DEARBORN - The all-new Ford Fusion is designed to change Americans’ expectations about midsize sedans, create new jobs in the U.S. and profitably grow Ford’s business. Below are some interesting facts about the all-new Ford Fusion.
Did You Know…
• Fusion is one of the most fuel-efficient midsize sedans in America.
• Fusion is the first midsize sedan to offer gasoline, hybrid and plug-in hybrid options – power of choice for customers.
• Fusion also offers technologies people can really use at less than half the price of some luxury makes.
• Fusion can help drivers maintain proper lane position, automatically adjust vehicle speeds to changing traffic conditions and parallel park itself, for starters.
• Fusion is part of America’s fastest-growing segment this year; two out of three American vehicle buyers this year will shop for midsize cars or small utility vehicles.
• Americans bought 2.1 million midsize cars in 2011 – second only to small cars.
• Last year, four out of the five top-selling cars in the U.S. were midsize sedans; every major competitor is new this year.
• Fusion doubled market share in its first six years in the market.
• Fusion set sales records in six of the first eight months this year.
• We anticipate growing demand for Fusion. We have created 1,200 new U.S. hourly jobs and invested $555 million at our Flat Rock Assembly Plant (Flat Rock, Mich.).