DEARBORN -- Weekend racing results for Feb. 12-14, 2010.
NHRA -- Funny Car Series:
- NHRA's winningest driver, John Force, driver of the Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang, got back into the winner's circle after a 40-race drought on Sunday after defeating Ron Capps, Dodge, at the 50th Annual NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, Calif.
- The victory marks Force's 127th win and the 186th for John Force Racing.
- Robert Hight, driver of the Auto Club Ford Mustang and defending Funny Car Champion was the No. 1 qualifier for the 33rd time in his career.
- All Ford drivers ran the new 2010 Mustang body
- Four of the five Ford drivers made it into the top 10 after the season opening race: John Force (1st, 121 points), Bob Tasca III (3rd, 78 points), Ashley Force Hood (7th, 56 points), Robert Hight (9th, 43 points).
World Rally Championship:
- BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team drivers Mikko Hirvonen and Jarmo Lehtinen started the 2010 FIA World Rally Championship in style with a victory at Rally Sweden. Hirvonen and Lehtinen won the opening round by 42.3sec in their Ford Focus RS World Rally Car.
- The win moves Ford to the top of the all-time standings with 74 WRC victories.
- Teammates Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila finished third in a similar Focus RS WRC, 1min 15.4sec behind Hirvonen and Lehtinen.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series:
- Jamie McMurray, Chevrolet, won Sunday's 52nd Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.
- Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 Fusion, was the highest finishing Ford, coming in third in the Great American Race.
- Seven of Ford's 13 drivers led the race for a total of 55 of the 200 laps, including Biffle who led 27 of the laps.
- Other Ford drivers and their finishes' at the Daytona 500 include: Matt Kenseth (8th), Carl Edwards (9th), Paul Menard (13th), David Ragan (16th), Elliott Sadler (24th), Boris Said (25th), Travis Kvapil (29th), Kasey Kahne (30th), Robert Richardson Jr. (31st), AJ Allmendinger (32nd), and John Andretti (38th).
NASCAR Nationwide Series:
- Tony Stewart, Chevrolet, took the checkered flag .309 seconds ahead of Carl Edwards, driver of the No. 60 Ford Fusion, to win Saturday's Drive4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway.
- Along with Edwards's finish, Ford had one other driver finish in the top 10, Paul Menard, driver of the No. 98 Fusion.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series:
- Timothy Peters, Toyota, won Saturday night's NextEra Energy 250 Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway.
- Polesitter Johnny Benson, driver of the No. 95 F-150, was the highest finishing Ford in eighth.
NHRA -- Pro Stock Series:
- Mike Edwards, Pontiac, defeated Greg Anderson, Pontiac, to win the 50th Annual NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, Calif.
- The new Ford Mustangs made their 2010 debut during the weekend's season-opening event.
- Larry Morgan qualified 15th in his Lucas Oil Ford Mustang, and made his way to the semi-finals before losing to Greg Anderson. He currently sits in fourth place in the point standings with 71 points.