- Ford of Spain Stages Charity Endurance Race
MADRID, Spain - Ford of Spain’s annual 24 Hours endurance race celebrated its 10th anniversary this year. Ten charitable organisations took part, competing for a share of €144,000 prize money.
- Ford EcoBoost Engines Win Top Award from Car Dealer
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford’s acclaimed EcoBoost engine technology has picked up a top honour at the annual Car Dealer Power awards. The three-strong range of economical petrol powerplants was voted “Manufacturer Initiative of the Year” by Car Dealer readers.
- Fiesta RS WRCs Seek Sardinian Success
BRENTWOOD, England - The 2013 FIA World Rally Championship resumes on the sun-kissed island of Sardinia this weekend with eight Ford Fiesta RS WRCs taking part.
- Speedy Snaps Up 400 Ford Commercial Vehicles
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford is supplying 400 new commercial vehicles to Speedy, the UK’s leading provider of equipment rental and support services. This latest Ford order is worth in excess of £8.6 million and marks an 18-year association between the companies.
- Ford of Europe Increases Market Share in May; Retail Sales, Commercial Vehicles Boost Overall Sales
COLOGNE, Germany – Strong demand for newly launched products helped Ford of Europe to grow market share again in May.
- Ford “MAX” Models Attract TV, Screen and Sports Stars
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford fans from TV, film and sport wheeled out their award-winning “MAX” models to mark the cars’ UK sales success.
- Ford Fiesta R5 Breaks Cover
COCKERMOUTH, England – Ford Fiesta R5 rally car was given its first public outing at a drive day at the company’s Cumbrian headquarters in England this week.
- Kids Win as Ford Supports Mini Champions League
BANJA LUKA, Bosnia and Herzegovina – More than 500 soccer-mad girls and boys took part in a Ford-sponsored Mini Champions League tournament in Bosnia recently.
- Ford of Germany’s Sales Strategy is Paying Off
COLOGNE, Germany - New, innovative products and a stronger focus on the retail business helped Ford of Germany keep car sales stable at 19,559 units in May 2013 compared to prior year (19,746), despite a declining industry.
- Ford in the Press – Week 22
B-MAX’s superb sales results, 1.0-litre EcoBoost winning International Engine of The Year 2013, Fiesta ST’s class-leading driving dynamics, and an increase in Kuga production are just some of the big Ford stories featured in this week’s European media…
- Ford Focus Electric Production Begins in Europe
SAARLOUIS, Germany – Ford Motor Company today began a new chapter in its vehicle manufacturing history with the start of production of the all-new Focus Electric – the first full-electric vehicle to be built by Ford in Europe – in Saarlouis, Germany.
- Henry Ford Anniversary Tour Takes a Trip Through Industrial Rhineland
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford of Germany employees are embarking on a seven day road trip this month to commemorate the150th anniversary of the birth of Henry Ford.
- Victory for Tanner Foust in Finland
KOUVOLA, Finland - Tanner Foust earned another European Rallyross Championship win this weekend in Finland, to make it two victories in two championship starts this year.
- Ford Colleagues Go Further For Flood Relief
SZENTENDRE, Hungary - More than 60 staff at Ford’s EDM and Hungarian regional headquarters in Szentendre, Hungary, have been working around the clock to tackle flood risks posed by a severely swollen River Danube.
- Getting to Know Ford Kuga
MADRID/VALENCIA, Spain – An employee Kuga Day was staged at Ford’s Madrid central office and the Almussafes plan in Valencia in Spain last month, coinciding Ford’s Kuga promotion at the UEFA Champions League Final in London.
- Ford Model T Leads Henry Ford Celebrations
COLOLGNE, Germany –Fifty five km/h feels very fast when the engine noise is deafening, the car’s body is vibrating violently and cutting wind brings tears to your eyes.
- Cammish Closes In On Formula Ford Record
BRENTWOOD, England - Dan Cammish edged ever closer to the Formula Ford record for consecutive race victories with two wins at Oulton Park over the weekend.
- Ford Stamps its Mark on Norwegian Postal History
OSLO, Norway – Ford has made history by featuring on a Norwegian postal stamp for the very first time.
- Bernhard Mattes is the new president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Germany
COLOGNE, Germany - Bernhard Mattes was today elected President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Germany, at the organisation’s annual general meeting in Munich.
- UK Market Leader Ford Boost Retails Sales and Share in May
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford’s UK market leadership extended in May thanks to a marked increase in retail car sales and share for the month and for the year to date.
- C-MAX, Fiesta and Focus Reign in Spain
MADRID, Spain – Ford has swept the board in Spanish magazine Coche’s top picks of cars on sale in 2013, with C-MAX, Fiesta and Focus all being acclaimed best in segment.
- Go Further: Warley Ladies ‘Walk the Walk,’ Raise a Huge Total for Breast Cancer Awareness
On Thursday, 9 May, a group of women took over Warley to raise money for breast cancer awareness.
- Ford in the Press – Week 21
Ford Transit Custom, Fiesta 1.0-litre EcoBoost and Fiesta ST all feature prominently in European media this week…
- Twenty Countries Attend European Product Knowledge Workshop
COLOGNE, Germany - A two-day European Product Knowledge Workshop was staged late last month in Cologne by Ford of Europe Communications.
- Ford 1.0-Litre EcoBoost Wins International Engine of the Year for Second Year
STUTTGART, Germany – Ford Motor Company’s ultra-fuel efficient and spirited 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine today was named 2013 International Engine of the Year, marking the second straight year Ford’s acclaimed three-cylinder engine has captured the award.
- Fiesta ST Stars in French Drive Event
LOHEAC, France - Ford France recently staged a 3-day Fiesta ST driving event at the Loheac rally-cross track.
- Fiesta RS WRC Third in Greece
ATHENS, Greece - Qatar World Rally Team’s Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul delivered their second podium of the year on the gruelling Acropolis Rally of Greece in a Fiesta RS WRC.
- Danish Press Applaud “Five Star” Fiesta
COPENHAGEN, Denmark – Ford Fiesta EcoBoost has beaten all its rivals in a series of comparison tests staged by leading Danish motoring journalists.
- Chairman's Leadership Awards for Diversity, Ford of Europe
Nominations are being accepted for the “Chairman’s Leadership Awards for Diversity 2013” in recognition of achievements June 2012 – June 2013.
- Formula Ford Heads to Oulton Park
BRENTWOOD, England - There will be a fresh look to the grid for this weekend’s Oulton Park rounds of the Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain, with new drivers and a couple of new chassis expected for the fourth instalment of the fastest junior single-seater race series in the UK.