Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Aug. 31- Sept. 2. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. picked up his fourth victory of the season in Atlanta (NNS). Matt Kenseth finished ninth and Greg Biffle escaped Atlanta with the points lead thanks to a 15th place finish (NSC). Carl Edwards suffered a blown engine on lap 265, after running in the top-10 most of the day. The U.S. Nationals were postponed until next weekend due to rain.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth finished ninth as the only Ford Fusion in the top-10 at Atlanta.
• Greg Biffle kept his points lead with a 15th-place effort.
• Carl Edwards suffered engine trouble on lap 265, while running inside the top-10, dealing a significant blow to his Chase chances.
• Biffle keeps the championship points lead, enjoying an 8-point cushion over Dale Earnhardt Jr. Matt Kenseth sits third (-21). Carl Edwards (-159) sits 49 back of 10th
• Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth have clinched spots in The Chase.
• Edwards needs a victory and to pass Kyle Busch (12th) and Jeff Gordon (13th) to qualify. Edwards trails Gordon by 14 and Busch by 26.
• Marcos Ambrose, the only other Wild Card contender, will likely get into The Chase should he win at Richmond.
• The NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues at Richmond on Sept 9, the final event prior to The Chase cutoff.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won for the fourth time in 2012, taking the checkered flag at Atlanta. Michael Annett finished 10th.
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits second in the driver's championship, 12 points behind Elliott Sadler (Chevy). Michael Annett sits sixth (-144).
• The NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues Sept. 8 at Richmond
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – POSTPONED
• Rain postponed the U.S. Nationals, which were rescheduled for next weekend. The qualifying results that took place this weekend will not be used, and a full set of qualifying runs will take place next weekend.
• The NHRA Traxxas Nitro Shootout, a race-within-a-race bonus event at U.S. Nationals, was also rained out. Courtney Force, Robert Hight, John Force and Mike Neff, will represent Ford Racing in the event when it takes place on Saturday, September 8.
• Robert Hight was knocked off the top of the standings for the first time all season, and now trails Ron Capps by 53 points in second. Mike Neff sits fifth (-240), Courtney Force sits sixth (-345), John Force in eighth (-386) and Bob Tasca in 10th (-458) all currently hold a seat in the Countdown.
• Tasca’s lead over 11th place Matt Hagan is 19. Tim Wilkerson sits 12th, 28 back of Tasca for 10th.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car regular season concludes with the U.S. Nationals Sept. 8-9.
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers Mark Winterbottom sits second (-1) and Will Davidson third (-122) behind points leader Jamie Whincup (Holden).
• Ford Performance Racing leads the team championship by six points over TeamVodafone.
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues Sept 14-16 with the Dick Smith Sandown 500
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings, led by Petter Solberg in third with 104 points (-95) behind leader Sebastien Loeb (Citroen)
• The Ford World Rally Team sits in the manufacturer’s standings with 197 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 123.
• The WRC season continues Sept. 13-16 with Wales Rally GB
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust leads the championship standings with 62 points, 12 ahead of Samuel Hubinette. Brian Deegan sits third (-13), Marcus Gronholm fourth (-19), David Binks fifth (-20) and Ken Block sixth (-22)
• Ford leads the manufacturer’s standings with 134 points, a 49-point edge over Hyundai
• The 2012 schedule continues on Sept. 29 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
GRAND-AM CTSCC (MustangBoss302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Jack Roush Jr./Billy Johnson sit eighth in the standings behind David Empringham/John Farano (Porsche)
• James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit ninth in the ST standings behind Pierre Kleinubing (Mazda)
• Ford sits fourth in the GS manufacturer’s standings, 25 points behind Porsche.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes Sept. 8 at Laguna Seca.
Other Ford Racing Results
SCCA World Challenge GTS(Mustang Boss302S/Fiesta) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Justin Bell finished sixth in the points standings with 726, -545 behind leader Peter Cunningham (Acura)
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi finished second in the B-Spec standings with 651 points, 295 behind Jonathan Start (Honda).
• Ford finished second behind Acura (-14) for the lead in the GTS manufacturer standings and third in the B-Spec standings with 36 points, 31 behind Honda.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Ford is led by Austin Kimbrell in the championship standings for Pro Lite, he sits in third, 84 back of the leader
• Ford drivers own the top-two spots in the Pro 4 Unlimited standings. Kyle LeDuc leads Todd LeDuc by 23 points
• Ford drivers own spots 1-5 in the championship standings in Pro 2 Unlimited, led by Brian Deegan
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns Sept. 21-22, in Las Vegas.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Gittin holds a 25.5 point edge over second, while fellow Mustang driver Justin Pawlak sits 70 points back, in fourth.
• The Formula D schedule concludes at Irwindale, CA, on Oct. 12-13.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Ryan Dalziel sits second in the championship standings with 312 points, 18 behind Memo Rojas/Scott Pruett (BMW).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings, 20 points behind Chevy
• The Rolex Series resumes Sept. 7-9 at Laguna Seca, and only two events remain.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Foust sits second (-39) in the championship standings, behind the leader, Timur Timerzyanov (Citroen). Foust would have to win each of the final two events. Timerzyanov can claim the 2012 championship with a single point in either of the final two events.
• The ERC Schedule continues in Finland on Sept. 22.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash finished 15th and Tom Chilton 16th in both races during the Brazil stop
• James Nash sits 18th with 12points and Tom Chilton sits 19th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues Sept. 21-23 at Sonoma, CA.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Fiesta driver Chris Duplessis holds the championship lead, enjoying a 17-point cushion. Fellow Ford drivers Ed McNelly (T-P3, -38),Verena Mei (P5, -44) and Dillon Van Way (P6, -45) remain in contention for third place in the final standings.
• The Rally America season concludes with Olympus Rally Sept. 22-23.