SEOUL – Ford Korea announced record-breaking annual sales, the automaker’s best performance since its market introduction in 1995, with 7,214 Ford and Lincoln vehicles sold in 2013.
The annual sales figure reflects a 40.7 percent increase over 2012 sales (5,126). Additionally, in 2013 the company generated monthly sales records four times – May, July, October and November were all record-setting months for Ford and Lincoln. Lincoln also set a sales record, with 1,589 vehicles sold last year.
Ford set the highest growth rate record (40.7 percent) among the top 10 brands in the import automobile industry. The accelerated sales growth affirms Ford’s position as one of the fastest-growing brands in the Korean import automobile industry, which grew 20 percent with nearly 156,500 vehicles sold in 2013.
Diverse Product Lineup, Expanded Sales and Service Network Contributed to Record 2013
• The Ford Explorer (2,154) and Taurus (1,695) recorded the highest sales volume.
• New models, including the all-new Ford Fusion (718), the all-new Lincoln MKZ (405) and the Ford Focus Diesel (405) also contributed to high sales performance.
• Ford expanded the range of its sales and service network in Korea, opening seven showrooms in 2013, for a total of 27 showrooms and 24 service centers.
• Ford’s best-in-class warranty and continuous development of service programs reinforced its commitment to enhancing customer satisfaction and minimizing the cost of ownership for Korean customers.
Ford and Lincoln Increased Brand Awareness and Credibility in Korea
• Ford debuted its global Warriors in Pink breast cancer campaign in Korea.
• Several art and culture initiatives were presented by Lincoln, including ART by MKZ for MKZ’s launch, monthly culture-driven programs such as Lincoln Jazz Night and the Lincoln Reimagine Project, an art collaboration with visionary artists.
• Popular Ford models Fusion and Taurus along with the Lincoln MKZ appeared in famous television dramas such as “The Goddess of Marriage” and “Incarnation of Money” as product placements.
• Lincoln launched its first TV advertisement campaign in Korea with the MKZ launch.
• Ford conducted its Conservation and Environmental Grants Corporate Social Responsibility program in Korea for the 12th time.
“The fact that we have broken our highest annual sales record while also achieving highest monthly sales records four times in a year, coupled with our ability to maintain steady and steep growth throughout 2013, is a testament of our commitment to providing Korean customers a wider range of choice and enhanced brand interaction,” said Jae Jung, president and CEO of Ford Korea. “With new model launches, enhanced customer service and active marketing activities, Ford Korea’s growth is slated to continue through 2014 in the Korean import car market, which is expected to grow over 10 percent compared with 2013.”
In 2014 Ford Korea plans to introduce the Lincoln MKC, the first small premium utility vehicle from Lincoln, and the all-new Mustang, the iconic pony car. In addition, in 2014 Ford will offer robust performance and great fuel efficiency by expanding its line-up in Korea with EcoBoost technology. Moreover, the company will continue to expand its sales and service network for customer satisfaction starting with a new Incheon showroom and service center scheduled to open in January.