Click here for complete coverage of the Ford Mustang and celebration of 50 years of continuous production.
NEW YORK – OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores in July.
Coinciding with Mustang 50th anniversary celebrations this year, OPI marks the milestone with a standout collection of colors – all capturing the spirit, passion and excitement of Ford Mustang.
“For five decades, Mustang has represented some of the best of American culture, inspiring a feeling of freedom and independence,” says Melanie Banker, Mustang marketing manager. “We are excited to celebrate the iconic Ford Mustang with OPI and tell its story through color.”
Pony-up with color
Developed by OPI Co-Founder and EVP Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the collection uniquely expresses the spirit of Mustang.
“Nail color, just like the car she drives, is the ultimate expression of a woman’s personality,” says Weiss-Fischmann. “Automobiles are synonymous with style, and there is a special kind of love affair between a woman and her car.
“These lacquers celebrate a woman’s pursuit of excitement and invite OPI fans to accentuate their personal style and embrace Mustang’s adventurous spirit through color,” she adds.
Ford Mustang by OPI includes these six limited-edition shades:
• Race Red: The hero color of the collection, Race Red pays tribute to one of Mustang’s signature colors and brings to life the passion and excitement of the iconic car
• 50 Years of Style: Just like Mustang, celebrate all your milestones with this made-to-party golden pearl
• Queen of the Road: Inspired by Mustang’s dramatic and perfectly appointed cabin, a black interior evokes sophistication and will always be a classic – just like the little black dress
• Girls Love Ponies: A woman is multifaceted; this grown-up pink acts as a reminder of her femininity, even as she takes to the wheel of the powerful pony
• Angel with a Leadfoot: Drive up and say “halo” to this celestial white. Whether worn alone or as an accent, white is essential to a woman’s wardrobe and to making a statement
• The Sky’s My Limit: There is nothing like the freedom of the open road and shimmering, endless blue sky. This aqua hue awakens a woman’s sense of adventure and is a trend shade for summer going into the fall.
“Color is very personal to people and to how they express themselves,” said Susan Lampinen, Group Chief Designer, Color and Material, Ford Motor Company. “Similarly, color plays a key role in defining the character of a vehicle: Mustang paint colors need to denote performance, sportiness, and power. They are expressive, bold and eye-catching colors, like the ones chosen for this limited edition collection.”
Celebrating an icon
In April, Ford Mustang will become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. Over the last five decades, Mustang has gained worldwide popularity and become an enduring part of pop culture with more than 9.2 million Mustangs sold and more than 3,300 appearances on film and TV – including its latest big-screen appearance as the hero car in “Need for Speed.”
Mustang’s unique combination of style, performance and affordability established an entirely new class of sporty car. Now, the most advanced version yet, the 2015 model features an all-new, sophisticated design and a host of innovative new technologies and connectivity systems.
Ford Mustang by OPI nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. The collection will be available in July at professional salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for a suggested retail price of $9.50.