- Ford Sollers Research Reveals Russian Women Feel Increasingly Independent
MOSCOW, Russia – On the eve of the International Women's Day, research carried out by Ford Sollers has revealed that Russian women feel increasingly independent, and appreciate in-car technologies more than men.
- Focus ST Wheels Magazine’s Hot Hatch of the Year
DUBAI, UAE – The Ford Focus ST was recently crowned 2014 Hot Hatch of the Year at Wheels magazine’s Car of the Year awards, beating the VW Golf GTI and the Mercedes A45 AMG.
- Go Further: Powertrain Launch College Hosted at Struandale Engine Plant
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa – Ford Motor Company Asia Pacific rolled out its second Powertrain Launch College at the Struandale Engine Plant in South Africa at the end of February. This forms part of Ford’s continued effort to strengthen the New Model Launch process in all plants.
- All-New Ford Transit and Transit Connect Take Double Win in Gruelling Arctic Van Test
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has achieved a landmark double victory in one of the most gruelling tests of vehicle performance on the planet – the Arctic Van Test.
- “Ford of Europe is on Course to Return to Profitability by 2015” – Stephen Odell
GENEVA , Switzerland – Ford of Europe’s transformation plan is bearing fruit and the company is on course to return to profitability by 2015, Stephen Odell, president of Ford of Europe, Middle East and Africa, confirmed at the Geneva Show.
- Mark Fields Predicts Bright Future for Ford in Europe
GENEVA , Switzerland – Ford Motor Company Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields has urged staff to stay focused as the company edges ever closer to sustainable growth and profitability in Europe.
- Ford to Move Production of 2016 F-650/F-750 from Mexico to Ohio Assembly Plant in Early 2015
AVON LAKE, Ohio – Ford today announced production of its all-new 2016 F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks will shift from Mexico to Ohio Assembly Plant starting early next year, with the trucks on sale in spring 2015.
- Ford Motor Company Announces the Launch of the Ford Transit in Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Ford Motor Company and Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC) this week announced that the locally-assembled Ford Transit commercial van will be available in Ford showrooms throughout Malaysia early next month.
- Ford of Britain Maintain Vigorous Start to 2014 with Boosted Sales, Share and Market Lead
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford is accelerating sales momentum in 2014, with the latest results for February confirming a stretched market lead and increased total vehicle sales and share. This puts Ford in prime position heading into March, when sales increase significantly due to the registration plate change.
- Ford China February Sales Up 67 Percent
SHANGHAI, China - Continued strong demand for the Ford Focus, the best-selling nameplate in China last year, helped Ford China increase sales by 67 percent in February, with 73,040 vehicles sold. Ford China’s sales are up 59 percent so far for the year, with sales of 167,506 vehicles compared to the first two months of 2013.
- Ford Celebrates International Women’s Day, Women’s History Month Spotlighting Women Behind All-New Mustang
DEARBORN – When people think Mustang, what often comes to mind are qualities like sportiness and “masculine cool,” right? So it may be a surprise to learn some key players in bringing Mustang to life over the past 50 years have been women.
- New 2015 Ford F-Series Super Duty Will Deliver Best-in-Class Horsepower, Torque and Towing Capacity
DEARBORN - Ford F-Series Super Duty reinforces its leadership in the heavy-duty pickup truck market with engine and chassis upgrades for 2015 that together deliver best-in-class horsepower, torque and towing capacity.
- Ford Launched the All-New Ford Fiesta Equipped with 1.0L EcoBoost in Taiwan
CHUNG-LI, Taiwan — Ford Lio Ho held a grand launch event to introduce the highly anticipated, all-new Ford Fiesta last week at Taipei New Horizon Building at the Songshan Cultural and Creative Park. More than 800 people, including media, consumers, dealers and fans, packed into the venue to witness how Ford goes further with this new sub-compact car.
- Texas State Photographer Helps Ford, King Ranch Celebrate Successful 15-Year Partnership
HOUSTON – The introduction of the new Ford F-150, F-Series Super Duty and Expedition King Ranch® models celebrates an association with the iconic Texas ranch that spans 15 years. To mark the 15th anniversary of the relationship, a special photo shoot at the King Ranch was undertaken by Texas State Photographer Wyman Meinzer.
- All-New Ford F-650/F-750 Anchors America’s Broadest, Best-Selling Lineup of Commercial Trucks
INDIANAPOLIS – Ford, America’s truck leader, today sets a new standard in medium-duty commercial work trucks with the all-new Ford F-650/F-750 – the toughest, great value and work-ready Ford medium-duty trucks ever.
- Lincoln Sales Momentum Continues
DEARBORN - Lincoln February sales are up 36 percent from this point last year, selling 6,661 vehicles in the year’s shortest month. This also is the fifth straight month of positive sales growth; with four out of five in the double digits.
- Demand for All-Wheel Drive Ford Vehicles Triples as Technology Moves Beyond Big Trucks, SUVs
DEARBORN - Consumers have traditionally associated all-wheel drive with large SUVs and pickup trucks, but a new breed of more efficient and affordable all-wheel- drive systems is showing up in unexpected segments such as midsize sedans, helping fuel demand for vehicles equipped with the technology.
- Ford Mustang’s 50th Anniversary Inspires Limited-Edition OPI Nail Lacquer Collection
LOS ANGELES – OPI Products Inc., a subsidiary of COTY Inc., and Ford Motor Company today announced a unique collaboration featuring the iconic Ford Mustang. The popular pony car – celebrating its 50th anniversary in April – will serve as the inspiration for a line of OPI limited-edition nail lacquers that will launch internationally in July.
- Advanced New Focus Leads Ford’s Geneva Line-up; New Mustang, New Edge Concept Make Debuts
GENEVA, Switzerland – Ford Motor Company today delivers European auto show debuts for new vehicles that highlight the progress already achieved in the company’s product-led transformation.
- February 2014 NAAMSA Retail Sales
PRETORIA, South Africa – Ford continues to out-perform the South African new vehicle market thanks to continued strong performances from its entire model range. The sustained demand for blue oval products – Ford sales were up 39.3% last year – has not only been recognised by motorists on Ford showroom floors, but also independently by leading South African media.
- Ford F-Series Has Best February in Eight Years; Lincoln Sales Increase 36 Percent
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company U.S. total sales of 183,947 vehicles in February are down 6 percent from a year ago. Retail sales of 125,919 vehicles are off 4 percent. Ford F-Series and Lincoln brand vehicles posted strong gains.
- Executive Q&A with The Lincoln Motor Company
DEARBORN - @Ford had the opportunity to discuss what’s on the horizon for Lincoln this year – including a full year of Lincoln MKZ sales, the launch of Lincoln MKC and entering the China market.
- DIA Winner: PD Finance Process Team Leads the Way in Global Process Improvement, Team Support
DEARBORN - The Global Product Development (PD) Finance Process group, recently honored with a Diversity and Inclusion Award, was created in 2012 to support strategic PD objectives and ongoing process improvements. The team is led by Ines Sabet and team members are located in both the U.S. and India. The U.S. PD Finance Process Teamoverall team objective is to ensure consistent financial reporting to drive financial health for all vehicle and powertrain programs globally though effective process and system deployment.
- Ford India’s February Sales Numbers Go Above and Beyond
NEW DELHI, India — Ford India continued its 2014 momentum in February, selling 12,253 vehicles in combined domestic wholesales and exports, up 69 percent from 7,253 vehicles in the same period last year. Domestic sales in February was a strong factor in this overall success, growing 51 percent with 6,799 units from 4,490 units a year earlier.
- Olympic Connections: Ford Team Member Shares Sochi Experience
DEARBORN - “We were all so overjoyed and proud – my wife teared up a bit,” said Perry Fowler, manager, Business Development, upon learning in early January his son Cam had earned a spot on the U.S. men’s Olympic hockey team.