Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
Ford Racing Weekend Highlights:
- Kasey Kahne finished fifth at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race.
- BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team duo Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila finished fourth in the Rallye Deutschland.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)-
- Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Fusion, led three Fords in the top ten and four in the top 12 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Kahne finished fifth and Roush-Fenway drivers Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 Fusion, and Matt Kenseth, driver of the No. 17 Fusion, finished eighth and tenth. Carl Edwards was the fourth driver in the top-12 for Ford. Edwards started the race second and was running in fourth (lap 256) when he had to pit a second time for loose lug nuts. He fell to 26th and settled for a 12th-place finish.
- Top five finishers at Bristol Motor Speedway: (1) Kyle Busch- Toyota; (2) David Reutimann- Toyota; (3) Jamie McMurray – Chevrolet; (4) Clint Bowyer- Chevrolet; (5) Kasey Khane - Ford.
- Three Ford drivers are currently in the top 12 standings: 4th -Carl Edwards (-408), 8th -Matt Kenseth (-426), and 11th -Greg Biffle (-466). Kasey Kahne is 16th overall and 136 points behind the12th and final spot in The Chase.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
- NO RACE – The NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car Series will return with the U.S. Nationals at Indianapolis Raceway Park, September 3 – 6.
GRAND-AM Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge (Mustang)
- NO RACE – The Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge will return with the 2010 season finale at Miller Motorsports Park in Toole, Utah, September 10-11.
World Rally Championship (Focus)
- BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team duo Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila finished fourth in the Rallye Deutschland, the ninth round of the FIA World Rally Championship.
- Latvala and Anttila are currently third overall (-74) in the WRC driver standings with four rounds remaining.
Other Ford Racing results-- Technical Support/No Sponsorship:
NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Carl Edwards, driver the No. 60 Fusion, was the highest finishing Ford, coming in fifth in the Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
- NO RACE – The NHRA Full Throttle Pro Stock Series will return with the U.S. Nationals at Indianapolis Raceway Park, September 3 – 6.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (F-150)
- John King, driver of the No. 46 F-150 was the highest finishing Ford, coming in 15th in the O’Reilly 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series
- NO RACE -The GRAND-AM Rolex Series returns August 27-28 in Montreal, Quebec for the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Ford Racing Mustang Challenge
- NO RACE - The Ford Racing Mustang Challenge returns September 11 at Miller Motorsports Park
Formula Drift (Mustang)
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. in the Monster Energy / Falken Tire Ford Mustang finished third in the Formula Drift Round 5: After Dark at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway.
- Gittin, the championship leader, maintains a 22 point lead in the quest for the championship with two events remaining.
FIA GT3/GT1 (Ford GT)
- NO RACE - The FIA GT1 Series returns August 26-29 in Germany.