DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Aug. 10-12. A Ford Racing sweep at Watkins Glen this weekend: Carl Edwards (NNS), Marcos Ambrose (NSC) and Ryan Dalziel/Lucas Luhr (GRAND-AM Rolex) won races at The Glenn - watch the exciting finish of Ambrose’s victory at http://ow.ly/cV4Ja
.Tanner Foust claimed 6th in Holland (ERC). NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Marcos Ambrose made it back-to-back wins at The Glen to claim his second career Sprint Cup victory
• In a race that had more twists and turns over the final three laps than many can remember in recent years, Ambrose was the one who survived a massive streak of oil that had been laid down on the track, allowing him to pass Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski for Ford’s third win of the season. Ambrose began the final lap in third place, before battling for a win all the way through the final turn (WATCH: http://ow.ly/cV4Ja
• Greg Biffle (P6) and Matt Kenseth (P8) also scored top-10 finishes, and are now within inches of claiming a spot in The Chase.
• Biffle is second in championship points, one behind Jimmie Johnson and Kenseth sits third (-2) Edwards sits 12th, 43 back of 10th.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues at Michigan on Aug 19, with just four events remaining prior to The Chase cutoff. NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Carl Edwards won his 2012 Nationwide debut by holding off Brad Keselowski in the final laps to win the Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished fourth and Michael Annett 11th.
• It was the first NNS win at Watkins Glen for owner Jack Roush and the ninth victory for Edwards in a Mustang.
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits second in the driver's championship, 13 points behind Elliott Sadler (Chevy). Michael Annett sits sixth (-109).
• The NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues Aug 18 at Montreal.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championship with 1143 points, Mike Neff sits fifth (933).Courtney Force sixth (851), John Force ninth (746), Bob Tasca III in 10th (739) and Tim Wilkerson 12th (662)
• Wilkerson is 77 points back of 10th. Tasca has a 62 point lead on Matt Hagan for the 10th and final spot in the Countdown.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues at Brainerd on Aug. 16-19, with only two events left before the Countdown begins.
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
\• Mark Winterbottom sits second (-82) and Will Davidson third (-176) behind points leader Jamie Whincup (Holden).
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues Aug 25-26 in Sydney.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings, led by Petter Solberg in third with 104 points (-67) behind leader Sebastien Loeb (Citroen)
• The Ford World Rally Team sits in the manufacturer’s standings with 171 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 109.
• The WRC season continues Aug. 24-26 with Rallaye Deutschland.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust leads the championship standings with 62 points, 12 ahead of Samuel Hubinette. Brian Deegan sits third (-13), Marcus Gronholm fourth (-19), David Binks fifth (-20) and Ken Block sixth (-22)
• Ford leads the manufacturer’s standings with 134 points, a 49-point edge over Hyundai
• The 2012 schedule continues on Sept. 1, at an as yet announced location.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (MustangBoss302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Jack Roush Jr./Billy Johnson sit eighth in the standings behind David Empringham/John Farano (Porsche)
• James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit ninth in the ST standings behind Pierre Kleinubing (Mazda)
• Ford sits fourth in the GS manufacturer’s standings, 25 points behind Porsche.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes Sept. 8 at Laguna Seca.
Other Ford Racing Results
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• Ryan Dalziel and new co-driver Lucas Luhr picked up a second-consecutive victory for Starworks Motorsport by claiming the checkered flag at Watkins Glen. Alex Popow and Sebastien Bourdais made it a 1-2 Starworks finish.
• Ryan Dalziel sits second in the championship standings with 289 points, 6 behind Memo Rojas/Scott Pruett (BMW).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings, 13 points behind Chevy
• The Rolex Series resumes Sept. 7-9 in Montreal
European RallyCross (Fiesta)
• Tanner Foust finished sixth in Holland behind race winner and points leader Timur Timerzyanov (Citroen)
• Foust sits second (-39) in the championship standings, behind the leader, Timur Timerzyanov (Citroen). Foust would have to win each of the final two events. Timerzyanov can claim the 2012 championship with a single point in either of the final two events.
• The ERC Schedule continues in Finland on Sept. 22.
SCCA World Challenge GTS(Mustang Boss302S/Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell sits sixth in the points standings with 726, -524 behind leader Peter Cunningham (Acura)
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits second in the B-Spec standings with 651 points, 41 behind Jonathan Start (Fiatt).
• Ford sits second behind Acura (-12) for the lead in the GTS manufacturer standings with 49 points and third in the B-Spec standings with 32 points, 13 behind Honda.
• The SCCA schedule concludes on Aug. 24 at Sonoma.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Ford is led by Austin Kimbrell in the championship standings for Pro Lite, he sits in fourth, 80 back of the leader (Not updated at time of report).
• Ford drivers own spots 1-4 in the Pro 4 Unlimited standings, led by Kyle LeDuc in first with 396 points(Not updated at time of report).
• Ford drivers own spots 1-5 in the championship standings in Pro 2 Unlimited, led by Marty Hart (348 points) (Not updated at time of report).
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns Aug. 25-26 at Wild West Motorsports Park in Sparks, NV.
Formula Drift (Mustang) - NO RACE
• Gittin holds a 7.5 point edge over second, while fellow Mustang driver Justin Pawlak sits 15 points back in third.
• The Formula D schedule continues Aug. 24-25, in Las Vegas.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash finished 15th and Tom Chilton 16th in both races during the Brazil stop
• James Nash sits 18th with 12points and Tom Chilton sits 19th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues Sept. 21-23 at Sonoma, CA.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Fiesta driver Chris Duplessis holds the championship lead, enjoying a 17-point cushion. Fellow Ford drivers Ed McNelly (T-P3, -38),Verena Mei (P5, -44) and Dillon Van Way (P6, -45) remain in contention for third place in the final standings.
• The Rally America season concludes with Olympus Rally Sept. 22-23.