• First race of the Chase for the Championship was a day-night affair after more than six hours of rain delays at the start and almost halfway through caused the race to finish after midnight in Chicagoland with Matt Kenseth (Toyota) the winner.
• Top Ford finisher was Brad Keselowski in seventh, with Ricky Stenhouse eighth
• Ford Chase drivers: Carl Edwards (11th), Greg Biffle (16th), and Joey Logano (37th after engine failure)
• Point standings after the first of 10 races for the Championship: Carl Edwards 5th (-23), Greg Biffle 11th (-31), Joey Logano 12th (-52)
• Loudon, NH is next race in the Chase next Sunday.
• Joey Logano and Sam Hornish Jr. finished second and third in Saturday’s Nationwide race at Chicagoland behind winner Kyle Busch (Toyota).
• Hornish remains 17 points ahead in the championship. Trevor Bayne is eighth (-82).
NHRA – Ford win
• John Force Racing’s Robert Hight continued his hot streak, winning his second consecutive race and first race of the Coutdown to 1 in Charlotte.
• Hight defeated his teammate Courtney Force in the semifinals. John Force won one round, but Tim Wilkerson and Bob Tasca were eliminated in the first round.
• Hight sits third in the championship (-86), John Force is fifth, Courtney Force sixth and Tim Wilkerson ninth.
Super V8 Championship
• Will Davison and Steve Owen sat on the pole and finished third with their Ford Falcon Sunday in Sandown.
• Frosty Winterbottom and Steve Richards finished sixth.
• Davison sits third in the championship (-97) and Winterbottom fourth (-166).