OAKVILLE — Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. sales increased 10 per cent in October, marking the best month of sales on record in more than 15 years. Ford of Canada maintained sales leadership in October and continues to lead the industry in sales this year.
The record month was fueled by strong sales across the lineup. Ford Fiesta sales were up six per cent, and Taurus sales increased two per cent. Sales of the Oakville-built Lincoln MKX jumped 21 per cent, helping to drive an increase of 44 per cent in total Lincoln sales.
Ford Escape and Explorer both experienced their best Octobers on record, with sales increasing 11 per cent and 26 per cent respectively. Oakville-built Ford Edge sales rose four per cent last month.
Truck sales increased 17 per cent, driven by gains in F-Series, up 24 per cent. Ford of Canada has sold more F-Series as of October this year than were sold in all of 2012 - - more than 100,000 trucks. It was also the best October on record for F-150, with sales up 26 per cent.
“We are proud to have achieved the best month of sales on record in more than 15 years,” said Dianne Craig, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. “We are honoured to have maintained sales leadership in a very competitive industry and grateful for the customers that have made Ford or Lincoln their automotive choice.”
• Ford Fiesta sales increased 6%
• Ford Taurus sales rose 2%
• Ford Edge sales increased 4%
• Ford Escape sales jumped 11% - best October on record
• Ford Explorer sales jumped 26% - best October on record
• Ford F-150 sales rose 26% - best October on record
• Ford F-Series sales up 24%
• Lincoln MKX sales jumped 21%
• Total SUV/CUV sales rose 12%
• Total truck sales increased 17%
•Total Lincoln sales up 44%