- New Ka Wins Car and Driver’s “10 Best” Award as Brazil’s Top Hatch
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford received yet another award for the New Ka, which was elected Brazil’s top hatch in Car and Driver’s 10Best 2015 awards.
- Ford Begins Hybrid Vehicle Production in Europe, First Mondeo Hybrids Roll off Assembly Line
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has started production of the all-new Ford Mondeo Hybrid – the first hybrid electric car built and sold by Ford in Europe. The Mondeo Hybrid combines a specially-developed 2.0-litre petrol engine with an electric motor and 1.4 kWh lithium-ion battery for 4.2 l/100 km fuel economy and 99 g/km CO2 emissions.*
- Ford Lio Ho Celebrates 42nd Anniversary with a Family and Social Caring Day
CHUNG-LI, Taiwan — On Nov. 22, Ford Lio Ho (FLH) celebrated its 42nd anniversary at Leofoo Village Theme Park, the first fantasy world in Asia that combines both amusement park and Safari. More than 2,500 employees, their families and community members from four social welfare groups attended the FLH anniversary festivities.
- Ford Plans to Build the World’s Most Advanced Environmental Test Facility in Germany
Germany will soon be home to some of the hottest and coldest temperatures, most arid and humid conditions, hurricane force wind speeds, and highest altitudes to be found anywhere on the planet courtesy of a new climatic wind tunnel test centre being built by Ford at its engineering centre in Merkenich, Cologne.
- New 3-row, 7-Seat Ford Edge Makes Global Debut at Auto Guangzhou 2014
GUANGZHOU, China — Last week, Ford made the global debut of the new Ford Edge, with full 7-seat capacity, at Changan Ford’s “Go Further” event in Guangzhou. This shows Ford’s continuation of delivering on its promise to bring more class-leading global vehicles to China.
- Lincoln Motor Company Unveils Lincoln Black Label at Home
With the launch of Lincoln Black Label, the luxury automotive company has created Lincoln Black Label at Home, an exclusive getaway intended to introduce luxury clients to the program’s designer themes.
- New S-MAX Voted “Best People Mover” in the International Auto Trophy 2014
New Ford S-MAX has picked up a prestigious award - even though it’s yet to go on sale. The new model won the “Best People Mover” category at this year’s Auto Trophy award, capturing 18.9 percent of all votes cast.
- Buffalo Stamping Goes Further, Becomes Refuge During Historic Storm
The historic snowfall that hit Buffalo, New York, this week brought traffic to a standstill, stranded hundreds, and collapsed roofs. At the same time, it brought out the best in Ford employees caught in the middle of the swirling drifts.
- Ford Transit Wins UK Fleet Award
Ford Transit was named Large Van of the Year at last night’s 2014 ACFO Awards.
- Ford Plants Flag in Middle East & Africa with Live Action Event; New Mustang Unveiled on World’s Tallest Building, Burj Khalifa
Ford Motor Company, underscoring its growing ambitions in the Middle East and Africa, today introduced the all-new Mustang on the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
- Ford Explorer Marks 25 Years of Innovation
Building on 25 years of innovation and sales leadership, a new Explorer is on its way with even more smart technology, a new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and an all-new Platinum series. The 2016 Ford Explorer arrives next summer.
- Ford Executive Chairman Addresses ‘The Future of Mobility’
DUBAI - On Wednesday, Nov. 19, Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford addressed attendees at “The Future of Mobility” event co-hosted by the Dubai Chamber and Ford MEA.
- 5.0-litre V8 or 2.3-litre EcoBoost Mustang? @Ford Readers Reach a Split Decision
COLOGNE, Germany – Last week @Ford posed the question “which Mustang do you prefer - 5.0-litre V8 or 2.3-Litre EcoBoost?” and our readers responded in droves.
- How Jet Power Helps Ford Combat Wintry Weather at Lommel Proving Ground
LOMMEL, Belgium - Rain, snow, hail or sleet used to disrupt testing Lommel Proving Ground in Belgium. But now a giant “hairdryer” – and a moment’s inspiration – are helping to keep the facility open, all year round.
- Get to Know New Ford Focus
Rainer Wode gives an expert’s overview of the all-new Ford Focus in this video clip which highlights the many remarkable features available on the vehicle
- Shelby GT350 Mustang: The Legend Returns
One of the most iconic performance Mustang nameplates of all time is returning, Ford confirmed today with the reveal of the all-new Shelby® GT350 Mustang.
- Hirvonen Signs Off In Style
M-Sport World Rally Team’s Mikko Hirvonen and Jarmo Lehtinen brought their FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) careers to an end in style at the weekend – securing second place at Wales Rally GB.
- Lincoln Officially Introduces Black Label Luxury
The Lincoln Motor Company officially introduces Lincoln Black Label today, redefining what it means to shop for, purchase and own a luxury automobile.
- 7 Million Adventures: Ford Explorer Marks U.S. Sales Milestone As New Model Ready for Reveal at Los Angeles Auto Show
Ford Motor Company announced the 7-millionth Explorer sold in the United States today, sealing the vehicle’s position as America’s favorite SUV. The iconic Explorer was launched in the U.S. market in 1990 becoming an instant hit. For nearly a quarter century, it has been the best-selling SUV in the country.
- Inside the Oval With Jamie Allison: Great Year for Ford Racing as Season Ends, Championship Hopes High
This is an exciting week to be doing my next Ford Racing column for @FordOnline.
We are in the final week of the racing season, and Ford has a chance to capture two major championships in NASCAR and NHRA to cap off what has been a great year for Ford Racing.
- Designing the Future of Ford: Todd Willing
The ability to predict future needs of customers before they are aware of those needs existing is exactly what Ford design teams excel at and why Ford’s current global design leadership team has been so carefully selected.
- New Trophy for Ford EcoBoost 400 Harkens Back to Racer Henry Ford
It’s a trophy Henry Ford himself would love.
The winner of this Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be taking home a trophy, but in this case, the new trophy represents a unique part of Ford Racing history.
- Ford’s European Sales Continue to Outpace Overall Industry
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford’s vehicle sales in its 20 traditional European markets increased by 8.1 per cent in October, outpacing the overall industry sales growth for the third consecutive month.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life to Launch in Russia
MOSCOW, Russia – Ford Sollers is to offer specially adapted Ford Driving Skills for Life training to young drivers in Russia.
- All-new Ford-Powered Race Cars are a Sell-Out Success
BRENTWOOD, England – The all-new Ford EcoBoost-powered F4 Concept Car has got off to a flying start ahead of its competitive debut in the UK next year.