Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
- Matt Kenseth led 110 laps but was held off by Dodge's Brad Keselowski for the win in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Kenseth finished sixth, followed by fellow Ford drivers Carl Edwards (P9) and Marcos Ambrose (P10) in the top-10.
- Kenseth and Edwards clinched spots in the Chase, and sit in third (-32) and fourth (-35) respectively. A.J. Allmendinger moved up to 14th, but trails 10th-place Tony Stewart by 46 points with just two events remaining before the Chase.
- Ford sits in second in the manufacturer's standings with 134 points, 19 points back of Chevrolet (153)
- The NASCAR Sprint Cup series returns on Sunday, Sept. 4, at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
- Carl Edwards paced the Blue Oval drivers in the Food City 250, crossing the line in fourth behind winner Kyle Busch.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished 11th and Trevor Bayne 13th.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. remains atop the driver’s standings with 867 points, five ahead of Elliott Sadler. Trevor Bayne sits 11th (-268).
- Ford slips to second in the manufacturer’s championship (146 points), four points behind Toyota (150).
- The NASCAR Nationwide series returns Sept 3, in Atlanta.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
- Mike Neff (1,184 points) remains atop the standings, followed by Robert Hight (-141) in second, John Force in seventh (-326), Tim Wilkerson (-417) in eighth and Bob Tasca III (-439) in 10th. Tasca leads Johnny Gray by 62 points for the final spot in the Championship Countdown with one race remaining in the regular season.
- The NHRA Funny Car series returns Aug. 31-Sept. 5 for the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
- Mikko Hirvonen sits third in the driverWorld Rally Championship ’s championship standings, 36 points behind Sebastian Loeb. Jari-Matti Latvala currently sits fourth in the standings (-96).
- The World Rally Championship returns on Sept. 8-11 with Rally Australia
GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (Mustang Boss 302R) – NO RACE
- Roush drivers Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. sit in second, just 16 points shy of first.
- The Grand-Am CTSCC returns September 16-17 for the Emco Gears Classic at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
Global RallyCross Championship (Fiesta/Focus) – SEASON COMPLETE
- Tanner Foust clinched the Global RallyCross Championship, SuperRally Championship and Overall Championship at X Games 17.
Other Ford Racing results-- Technical Support/No Sponsorship:
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak were both eliminated in the round of 16 in Round 6 of the Formula Drift 2011 season.
- Justin Pawlak sits in second, just 18.75 points back of first in the standings with one event remaining.
- The final round of the 2011 season is scheduled for Oct. 7-8, in Irwindale, CA.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang)
- Mustangs finished 2-5 in round 9 at Infineon Raceway, including points leader Paul Brown (2nd) who extended his points lead over fellow Mustang driver Eric Foss (-185).
- Round 10 results were not available at the time of this report.
- Round 11 of the SCCA World Challenge is scheduled for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Sept. 16-18.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
- The Grand-Am Rolex series returns September 16-17 for the Emco Gears Classic at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
- The NHRA Pro Stock series returns Aug. 31-Sept. 5 for the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis.
RallyCar Rally America (Fiesta) – SEASON COMPLETE
- Dillon Van Way was the highest finishing Ford Fiesta taking second in the 2011 2WD championship. Ford RallyCar winners in 2011 were Dillion Van Way (Sno*Drift) and Chris Duplessis (New England Forest Rally).