DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Feb. 24 - 26, 2012. Ken Block claimed his sixth-career Rally in the 100 Acre Wood victory and Chris Duplessis extended his Rally America 2WD winning streak to three events dating back to last season.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• A huge wreck on the final lap collected many of the leaders, including defending champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Trevor Bayne.
• Timmy Hill was the top Ford driver able to avoid the massive collection of cars as the race finished under caution. Bayne was awarded 11th and Stenhouse Jr. 19th, despite the duo pushing for the lead in the final laps.
• Bayne sits in fifth in the championship standings after one event with 34 points, eight back of Elliott Sadler. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits ninth with 25 points (-17).
• The 2012 NASCAR NNS schedule continues at Phoenix on March 3.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion) – RACE POSTPONED
• Rain postponed the Daytona 500 for the first time in its 54 year existence, pushing it to a noon start on Monday.
• Carl Edwards (pole) and Greg Biffle make it an all-Ford front row, and the duo is joined by Matt Kenseth (P4) (Marcos Ambrose (P7) starting in the top-10
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Phoenix on March 4.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-3 atop the driver’s standings, led by Mike Neff (196 points). He leads Robert Hight (-42) and John Force (-46) sit close behind.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 8-11, with the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 29 points (-10) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fourth with 26 points (-13).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 55 points (-10).
• The WRC season continues March 8-12 with Rally Mexico.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta)
• Ken Block won the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood for a sixth time, taking the top spot by 29.3 seconds.
• Chris Duplessis and his Fiesta R2 claimed his third-consecutive Rally America 2WD victory dating back to last season, and Dillon Van Way claimed third despite a 20 second flat tire penalty that pushed him out of second.
• Duplessis is leading the championship standings thanks to consecutive victories to start the season, but updated standings were not available at the time of this report.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Larry Morgan qualified 11th at the Arizona Nationals and reached the second round before being eliminated.
• The 2012 NHRA Pro Stock schedule continues March 8-11, with the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.