- Soggy Lawn Sprouts Idea that Blossoms in Ford HBCU Community Challenge
Bradley Gilbeaux was at home one day, watching his lawn get drenched by a heavy thunderstorm just as his sprinkler system switched on. He thought the situation should be avoidable, and shared his observation with friend Damon Willis, a fellow student.
- Weekly Top Stories: 2/5/16
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for February 1 - 5, 2016.
- Go Further: Ford Employee, Blue Oval Venture Nearly 19,000 Feet Up Mount Everest
Standing at 18,514 feet above sea level, Ford employee Robert Brosko, 60, and his wife Lynn, 59, looked down on the world from the Kala Patthar ridge overlooking Mount Everest’s base camp.
Brosko, manager, Global Maintenance, had been carrying a flag with the iconic Ford logo and a few “Go Further” signs with him for weeks, waiting for the perfect time – and extreme height – to snap a photo.
- Media's First-Drive Reviews of New Focus RS: They Like It
Members of the automotive media recently had the opportunity to drive the all-new Focus RS, which recently rolled off the assembly line in Germany and is bound for the United States this spring.
What did they think? Judging from what we've read so far, they are quite pleased.
- Behind the Numbers with Erich Merkle: January, 2016
Okay, Ford’s U.S. sales were down 3 percent in January versus the same time last year. That’s the headline, but to understand the number we need to dig a little deeper.
- Raptor Prepares for Grueling Off-Road Racing Series
There’s a roar in the desert – spitting sand and kicking up rocks. It’s the sound of the all-new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor, running in the 2016 Best in the Desert off-road racing series’ new factory stock class.
- Ford Sales Led By Record January for Edge and F-Series
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. celebrated the first month of 2016 with sales increasing 14 per cent, led by record January sales of the Canadian-built Ford Edge, up 52 per cent, and Ford F-Series, Canada’s top-selling pickup for 50 consecutive years, up 13 per cent.
- Ford Brand SUVs Post Strongest Start since 2004; Ford Vans Have Best Start in 31 Years, Thanks to New Transit
Coming off strong results last January, Ford Motor Company’s total U.S. sales of 173,723 vehicles declined 3 percent last month versus a year ago.
- Ford Shelby GT350R-C Wins SportsCar Challenge Race at Daytona
Billy Johnson and Scott Maxwell drove the Ford Shelby GT350R-C to its first win at Daytona International Speedway on Friday in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge race.
- Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Perseveres at Rolex 24 At Daytona
The well-known racing adage “there’s no replacement for race conditions” proved true for the two-car Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT team, who debuted the No. 66 and No. 67 at the Rolex 24 At Daytona after extensive preparation and testing.
- Weekly Top Stories: 1/29/16
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for January 25 - 29, 2016.
- Ford GT Qualifies for Rolex 24
No. 66 Ford GT (Joey Hand, Dirk Müller, Sébastien Bourdais)
JOEY HAND: “The conditions were treacherous. I’m actually surprised we were qualifying in those conditions. You couldn’t even get through the Bus Stop. The Bus Stop is usually third or fourth gear, and this was first gear.
- 2016 IMSA TV Schedule Announced; Rolex 24 Kicks Off Season
More than 100 hours of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge action will air on FOX Sports television platforms in 2016, including FS1 coverage of every race and a FOX network telecast.
- Fields Highlights Ford’s Expanding Business Model and Updates to One Ford Plan at Global Town Hall
After reporting on a “breakthrough” 2015 and a record company full-year pre-tax profit of $10.8 billion at today’s Global Town Hall, Ford President and CEO Mark Fields provided updates on the company’s strategic vision.
- TPP Criticisms Renew as Signing Set to Take Place
The 12 nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) are expected to officially sign the trade deal on Feb. 4. The next step is for each country’s legislature to approve it. In Washington, lawmakers are saying not so fast.
- One Ford Card
We are making additions to our One Ford
plan and card to reflect our vision of being both an auto and a mobility
- Get The @FordNews App
We are excited to continue offering a
news app that allows you to receive timely information on your smart devices.
- Ford Delivers 2015 Full Year Pre-Tax Profit of $10.8B
Today, Ford Motor Company reported its
2015 full year and fourth quarter financial results. For the full- year 2015,
the company reported a record pre-tax profit, excluding special
items of $10.8 billion, up $3.5 billion from 2014 results.
- VIDEO: Ken Block Chats About Focus RS, World Rallycross and More
Head Hoonigan in Charge Ken Block sat down with Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance, to talk about the Ford Focus RS media drives in Europe, the excitement around the hot hatch’s “Drift Mode,” World Rallycross and the recent addition of Adreas Bakkerud to the Hoonigan team.
- Ford Gives Real-World Truck Customers Insider Access to All-New F-Series Super Duty Testing
No actors, no stunts. Five real-world heavy-duty truck customers have an all-access insider pass to see how the all-new Super Duty – the toughest, smartest, most capable Super Duty ever – lives up to its Built Ford Tough promise.
- UAW-Ford Employees Serve as Brand Ambassadors at NAIAS
Who better to tell a vehicle’s story than those who built it?
- Share Employee Pricing on Ford and Lincoln Products with Friends and Family through Limited-Time A/Z-Plan Conquest PIN Program
To help celebrate another great year at Ford, U.S. employees and retirees will be given one additional A/Z PIN for use between Jan. 8 and Feb. 29, 2016, to share with extended family, friends, or neighbors.
- Ford Ohio Assembly Plant Adds All-New Ford F-Series Super Duty Chassis Cab to Truck Lineup
Ford today announced that its Ohio Assembly Plant will support additional production of the all-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty chassis cab, part of the toughest, smartest and most capable Super Duty truck lineup ever.
- Ford Explorer Makes Dramatic Return to TV on 'The X-Files'
Ford Explorer fans should be on the lookout for more than a UFO sighting when the acclaimed pop culture phenomenon “The X-Files” returns to television Sunday. A Ford Explorer Platinum will carry FBI Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) throughout the highly anticipated six-episode series.
- Weekly Top Stories: 1/22/16
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for January 18 - 22, 2016.