Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Related Materials
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 Ostberg secures 2012 deal

DATE: Will be calculated from "Release Start Date" field.

WRC driver Mads Ostberg has completed a deal to continue with a Ford programme in this year's World Rally Championship.


 
The Norwegian joined the M-Sport Stobart Ford line-up last season after many years as a Subaru privateer. There had been doubts over his 2012 prospects when he was not listed on the entry list for Monte Carlo, but Ostberg has now announced he will be back in a Ford for at least 11 rounds, with regular co-driver Jonas Andersson alongside.
 
"I am happy to confirm that team, car and programme for 2012 is now decided," said Ostberg. "It has been important for me to continue the development from 2011 with a good programme, a competitive car and open possibilities to compete for a best possible result every time. All elements have been accomplished with this agreement."


 
Ostberg will rejoin the series from Sweden and is confirmed for the rest of the season bar New Zealand, though this could be added to his schedule later. 


 
His father and Adapta team boss, Morten Ostberg, said: "Regarding long haul rallies we basically want to do all of them. But the idea of exceeding several rallies in distance and period, which inevitably increases the total budget for doing the full championship, has forced us to exclude two rallies.
 
New Zealand and Monte Carlo, which is the most expensive and logistically complicated rally among the European rallies, is therefore not included in our programme."


 
Ostberg finished sixth in the 2011 WRC standings. The 24-year-old started his maiden Ford season by leading for much of the distance in Sweden before finishing second, a result he repeated in the finale in Wales.
 
The 2012 season gets underway with Rallye Monte Carlo on January 17.
 
YouTube icon Facebook icon twitter icon

  

By  

 
Yes
Yes
No
1/13/2012 4:30 AM