- Ford Using Computer Printed Parts to Accelerate Product Development – Both On the Track and Off
When Ford’s EcoBoost-powered race car hits the track at the Belle Isle Grand Prix this weekend it will be using engine parts made by a computer printer.
- Ford Honors Top Global Suppliers at 17th Annual World Excellence Award
Ford is honoring its top performing global suppliers during the 17th annual World Excellence Awards. Fifty-two awards are being presented to suppliers who exceed company expectations and distinguish themselves from their peers by achieving the highest levels of global excellence in ten categories.
- 2015 Ford Edge Earns Top Government Safety Award
The 2015 Ford Edge achieved a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in its New Car Assessment Program – the highest possible rating from the U.S. government.
- Donna Inch Recognized as Outstanding Female Leader
Donna Inch, chairman and CEO, Ford Land, was recognized recently as an outstanding female leader by the Michigan Women’s Foundation (MWF) at the organization’s 25th Annual Southeast Michigan Women of Achievement and Courage Awards dinner.
- Biffle's Season-Best Finish Highlights Fusion's Effort in Charlotte
Carl Edwards outlasted Greg Biffle and Dale Earnhardt Jr. on fuel to win Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Those three drivers all came down pit road with 62 laps remaining and with Martin Truex Jr. dominating most of the event, their only chance to win was to hope for a green flag run the rest of the way and to conserve enough fuel to make it to the finish. It worked.
- A First for Ford Motor Company
Protecting the environment is everyone’s job. That is the environmental policy statement at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), and the team at MAP practices what they preach every day.
- Weekly Top Stories: 5/22/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for May 18 - 22, 2015.
- Dave Schoch Hosts Media Roundtable, Talks About Growth in Asia Pacific
Within the next five to ten years, 60 percent of Ford Motor Company’s growth is expected to be in Asia Pacific, according to Dave Schoch, president, Asia Pacific, who hosted a roundtable discussion Thursday at World Headquarters to update news reporters on Ford’s progress in the region.
- DTP Goes Hollywood
Lights, camera, action! A little bit of Hollywood visited Dearborn Truck Plant. To most people, what happens inside this plant is already magic on the scale of the latest special-effects-driven Tinseltown film. A crew from the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles wanted to bring some of that magic to light and find out more about the Ford assembly process for a new display being built at the museum.
- Ford F-150 Named Top-Selling Vehicle Across All Branches of the Military by USAA
Ford F-150 is the top-selling vehicle for members of the United States military – across all branches – according to an analysis of former and active-duty military personnel using United Services Automobile Association’s car buying service. This is the latest in a series of achievements for the toughest, smartest, most capable and efficient F-150 ever.
- GenNext Oakville Honours Top 20 Under 40
GenNext Oakville, a committee of United Way Oakville (UWO), held their annual awards ceremony during National Volunteer Week to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of local volunteers under the age of 40. Drawing in a crowd of more than 200, the group recognized 20 outstanding applicants and fundraised close to $13,000 for UWO.
- Ford Goes Further at Montreal and National We Day
We Day brings together world-renowned speakers and performers with tens of thousands of youth to kick-start a year of action through We Act.
- Driving Innovation with Ford of Canada at the Vancouver International Auto Show
The future of auto manufacturing was a hot topic at the Vancouver International Auto Show (VIAS). What’s next? What can people expect to find at their local dealerships next year, or in the distant future? Well for one, Ford revealed that driverless vehicles are already on the horizon. Ford even has test vehicles for such concept cars on the road right now! Under the supervision of a human driver, the vehicle is capable of automated operation, drawing on four scanning LiDAR sensors and an omnidirectional camera.
- All-New Pro Trailer Backup Assist for 2016 Ford F-150 Makes Backing Up and Parking a Trailer Easier Than Ever
Ford, America’s truck leader, pioneers towing innovation again by introducing Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ for the 2016 Ford F-150 – a segment-first technology that makes the challenge of backing up a trailer easier than ever for both experts and infrequent towers alike.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Russia Launch Team
The Ford Russia Launch Team is a diverse team formed with the primary objective of the development of the engine calibration for the EcoSport 2.0-liter AWD for the Russian market.
- Two Winners. Four Days. Six Legendary Roads. Ford Mustang. The Ford Credit Dream Drive Sweepstakes Is On
The ultimate road trip behind the wheel of a 2015 Ford Mustang will be a dream come true for two lucky winners and their guests in the Ford Credit Dream Drive Sweepstakes. Winners will choose a route from among six legendary North American roads and then drive it using a 2015 Mustang provided for the trip.
- Ford Warriors in Pink Launches Initiative to Help Bring More Good Days to Those Living with Breast Cancer – Partners with Meal Train and Lyft
Ford Motor Company, through its Warriors in Pink® campaign, today launches The Good Day Project – a powerful call to action to bring more good days to those living with breast cancer.
- Rezzetano Takes Mustang BOSS 302 To Victory Lane At Motorsport
Kurt Rezzetano, of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, held off pole sitter Max Riddle and Jack Baldwin in his No. 37 Calvert Dynamics/Phoenix Performance Ford Mustang Boss 302 to score his first career GTS win.
- Biffle Advances to Sprint All-Star Race After Winning First Segment of Showdown Qualifier at Charlotte Motor Speedway
GREG BIFFLE – No. 16 Ortho Ford Fusion – POST-RACE GARAGE INTERVIEW – “I’m really excited. We’ve worked really hard and we had good track position. We qualified well. It seems like we’re getting our cars a little bit better. We know we still have work to do, but when it got out in clean air it was pretty fast and we were able to hold off Clint and have a pretty good lead. I definitely didn’t want to see a caution flag. I wasn’t ready for a restart and mix it up again, but we’re pretty happy with the car.”
- Ford Explorer Marks 25 Years of Innovation with More Technology, New Engine, New Platinum Series
Building on 25 years of innovation and sales leadership, a new Ford Explorer is on its way with even more smart technology, a new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and a new Platinum series. The new Ford Explorer arrives early this summer.
- Ford Fiesta Named to KBB.Com's 2015 List of 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000
For the second straight year, Ford Fiesta has been named to kbb.com’s list of its 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000.
- Your Vehicle's Unspoken Language: Ford's Vehicle Harmony Group Creates Chimes That Communicate Intuitively
Your vehicle is speaking to you. Are you listening? The group at Ford Motor Company charged with ensuring vehicle harmony is working to make sure the messages are getting through to you – even if you don’t realize it.
- Where in the World is the Blue Oval? Snap a Photo and Share!
It is no surprise that the Blue Oval seems like it’s everywhere. And with that in mind, we want to see all the places it turns up – near and far. We have just launched our latest Ford employee call to action: Where in the World is the Blue Oval?
- Weekly Top Stories: 5/15/15
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for May 11 - 15, 2015
- New Trend Video Series: Escape Artist
Today on @Ford Online we continue our monthly trend series featuring Sheryl Connelly, manager, Global Trends and Futuring. These monthly videos are designed to provide a snapshot of the ten trends featured in the 2015 “Looking Forward with Ford” trends book.