Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Aug. 3-5. Courtney Force picked up her first career Funny Car event victory by edging Matt Hagan in the finals in Seattle (NHRA). Carl Edwards led the Fusions with a seventh-place finish in a rain-shortened event in Pocono (NSC). Michael Annett (4th) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (5th) each finished in the top-5 at Pocono (NNS). Tanner Foust finished second in Belgium. Bradley Morris and Marty Hart registered victories for the Ford Trucks (LOORS). Fiestas finished 3rd-9th in Finland (WRC). Mark Winterbottom picked up a pair of second-place finishes in his Falcon (V8SC).
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Courtney Force made her third final of the year and claimed her first championship of her rookie season with a victory over Matt Hagan in the finals in Seattle. She joins father John, sister Ashley and brother in law Robert Hight as Forc e family members to win an NHRA national event.
• Courtney eliminated her father, John Force, in the semis and Bob Tasca III in the quarters. Tim Wilkerson was the only other Ford to reach the quarters as Mike Neff and Robert Hight were eliminated in the opening round.
• Mike Neff qualified sixth, Tim Wilkerson eighth, John Force 10th, Bob Tasca 11th, Robert Hight 13th and Courtney Force 14th.
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championship with 1143 points, Mike Neff sits fifth (933).Courtney Force sixth (851), John Force ninth (746), Bob Tasca III in 10th (739) and Tim Wilkerson 12th (662)
• Wilkerson is 77 points back of 10th. Tasca has a 62 point lead on Matt Hagan for the 10th and final spot in the Countdown.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues at Brainerd on Aug. 16-19, with only two events left before the Countdown begins.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Jeff Gordon (Chevy) won a rain-shortened event at Pocono ahead of the top-finishing Ford Fusion of Carl Edwards, who placed seventh.
• Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle – running 2-3 - looked poised to challenge for a victory, but on lap 91 Kenseth made a move for the lead on Jimmie Johnson and the 48 got loose, causing a multi-car wreck that cost both Ford drivers a chance to win. Marcos Ambrose rallied to finish 10th, while Biffle placed 15th.
• Kenseth is second in championship points, five behind Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Biffle remains third (-6) Edwards sits 12th, 60 back of 10th.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues at Watkins Glen on Aug. 12.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Michael Annett finished fourth and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. fifth behind race winner Elliott Sadler (Chevy) at Pocono.
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits third in the driver's championship, 21 points behind Elliott Sadler (Chevy). Michael Annett sits sixth (-104).
• The NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues Aug 11 at Watkins Glen.
V8 Supercars (Falcon)
• Mark Winterbottom finished second and Will Davison sixth during Saturday’s race behind Craig Lowndes (Commodore)
• Winterbottom finished second and Davison fourth on Sunday, once again behind Lowndes.
• Mark Winterbottom sits second (-82) and Will Davidson third (-176) behind points leader Jamie Whincup (Holden).
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues Aug 25-26 in Sydney.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Fiestas finished 3rd-9th in Finland, led by Jari-Matti Latvala (3rd) and Petter Solberg (4th) behind race winner and points leader Sebastien Loeb (Citroen).
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings, led by Petter Solberg in third with 104 points (-67) behind leader Sebastien Loeb (Citroen)
• The Ford World Rally Team sits in the manufacturer’s standings with 171 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 109.
• The WRC season continues Aug. 24-26 with Rallaye Deutschland.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust leads the championship standings with 62 points, 12 ahead of Samuel Hubinette. Brian Deegan sits third (-13), Marcus Gronholm fourth (-19), David Binks fifth (-20) and Ken Block sixth (-22)
• Ford leads the manufacturer’s standings with 134 points, a 49-point edge over Hyundai
• The 2012 schedule continues on Sept. 1, at an as yet announced location.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (MustangBoss302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Jack Roush Jr./Billy Johnson sit eighth in the standings behind David Empringham/John Farano (Porsche)
• James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit ninth in the ST standings behind Pierre Kleinubing (Mazda)
• Ford sits fourth in the GS manufacturer’s standings, 25 points behind Porsche.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes Sept. 8 at Laguna Seca.
Other Ford Racing Results
European RallyCross (Fiesta)
• Tanner Foust finished second in Belgium behind Russian points leader Timur Timerzyanov.
• Tanner Foust sits third in the championship standings with 78, despite missing two of the seven events, 30 points back of the leader, Timur Timerzyanov (Citroen)
• The ERC Schedule continues in the Netherlands on Aug. 11.
SCCA World Challenge GTS(Mustang Boss302S/Fiesta)
• Mustangs finished 10th, 12th and 13th in the first race of the GTS weekend.
• The Boss 302S field decided to stage a protest in the second race of the weekend, as all the cars pulled into pit lane and chose not to finish the race.
• The primary reason for the protest is an on-going disagreement with SCCA officials over restrictions placed on the Boss 302S
• Justin Bell sits sixth in the points standings with 726, -524 behind leader Peter Cunningham (Acura)
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits second in the B-Spec standings with 651 points, 41 behind Jonathan Start (Fiatt).
• Ford sits second behind Acura (-12) for the lead in the GTS manufacturer standings with 49 points and third in the B-Spec standings with 32 points, 13 behind Honda.
• The SCCA schedule concludes on Aug. 24 at Sonoma.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks)
• Marty Hart and Rob MacCachren took 1st and 3rd in Round 9 of Pro 2 Unlimited
• Travis Coyne and Todd LeDuc finished 2nd and 3rd in Round 9 of Pro 4 Unlimited, F-150s finished in spots 2-5.
• Bradley Morris won Pro Lite Unlimited and Brian Deegan finished third to give Ford Trucks a 1-3 finish in Round 9.
• Round 10 results of the series were not available at the time of this report.
• Ford is led by Austin Kimbrell in the championship standings for Pro Lite, he sits in fourth, 80 back of the leader (Not updated at time of report).
• Ford drivers own spots 1-4 in the Pro 4 Unlimited standings, led by Kyle LeDuc in first with 396 points(Not updated at time of report).
• Ford drivers own spots 1-5 in the championship standings in Pro 2 Unlimited, led by Marty Hart (348 points) (Not updated at time of report).
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns Aug. 25-26 at Wild West Motorsports Park in Sparks, NV.
Formula Drift (Mustang) - NO RACE
• Gittin holds a 7.5 point edge over second, while fellow Mustang driver Justin Pawlak sits 15 points back in third.
• The Formula D schedule continues Aug. 24-25, in Las Vegas.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash finished 15th and Tom Chilton 16th in both races during the Brazil stop
• James Nash sits 18th with 12points and Tom Chilton sits 19th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues Sept. 21-23 at Sonoma, CA.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Fiesta driver Chris Duplessis holds the championship lead, enjoying a 17-point cushion. Fellow Ford drivers Ed McNelly (T-P3, -38),Verena Mei (P5, -44) and Dillon Van Way (P6, -45) remain in contention for third place in the final standings.
• The Rally America season concludes with Olympus Rally Sept. 22-23.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Enzo Potolicchio/Ryan Dalziel sit second in the championship standings with 254, 11 behind Memo Rojas/Scott Pruett (BMW).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings, 20 points behind Chevy
• The Rolex Series resumes Aug. 11 at Watkins Glen, NY