• Ford Fiesta sales rose 84% - best August on record
• Ford Fusion sales up 57% - best August on record
• Ford Focus sales increased 16%
• Ford Mustang sales jumped 13%
• Ford Taurus sales increased 40%
• Ford Edge sales rose 11% - best August on record
• Ford F-150 sales increased 15% - best August on record
• Lincoln MKT sales jumped 14%
OAKVILLE — Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd. sales increased seven per cent in August, delivering sales leadership for the month and year-to-date.
Ford Fiesta and Fusion both had their best August on record, with sales increasing 84 per cent and 57 per cent respectively. Ford Focus, Mustang and Taurus sales were also up last month, with increases of 16 per cent, 13 per cent and 40 per cent respectively.
“In a strong month for the industry, we are thrilled and humbled that Ford of Canada continues to be the best-selling automotive brand in Canada,” said Dianne Craig, President and CEO, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. “Strong sales of vehicles like the sporty Fiesta, the fan-favourite Mustang, the Oakville-built Edge and the all-new Fusion have helped us have our second best August on record.”
It was the best August on record for the Ford Edge and F-150, which increased by 11 per cent and 15 per cent respectively. Lincoln MKT sales rose 14 per cent.