DUNTON, England - The unique culture of European football comes under the spotlight in a new series of short Ford films.
Ford’s Fascinating World of Football is a weekly series that offers an insight into real stories about ‘the beautiful game’ involving a mix of professional teams and football icons. In each one, Ford’s all-new Tourneo Custom, plays a key role, from taking priests to play football at the Vatican to driving a team of amputee footballers to a game in London
The first story, released to coincide with the Christmas period, offers an insight into Santa Claus’ own football team, which is a Finnish League club based in Rovaniemi in the Arctic Circle.
“Ford has been committed to supporting football for more than two decades so it made perfect sense to use the sport as a focus for the launch of our new smart people mover, the Tourneo Custom,” said Usha Raghavachari, senior marketing communications manager, Ford of Europe.
The films include playing on Europe’s highest pitch in the Alps, which becomes part of a ski field in the winter; meeting some of the world’s top street soccer players with Edgar Davids in Amsterdam; becoming part of the loudest crowd in Europe at Galatasaray; tasting wine at Andrea Pirlo’s vineyard; and even meeting a real life goat mascot in Cologne.
“Creating interesting content to reach out to consumers through traditional and social media is an increasingly important part of what we do now and this series has allowed us to reveal some fascinating stories in football”, continued Raghavachari.
“All the way, the Tourneo Custom proved how well equipped it is for this kind of task, offering spacious seating, a comfortable ride and the clever flexibility to fit in all the equipment needed by the teams involved.”
The fixture list for the short films is as follows:
- 07-Jan - Europe's highest pitch - Gspon, Switzerland
- 14-Jan - Vatican City football - Rome, Italy
- 21-Jan - Coldest club in Europe - Rovaniemi, Finland
- 28-Jan - Street Soccer with Edgar Davids - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 04-Feb - Loudest fans in Europe - Galatasaray, Turkey
- 11-Feb - Spain’s beach football proving ground - San Sebastian, Spain
- 18-Feb - Andrea Pirlo's vineyard - Brescia, Italy
- 25-Feb - The Beautiful Game with Laure Boulleau - Paris, France
- 04-Mar - Football Fashion with Christian Vieri - Milan, Italy
- 11-Mar - Superstar DJ with Gaizka Mendieta – London, England
- 18-Mar - The real life goat mascot - Cologne, Germany
- 25-Mar - Amputee football – London, England
- 15-Apr - Stelvio Pass Pinball Football - Stelvio Pass, Alps
- 22-Apr - Table football World Championships - Hanover, Germany
- 29-Apr - A Lesson in Penalties - Munich, Germany