Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Related Materials
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 Ford Remains Europe’s No.2 Best-Selling Vehicle Brand in Further Weakening Market 

DATE: Will be calculated from "Release Start Date" field.

COLOGNE, Germany – Ford was the No. 2 best-selling total vehicle brand in Europe last month and over the first 10 months of this year.

 Ford’s October market share in its traditional 19 European markets was 7.8%, down 0.2 percentage points from October 2011. In the ten months of the year, Ford’s share was 8.0%, down 0.4 percentage points on the same period 2011. The overall industry was down 8%in October and year-to-date.

Strong sales for Ford in the UK partially offset a weak Western European market and helped to further stabilise Ford’s sales in the region.

Ford October sales in the UK – Ford’s largest European market by volume - increased by 11% to 26,100 units, boosting monthly share by 0.3 percentage points to 15.1%, extending Ford’s market leadership in the country.

In Russia, Ford sales grew 12.6% in the first 10 months of the year to 105,500 units, making it the third largest market by volume for Ford in Europe throughout the year, behind the UK and Germany.

In Germany, with 7.6% share in October, Ford achieved its best monthly market share this year. 

“We were able to deliver a solid month in sales and share while successfully maintaining margins in a very competitive market place,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “While the market remains very weak, we can now really gain some momentum with the strong start for the new B-MAX and Transit Custom and the impending launch of the new Fiesta and new Kuga.”

Ford sales in Eastern Europe were up 42,600 units or 4.8% year-to-date

  

By  

 
Yes
Yes
Yes
11/19/2012 7:00 AM