NASCAR Sprint Cup (Fusion)
• Joey Logano was charging late after getting shuffled back during a restart in Atlanta, but came up just short in a second-place finish behind winner Kyle Busch (Toyota)
• Engine failure late in the race ruined what was looking like a strong day for Brad Keselowski. He led for 31 laps before his engine gave out. Ford led a total of 180 of the 324 laps, 78 by Logano, 68 by Carl Edwards, 31 by Keselowski and 1 each by Michael McDowell, Casey Mears and David Ragan.
• Carl Edwards sits third (-42) in the driver's championship standings and has clinched a spot in The Chase, Joey Logano sits 8th (-108) and Greg Biffle 9th (-110), 14 points ahead of 11th. Brad Keselowski sits 15th in the standings, 28 points back of 10th. He will likely need a victory and some help in Atlanta -- the final week of the regular season.
• Ford is 40 points back of Chevy in the manufacturer standings.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Joey Logano challenged for yet another victory but Kevin Harvick (Chevy) was able to hold he and several others off down the stretch in Atlanta.
• Sam Hornish Jr. finished third, Logano 6th and Trevor Bayne 7th as all three ran inside the top-10 most of the race.
• Sam Hornish Jr. kept the points lead, 10 ahead of Austin Dillon (Chevy). Trevor Bayne sits 9th (-71).
• Ford trails Toyota by two points for the manufacturer's championship lead.
NHRA Funny Car (Mustang) -- FORD VICTORY
• Robert Hight came up with a dominant weekend with a spot in The Countdown on the line, winning the U.S. Nationals, the sixth-consecutive victory at the U.S. Nationals for Ford and John Force Racing.
• Hight beat Jack Beckman (Dodge) in the finals. Tim Wilkerson made it two Ford Mustangs in the semis, but fell to Beckman.
• John Force finished the regular season in fourth, Courtney Force in 7th, Tim Wilkerson in 8th, Robert Hight in 9th. Worsham's semifinal run and Bob Tasca's first-round exit pushed him into 11th, missing the Countdown cutoff by four points.
• Ford leads the manufacturer standings by 80 points over Dodge (Updated: 8/26).