- Go Further: Ford Continues Wave of Nationwide Well Construction in Water-Deprived Cambodian Communities
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia – Ford has announced its second wave of water well construction for high-priority rural communities lacking access to clean water in the Cambodian provinces of Takeo and Kampong Speu. Together Ford and dealer partner, RMA Cambodia, are investing USD12,500 to build a series of 13 new water wells in seven villages across the two southern provinces.
- Indonesian Lifestyle Media Travel Back in Time with the All-New Focus
BANDUNG, Indonesia — Ford Motor Indonesia (FMI) invited leading lifestyle media to travel back in time with the all-new Ford Focus by visiting historic places in Bandung, the capital of West Java.
- Go Further: Ford Australia Provides Support to Red Cross, Aids Tasmania Bush Fire Victims
MELBOURNE, Australia — Ford Australia continues to deliver on the Go Further brand promise by supporting the victims of the bush fires that devastated Tasmanian some three months ago by donating the use of two Territory vehicles to the Red Cross. These vehicles have helped on-the-ground teams provide relief to those affected by the disaster.
- Ford Races to Success Early in the Season
PRETORIA, South Africa — The Ford Racing teams have brought their A game this season with brilliant results continuing to roll in.
- New Kuga impresses South Africa
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa — The exceptional new Ford Kuga made its debut early this month with a media launch and an employee ride-and-drive – and it thoroughly impressed.
- Boosting Automotive Worker Wellness in Nelson Mandela Bay
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa — The Ford Struandale Engine Plant, General Motors South Africa and Volkswagen South Africa are throwing their weight behind a unique programme to boost the wellness of workers within the automotive supply chain of Africa’s largest automotive manufacturing city, Nelson Mandela Bay.
- South Africa’s Toughest Vie for Spot in Ford’s Ranger Odyssey
PRETORIA, South Africa — Hundreds of adventure-hungry South Africans have entered Ford’s Ranger Odyssey Africa 2013 competition: a cross-continent challenge that’ll see the Ranger and its drivers put to the test in Africa’s most extreme terrain. Heat, dust and thousands of kilometres in some of Africa’s most awe-inspiring but technically tough routes await the 10 participants that will be chosen to take part by an independent panel of judges.
- Ford South Africa Shapes Up
PRETORIA, South Africa— Healthy employees are happy employees. Ford Motor Company of South Africa (FMCSA) has started “Healthy Me”, a Ford Lifestyle Program in order to adopt this philosophy.
- Ford out in Force at South Africa’s NAMPO Show
PRETORIA, South Africa — Grain SA’s NAMPO Harvest Day Show, the largest agricultural show in the southern hemisphere, is currently taking place at NAMPO Park in the Free State. The event is the highlight of the year for the agricultural community with over 70 000 visitors having made their way through the grounds last year. The 2013 show, which concludes on 17 May, is likely to attract even more enthusiastic show-goers.
- A Ford Baby Shower
MANILA, Philippines — In celebration of Mother's Day in the Philippines, Ford hosted a special “Ford Baby Shower” workshop for parenting bloggers and expecting mothers that helped to highlight the safety features of the all-new Ford Focus.
- Ford Customer Service Division celebrates their 50th Merit Club Convention in South Africa
PRETORIA, South Africa — Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD), together with the National Dealer Parts and Service Managers, VIP guests and Export Dealers got together at the Wild Coast Sun, KwaZulu Natalfor their annual Beginning of Year Meeting and Merit Club Convention.
- Ford Motor Company of South Africa Director Addresses Graduates On Leadership
PRETORIA, South Africa — Onwell Msomi, named as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Board of Directors of Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) last year, recently hosted a Town Hall session with FMCSA graduate trainees.
- South Africa Media Get a Taste of Tourneo Custom and Transit Custom
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — The launch of the new Tourneo Custom and Transit Custom was a great opportunity for the media to acquaint themselves with the new models from Ford.
- Ford Laying Foundation for More Collaboration between Auto, Mobile Industries
BEIJING — Ford is laying the foundations in a market critical to its further growth and success. And it may not be where you would expect: the developer community.
- Ford Highlights Focus’ Smart Features at Media Refuel Workshop
BANGKOK, Thailand — Buying a new car is a long-term commitment, but it doesn’t always need to be a stressful decision, according to Somboon Saengtipkul, retail marketing manager, Ford Thailand.
- Ford Asia Pacific and China Employees Wowed at Auto Shanghai 2013
SHANGHAI, China — For Sherry Zhang, a manufacturing Business IT strategy analyst who works for Ford in China, the auto show was always considered a marketing or communications event.
- Go Further: Ford Provides Driving Skills for Life Session for Jakarta Police Force
JAKARTA, Indonesia — With Indonesia’s continued rapid rise of new drivers, road safety is increasingly gaining visibility as a serious issue for everyone on the road, including police officers.
- Ford Gives Hands-on Experience to Trainers with the Stunning New Fiesta
BANGKOK, Thailand — Ford’s stylish all-new Ford Fiesta will soon hit the ASEAN markets. Before it arrives in showrooms, product trainers and team members from marketing and sales across the region gathered in Bangkok for a two-day training program to gain knowledge of the new vehicle and sharpen their skills as a trainer.
- Ford to Pioneer Emergency Assistance in India with All-new EcoSport
GOA, India — When it debuts with the all-new EcoSport later this year, Ford’s ‘Emergency Assistance (EA)’— a potentially life-saving system, will be an industry first in India. Ford India will be the first auto manufacturer and EcoSport will be the only vehicle in its segment to offer the service.
- Ford Vietnam Announces Winner of All-New Focus ‘Start it. Share it. Win it.’ Campaign
HANOI, Vietnam — The all-new Focus ‘Start it. Share it. Win it’ campaign concluded last week in Vietnam, with tourism agency owner from Ho Chi Minh City, Duong Minh Quan, taking home the grand prize – an all-new 1.6L Ford Focus.
- EcoSport, EcoBoost Thrill Indian Media and Bloggers
GOA, India — The all-new Ford EcoSport has been making a major splash with Indian media and bloggers, impressed with its handling, the surprising power of the 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine and how FUN it is to drive.
- Ford Awarded Again for Keeping Consumers Connected
BEIJING – Ford’s ground-breaking efforts to keep consumers connected are again winning recognition around the globe.
- Ford China Sales Continue to Climb, Up 37 Percent in April and 49 Percent for the Year
SHANGHAI, China – Ford China sales continued to climb in April, selling 75,331 wholesale vehicles this month, an increase of 37 percent compared to April 2012, bringing year-to-date sales to 261,927 wholesales, up 49 percent from last year.
- Ford Ranger is Tough Enough for Africa. Are You?
PRETORIA, South Africa —Ford South Africa’s much anticipated Ranger Odyssey competition has opened to the public. The Ranger Odyssey will see the Ford Ranger put to the test in Africa’s most extreme terrain, with the winner –selected from members of the public –walking away with one of the participating Rangers.
- Ford on the Podium At Zwartkops
PRETORIA, South Africa — Team Ford Racing continues to make steady progress in the Bridgestone Production Car Championship with Gary Formato taking second place overall in Class T at last weekend’s Zwartkops Raceway Event.
- Ford India Sells More Than 7,270 Cars in April, Opens Two New Sales and Service Outlets
NEW DELHI, India – Ford India sold more than 7,200 vehicles in combined domestic wholesales and exports in April 2013 despite an ongoing slowdown affecting the Indian auto industry.
- Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa Continues to Out-Perform the Industry in April
PRETORIA, South Africa – While the SA car market seemingly rallied during April to show impressive growth, Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) continued to out-perform the industry as it posted more than 5,000 sales yet again this year.
- Chennai Cheers EcoSport Production Milestone
CHENNAI, India — Thousands of employees cheered as Ford in India’s senior leadership unveiled the first all-new Ecosport to roll off the final assembly line at Ford’s Chennai manufacturing plant.
- Ford India Shows Go Further Commitment with New Children’s Library
CHENNAI, India — Ford India has once again demonstrated its commitment to Go Further, joining NGO partner Aid India to inaugurate a children’s library in Keezhakarnai village near its Maraimalai Nagar plant.
- Employee Celebrates 40th Year at Ford Lio Ho
CHUNG-LI, Taiwan — From Cortina to the tantalizing all-new Ford Focus, Samuel Yang, the manager of Body & Exterior Supplier Technical Assistance (STA), China- Ford Asia Pacific, has witnessed the 40-year incredible changes of Ford Lio Ho (FLH), Ford’s local joint venture.