Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
- Matt Hagan, Dodge, defeated Robert Hight, driver of the Auto Club Ford Mustang Funny Car to win the United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals in Joliet, IL on Sunday.
- This was Hight's fourth final appearance in a row. He had won the three previous races.
- John Force Racing now sits 1-2-3 in the championship standings.
- Hight and fellow John Force Racing teammate Ashley Force Hood took the number one and two qualifying positions going into Sunday's eliminations.
- Ford drivers and their final positions include; John Force (lost to Ashley Force Hood in round one), Bob Tasca III (lost to Jack Beckman in round two), Tim Wilkerson (lost to Robert Hight in round two), and Ashley Force Hood (lost to Matt Hagan in round three).
- Ford Racing driver point standings after the United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals: 1st- Robert Hight (780), 2nd- John Force (759), 3rd- Ashley Force Hood (671), 7th-Bob Tasca III (563), and 8th-Tim Wilkerson (531)
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
- AJ Allmendinger, driver of the No. 43 Fusion, was the highest finishing Ford, coming in 10th in the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 at Pocono.
- The race ended with a huge crash that involved multiple Fords on the race’s final lap. The crash, between Almendinger and Kasey Kahne, launched Kahne's No. 9 Fusion off the ground and collected several other drivers, including Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 Fusion and Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Fusion.
- The dominant Ford early was the No. 17 of Matt Kenseth, running in the top 10, before being penalized for speeding on his exit from pit road, and dropped outside the top 25. Kenseth would go on to finish 17th.
- Kahne ran in the top five much of the day.
- Top five finishers in the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 include: (1) Denny Hamlin -Toyota; (2) Kyle Busch- Toyota; (3) Tony Stewart -Chevrolet; (4) Kevin Harvick-Chevrolet; (5) Jimmie Johnson-Chevrolet.
Other Ford drivers finishing in the Top 20 at the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 include: Carl Edwards (12th), Paul Menard (16th), Matt Kenseth (17th) and Travis Kvapil (20th).
- Three Ford drivers are currently in the top 12 standings:4th-Matt Kenseth (-170), 8th-Carl Edwards (-334), and 10th-Greg Biffle (-336).
GRAND-AM Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge (Mustang)
- Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson, co-drivers of the No. 61 Roush Performance Ford Mustang GT, finished fifth and were the highest finishing Ford at the Continental Tire 150 at Watkins Glen.
- Rehagen Racing teams of Ken Wilden and Bob Michaelian, co-drivers of the No. 52 Ford Mustang GT and Dean Martin and Ryan Winchester, co-drivers of the No. 59 Ford Mustang GT finished seventh and eighth respectively giving Ford two more top 10 finishes.
- Ford remains second in the manufacturer standings with 182 points
Rally America (Fiesta)
- Ken Block and the Monster World Rally Team Fiesta dominated the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) for the first day and a half, but a fuel supply issue that could not be diagnosed during the short service window forced Block to retire from the STPR after Stage 10.
- In the end, the Pennsylvania-based rally was won by Canadian Antoine l’Estage in a Mitsubishi Lancer
World Rally Championship (Focus)
- NO RACE - The World Rally Championship returns July 9th-7th with Rally Bulgaria.
Other Ford Racing results-- Technical Support/No Sponsorship:
GRAND-AM Rolex Series
- Max Angelelli and Ricky Taylor, co-drivers of the No. 10 SunTrust Ford Dallara were the highest finishing Ford team, coming in second at Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen. Their podium appearance comes just five days after their victory at Lime Rock.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Fusion)
- Carl Edwards, driver of the No. 60 Fusion was the highest finishing Ford coming in second at the Federated Auto Parts 300 at Nashville Superspeedway.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (F-150)
- Jennifer Jo Cobb, driver of the No. 24 F-150 was the highest finishing Ford coming in 14th at the WinStar World Casino 400k at Texas Motor Speedway.
Ford Racing Mustang Challenge
- Just hours after taking a third consecutive Ford Racing Mustang Challenge pole position in qualifying, Tony Buffomante pulled the No. 34 Capaldi Racing.com Mustang into Gatorade Victory Lane at Watkins Glen.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
- Erica Enders, driver of the Cunningham Racing Ford Mustang, had an 18th place qualifying effort and was the best of the Fords, but it did not qualify her for final eliminations at the United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
Formula Drift (Mustang)
- Vaughn Gittin Jr., driver of the Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang finished second in Round 3: The Gauntlet at Wall Speedway in Wall, New Jersey. Gittin Jr., is currently leading the point standings.
FIA GT3/GT1 (Ford GT)
- NO RACE - The FIA GT Series returns July 2nd-4th with the Paul Ricard HTTT in France.