- VIDEO: Detroit Hometown Heroes Vie For NASCAR Championship
The 2014 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship has entered the Eliminator Round of 8, with three entries fielded by Ford Racing. State of Michigan and Detroit connections include Rochester Hills native Brad Keselowski (driver, No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion), car owner Roger Penske and car owner Jack Roush.
- Weekly Top Stories: 10/24/14
DEARBORN, - Weekly Top Stories for October 20 - 24, 2014
- Ford Credit Earns Third Quarter 2014 Pre-Tax Profit of $498 Million; Net Income of $718 Million*
Ford Motor Credit Company reported a pre-tax profit of $498 million in the third quarter of 2014, compared with $427 million a year earlier. The higher pre-tax profit was more than explained by higher volume, reflecting increases in nearly all financing products, including non-consumer and consumer finance receivables globally, as well as leasing in North America.
- Ford Posts Third Quarter 2014 Pre-Tax Profit of $1.2 Billion
Ford Motor Company [NYSE: F] today reported a 2014 third quarter pre-tax profit of $1.2 billion, its 21st consecutive profitable quarter.
- Building a Career Through Change and Teamwork
In the latest FoM WoMen forum, employees of Ford of Mexico had the opportunity to talk with Mary Anderson, director, HR Strategy and Organization Development, Ford North America.
- Ford Shuttle Service Upgrades Fleet, Saves Money
A transformation is taking place across the Ford Dearborn campus that aims to save the company thousands of dollars each year.
- Stampede of Customized 2015 Ford Mustangs to Debut at 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas
Ford Motor Company is bringing performance to the halls of the 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association show, performance that can be summed up in one name – Mustang.
- New Ford Technology May Help Drivers Avoid Frontal Crashes
Ford Motor Company is rolling out a new driver-assist system that can reduce the severity of or even eliminate some frontal collisions involving vehicles and pedestrians.
- Hau Thai-Tang Q&A
@Ford Online recently sat down with Ford Group Vice President, Global Purchasing, Hau Thai-Tang
- Motor City Dragons Joins Forces for Breast Cancer Awareness
In November, Motor City Dragons (MCD) will celebrate its second anniversary as an advocate for breast cancer awareness. MCD is a dragon boat team within Ford Employee Recreation Association’s (FERA) Ford Canoe & Kayak Club. The team, spearheaded by Ford’s Csilla Gutay, is comprised of breast cancer survivors and co-ed supporters. Gutay was inspired to form the team when her best friend was diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer around Labor Day 2012 and read about the benefits of dragon boat racing on the Mayo Clinic site.
- ‘Drunk Suit’ Shows Dangers of Driving Under the Influence to Teens Across the Country
The Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program educates teen drivers on the various hazards of operating a vehicle while distracted or impaired, but this year’s program has amped up the learning experience with the use of a new wearable technology: the impairment simulator suit.
- VIDEO: Comrie-Picard Gives a Tour of His Team O'Neil Fiesta ST Rally Car
2014 Rally America Two-Wheel Drive Champion Andrew Comrie-Picard shows off his Ford Fiesta ST Rally car at Team O'Neil Rally School.
- Emerging Market Services Develops Interactive Service Parts and Inventory Training Program
DEARBORN - In the same way gamers use SimCity to try their hand at urban planning, some Ford employees are using a virtual reality program to learn how they can help dealers around the world ensure they have the right part, on time, every time.
- EMS Launches Global Quick Lane and Quick Parts Campaigns
When it comes to their automobiles, customers want fast, convenient service and easily accessible spare parts. And Ford is focused on ensuring they know that’s what they’ll get at Quick Lane and Quick Parts facilities.
- Ford Announces Actions with Respect to Its $882 Million of 4.25% Senior Convertible Notes Due 2016
Ford Motor Company [NYSE: F] has elected to exercise its right to terminate the conversion rights with respect to its 4.25% Senior Convertible Notes due Nov. 15, 2016 (the “Notes”), effective Nov. 20, 2014 (the “Conversion Rights Termination Date”), in accordance with the terms of the Notes.
- Ford and Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos Celebrate 50 Years of Mustang and the Future of Music in America
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mustang and its influence on popular culture, Ford Motor Company and Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos have teamed up through the ICON50 program to name 10 up-and-coming artists who are breaking new ground and setting the stage for the future in the music industry.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Experts Offer Safety Tips for Teen Drivers
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle crashes are the number one killer of 14- to 18-year-olds in the United States. As an initiative to encourage parents to speak to their teen drivers about the dangers of driving, the federal government sponsors National Teen Driver Safety Week during the third week of October.
- Keselowski's Dramatic Win Puts Three Fusions in Eliminator Round
Brad Keselowski pulled off the victory in a must-win situation to advance the No. 2 Fusion to the Eliminator Round, holding off the field to win at Talladega Sunday evening. The win is the sixth of the season for Keselowski, but easily his most clutch of the season.
- Weekly Top Stories: 10/17/14
DEARBORN - Weekly Top Stories for October 13 - 17, 2014
- Ford, Tweddle Launch New Interactive Mustang App
Ford and Tweddle have launched a new full-featured interactive smartphone application for owners and enthusiasts of the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Ford Motor Company Hands Out Pranks this Halloween
Watch at your own risk...
- Ford of Canada Brings Local Schools to Driving Skills for Life
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. hosted a Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) event for local high schools, as well as Ford of Canada employees and their teens, at the Powerade Centre in Brampton, Ontario.
- Bongiovanni Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Wins ‘Best Engineered’ Award
Ford Racing introduced the Mustang Cobra Jet with Ford’s winning tradition foremost in mind. A few years later, “CJ’s” are feared everywhere and the success on the drag strip has given sportsman the chance celebrate.
- All-New Ford F-150 BoxLink, LED Box Lights and Remote Tailgate Release Revolutionize Truck Bed Cargo Management
Now, Ford is revolutionizing the management and stowage of cargo inside the pickup truck box with its patented BoxLink™ system debuting on the all-new Ford F-150. Along with LED box lights, a power locking and remote tailgate release, and segment-first cargo ramps, the 2015 F-150 is better equipped to help manage loads more efficiently.
- Ford in History: October Milestones
The month of October holds many milestones of historical significance for Ford. From introducing the first Model T to jump starting the process that changed manufacturing forever, the moving assembly line, October has earned itself some notoriety for Ford team members.