MOROCCO - Ford’s operation in Morocco is celebrating its centenary. The first Ford, a Model T, was imported into the North African country in 1907 by Gabriel Veyre. He was so impressed with the vehicle, that in 1912 Dr Veyre set up a company – Etablissement Gabriel Veyre – to import and distribute Ford cars.
In 1920, the name of the company was changed to Auto Hal and began importing a full range of Ford cars, trucks, tractors and engines. The company moved to its current head office site ten years later. In 1974, an assembly plant for Ford trucks was established.
Today, Auto Hall has its own network of 25 outlets around the country and a market share year-to-date of 7.6 per cent. For the month of August, share was 8.6 per cent.