• Ford is the best-selling automaker in Canada for the fourth consecutive year
• Best year of sales since 1997
• Ford F-Series is the best-selling pickup in Canada for the 48th consecutive year
• Ford F-Series is the best-selling vehicle in Canada for the fourth year in-a-row
• Full year Ford Fusion sales were the best on record
• Full year Ford Escape sales were the best on record
• Full year Ford F-Series sales were the best on record
• Total truck sales rose 4%
• Overall sales increased 3%
• Ford Escape sales up 8%
• Ford Explorer sales increased 7%
• Ford F-Series up 8%
• Overall Lincoln sales rose 17%
• Lincoln MKS sales rose 73%
OAKVILLE – Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. finished 2013 as the top-selling manufacturer in the industry for the fourth consecutive year, marking the best year of sales since 1997. The popular Ford F-Series maintained leadership as the best-selling pickup in Canada for the 48th consecutive year, as well as the best-selling vehicle in Canada for the fourth year in-a-row.
“We are very proud to be entering 2014 with a strong foundation built from a deep commitment to go further for our customers,” said Dianne Craig, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. “We are also thankful for the ongoing support and loyalty of our customers who helped Ford remain the best-selling automaker in Canada and the F-Series remain Canada’s favourite truck.”
2013 was a record-breaking year across the lineup, with Ford Fusion, Escape and F-Series all experiencing the best year of sales on record. In December, Ford Explorer sales increased seven per cent. Ford Escape and F-Series sales were also up, both increasing eight per cent.
Lincoln sales rose 17 per cent last month, driven by sales of the Lincoln MKS, which increased 73 per cent.
“The great news for consumers is that 2014 will be another very competitive year in the industry and we look forward to introducing our fantastic new products,” said Craig. “From the 50th anniversary of the Mustang to the release of the 2015 Lincoln MKC, we will be building on last year’s success for an exciting 2014.”