Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Sept. 6 - 8.
NASCAR Sprint Cup (Fusion) -- FORD VICTORY
• Carl Edwards closed out the regular season with a victory in Richmond, his second victory of 2013, and finished the regular season atop the championship points standings.
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. picked up his first career Sprint Cup Top-10 (p10) to put two Fusions in the top-10.
• The race was filled with twists and turns, but at the end of the day Edwards, Greg Biffle and Joey Logano each earned automatic Chase bids by finishing the regular season inside the top-10 in championship points.
• Needing a win, defending champ Brad Keselowski made a strong bid to sneak his way into the postseason. He had a dominant car early and led a race-high 142 laps (Ford drivers led 188 of 400 laps), but after a close battle with Kevin Harvick (Chevy) and an untimely caution on lap 342 pinned him deep in traffic, he was unable to mount a late charge.
• After the points are tallied for the postseason, Edwards begins the chase tied for 4th (-9), while Logano and Biffle enter tied for 6th (-12) behind leader Matt Kenseth (Toyota).
• Ford is 35 points back of Chevy in the manufacturer standings.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) -- FORD VICTORY
• Brad Keselowski took advantage of a restart with 11 laps remaining and claimed his second NNS victory of the season at Richmond and fifth overall.
• Trevor Bayne came home fifth and Sam Hornish Jr. sixth to make it three Mustangs inside the top-10.
• Sam Hornish Jr. extended his points lead, 16 ahead of Austin Dillon (Chevy). Trevor Bayne sits 8th (-70).
• Ford leads Toyota by three points for the manufacturer's championship.