW YORK – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Mustang Memories Countdown: Recap
DEARBORN - As we get closer to the 50 years celebration of Ford Mustang, @Ford had the opportunity to sit down and chat with employees, club members and retirees about their memories around the iconic pony car.
- Fields Goes ‘Back to the Future’
NEW YORK - Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields opened the New York International Auto Show Wednesday with a "Back to the Future" themed keynote speech highlighting the tremendous benefits of innovation over the years. Read his remarks to learn which new technologies are on the horizon for Ford.
- Mustang Reenacts Empire State Building Feat
NEW YORK - The celebration of 50 years of the Ford Mustang continues atop the Empire State Building where an all-new Mustang has been placed on the 86th floor observatory – the second time in history a car has topped the building. The only other car display on the Empire State Building observation happened in 1965 with a Mustang convertible. Getting the vehicle up to the display space proved to be just as challenging 50 years later considering helicopter and crane delivery could not be used in either instance. The photo gallery below details the dramatic unveiling of the Mustang convertible 86 stories up. Visitors to the Empire State Building observation deck can see the new Mustang convertible from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., April 16-17.
- Free The Children’s Spencer West Visits Ford of Canada’s Canadian Headquarters
OAKVILLE - Spencer West - double amputee, Me to We motivational speaker, author, and Free The Children Ambassador - has set his sights high again this summer. On April 10, he embarked on a cross-Canada We Create Change tour, a road trip for inspiring community action and global change.
- Ford Pays Homage to Five Decades of the World’s Favorite Pony Car with Limited-Production 50 Year Edition Mustang
NEW YORK – Fifty years after debuting one of the world’s most popular cars, Ford is marking the milestone by revealing a Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition. Created to honor five decades of Mustang heritage, only 1,964 examples of the 50 Year Limited Edition will ever be built when it goes on sale this fall.
- Zipcar and Ford Motor Company Launch Communities with Drive Program
BOSTON – Zipcar, Inc. today announced the launch of the “Communities with Drive” program, sponsored by Zipcar and Ford Motor Company. Communities with Drive is a national contest to seek, profile and reward organizations that are having a profound impact on the communities in which they operate.
- Mustang Road Trip: Dearborn to New York
DEARBORN - On Monday, April 14, 2014, Moray Callum vice president, Design, and Chris Svensson, Design director, The Americas, left the Dearborn Inn to head to New York in their ’65 and ’67 Mustangs, driving the same route that media drove 50 years ago.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Overview
DEARBORN - Chief Nameplate Engineer Dave Pericak gives employees an overview of the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Pothole’s Uncovered: Avoidance, Mitigation and Damage Detection
DEARBORN - For many of us, daily driving has become a veritable obstacle course due to the unusual number of potholes on the road. There are people at Ford who spend a great deal of time testing our vehicles to make them as robust as possible against pothole damage.
- Mitigating Pothole Damage is Priority for Ford
DEARBORN - Years before a vehicle ever appears on the road, Ford begins working on how to make it robust against potholes.
- How to Prevent, Spot and Address Pothole Damage
DEARBORN - Now that the harsh winter weather is behind us – let’s keep our fingers crossed – it’s the perfect time to assess your vehicle for pothole damage.
- Displaying a 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible 1,000 Feet Above Manhattan – Some Assembly Required
DEARBORN, Mich.– As the world honors 50 years of Ford Mustang, what better way to celebrate one of the most iconic car brands than putting one back on top of one of the most iconic buildings? When Ford and the Empire State Building decided to display a new 2015 Mustang convertible on the 86th floor observation deck, Ford turned to a longtime supplier for the unique expertise required to make this happen.
- Ford of Canada Celebrates the Mustang's 50th Anniversary
TORONTO, Can. - Ford of Canada and members of the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association and GTA Mustang Club took an aerial shot of 25 classic Mustangs forming a ’50’ at Ontario Place in Toronto.
- Weekly Top Stories: 4/11/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for April 5 - 11, 2014.
- Ford COO Mark Fields Leads This Year’s United Way for Southeastern Michigan Community Giving Campaign to Exceed $40 Million Goal – Largest Increase in 17 Years
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields, who also serves as United Way for Southeastern Michigan campaign chair, and United Way for Southeastern Michigan President and CEO Michael J. Brennan announced today that more than $40 million was raised in the 2013-2014 campaign to benefit the greater Detroit communities the nonprofit organization supports.
- Ford Transit Skyliner Concept is a Private Jet on Wheels
VAN NUYS, Calif. - The future of ultra-premium land transportation is here, and it comes with a spacious interior that morphs to support an immersive entertainment experience or a business meeting with the swipe of a smartphone.
- Ford Mustang Fans Everywhere Are Invited to Sign a Card for Their Favorite Car's Birthday and Help Set a World Record
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang is turning 50 next week and fans everywhere are invited to sign an electronic birthday card. Everyone who wants to help commemorate 50 years of Mustang can customize and add their own birthday message for their favorite car here.
- Ford, United Way: Partnership Provides Vital Assistance Throughout Southeast Michigan
DEARBORN - Both Ford and the United Way for Southeastern Michigan have worked to aid and improve communities within the greater Detroit area for decades. But what exactly does the organization do and what role does Ford play? To answer these questions, @Ford recently participated in a tour of several facilities aided by United Way efforts.
- As 50 Years of Mustang Approaches, Ford and Mustang Club of America Prepare for Largest Celebrations Ever
CONCORD, N.C./LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company and Mustang Club of America are putting final preparations in place for what are expected to be the largest multiday Mustang celebrations in history. The excitement begins April 16.