Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Sept. 27 - 29.
NASCAR Sprint Cup
• Joey Logano surged to a third-place finish and Greg Biffle battled to a 9th place effort in Dover behind race winner Jimmie Johnson (Chevy).
• Carl Edwards suffered a broken hub late in the race and was forced into the garage. It was a tough week to suffer mechanical trouble, because every car finishing in the top-10 was a member of The Chase.
• Biffle now sits sixth in the championship standings, 41 behind Matt Kenseth (Toyota). Carl Edwards sits 11th (-65) and Joey Logano 12th (-66).
• Ford trails Chevy in the manufacturer standings by 42 points.
NASCAR Nationwide - FORD VICTORY
• The No. 22 team continued to dominate the series, claiming their 11th victory of the year as Joey Logano won his fourth straight NNS race at Dover.
• The victory was the 12th for Penske in Nationwide this year and Ford’s 13th. It was the third victory of the season for Logano in the series.
• Ford has won six of the last nine races with four different drivers finding victory lane.
• Penske driver Sam Hornish Jr. finished 17th due to a tough pit stop and a pit road speeding penalty, but still holds a 4-point lead in the championship.
• Ford leads Toyota by 10 points in the manufacturer’s standings.
NHRA - FORD VICTORY
• John Force reached the finals for the second-consecutive week and this time came away with The Wally, edging Jack Beckman in the finals in Madison.
• Force beat fellow Mustang pilot Robert Hight in the semifinals, while Courtney Force and Tim Wilkerson each advanced to the second round before falling.
• Force has rocketed up the standings the last two weeks, climbing into second place just six points behind Matt Hagan (Dodge). Robert Hight sits fourth (-48), Courtney Force 7th (-134) and Tim Wilkerson 9th (-194) in the Countdown standings.
• Ford leads the manufacturer standings by 280 points over Dodge.
•The No. 61 Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claimed their second victory of 2013 in the final GRAND-AM race behind the driving of Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson at Lime Rock.