Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for June 1 - 3, 2012. Chris Duplessis won the 2WD class at Rally America STPR. Matt Kenseth led four Fusions in the top-11 at Dover (Sprint Cup). Michael Annett paced the Mustangs in Dover (NNS). Tanner Foust finished second in Hungary (ERC). Justin Pawlak’s winning streak came to an end at PBIR with a fourth-place finish (Formula Drift). Courtney Force and Robert Hight each fell in the semifinals in Englishtown (NHRA Funny Car). Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio retained the championship lead after Grand-Am’s visit to Belle Isle.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth finished third to pace four Ford Fusions in the top-11 behind race winner Jimmie Johnson (Chevy) at Dover.
• Kenseth was joined by Aric Almirola (P6), Marcos Ambrose (P10) and Greg Biffle (P11) in the top-11.
• Greg Biffle remains atop the points standings with 486, 1 in front of Matt Kenseth who sits second. Carl Edwards is 12th, 96 points back of Biffle.
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 67 points, trailing Chevy by 24 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues at Pocono on June 10.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Michael Annett was the top-finishing Ford (p11) behind race winner Joey Logano (Toyota).
• Following an early crash, Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s day came to an end after only 119 laps, finishing 32nd.
• Stenhouse Jr. slipped into second, 12 points back of leader Elliott Sadler (Chevy). Michael Annett (-90) sits in seventh.
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 65 points, trailing Toyota by 14 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Michigan International Speedway on June 16.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Courtney Force and Robert Hight each reached the semifinals in Englishtown, but neither reached the finals.
• For the first time in NHRA history, only two teams were represented after the first round (John Force Racing and Schumacher racing). Each had four cars alive in round 2.
• Hight led the Ford qualifying effort (P2), followed by Wilkerson (p4), Neff (p7), Tasca (p10), John Force (p11), and Courtney Force (p13)
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championship with 857 points, Mike Neff sits third (-242). Bob Tasca III sits seventh (-406). John Force sits eighth (-419) and Courtney Force in 9th (-428). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P11 (-505)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 2,580 points, holding a 1,680 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues June 15-17 at Bristol Dragway
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Marcus Gronholm leads the championship standings with 22 points, three in front of fellow Fiesta driver Tanner Foust in second.
• Ford nearly swept the podium, but Toomas Heikkenen was black flagged near the end of the race.
• The 2012 schedule continues June 9 at Texas Motor Speedway
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings. Ostberg sits third (-39), Solberg (-46) in fourth and Latvala (-74) fifth
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 45.
• The WRC season continues May 25-27 with Acropolis Rally
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Focus ST-R drivers James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit in 8th with 67 points, 31 behind Andy Lally/Nic Jonsson (KIA)
• Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. sit sixth in the driver’s standings with 80 points, 35 back of Charles Espenlaub/Charles Putman (BMW)
• Ford sits third in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, 16 behind BMW
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes June 8-9 at Mid-Ohio.
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
• Will Davison leads the points standings with 1,216, enjoying a 10-point lead over second, and 29 ahead of fellow Ford Mark Winterbottom who sits third.
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues with the SkyCity Triple Crown on June 15-17
Other Ford Racing Results
Formula Drift (Mustang)
• Justin Pawlak finished fourth and Vaughn Gittin Jr. fell to Pawlak in the round of eight in Round 3 at Palm Beach International Raceway
• Pawlak holds a 20.5 points edge over second. Gittin Jr. sits in ninth, 111 points back.
• The Formula D schedule continues June 22-23 in Wall, NJ.
Rally America (Fiesta)
• Chris Duplessis won yet again at Susquehannock Trail Rally, claiming victory in the 2WD class.
• Duplessis sits second in the standings, seven back of the leader, and Dillon Van Way is in P4, 22 points back, while Verena Mei checks in at P5, 28 points back. (official standings not updated at the time of this report)
• The Rally America season continues with New England Forest Rally on July 13-14.
European RallyCross (Fiesta)
• Tanner Foust finished second in Hungary
• Foust sits sixth in the championship standings (official standings not updated at the time of this report)
• The ERC Schedule continues in Norway on June 23
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• John Pew/Ozz Negri paced the Ford DP pilots with a 5th place finish at Belle Isle
• Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio sit atop the standings with 142 points, enjoying a one-point lead over Darren Law in second. Pew/Negri sit tied for third, four points back.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings with 147, five points back of Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes June 8-9 at Mid-Ohio
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S/Fiesta)
• Aaron Povoledo led the Mustangs in Round 6 with a third-place finish and Jason vonKluge led the Mustangs with a fourth-place finish in Round 7. Action took place this weekend in Detroit.
• Justin Bell sits third in the points standings with 678, 154 behind leader Andy Lee (Chevy)
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits third in the B-Spec standings with 327 points, 62 behind Jonathan Start
• Ford sits second in the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 39 points, five behind Acura.
• The SCCA schedule resumes June 22 at Mosport International Raceway for Rounds 8-9.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus)
• Tom Chilton finished 16th in the first race and 15th in the second in Portugal
• James Nash sits 16th with 12 points and Tom Chilton sits 18th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues July 21-22 in Brazil
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Raptor and F-150 driver Brian Deegan sits third in Pro2 Unlimited (-22) and 21st in Pro Lite Unlimited (-130) (Not updated at the time of this report)
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited standings by 24 (not updated at the time of this report)
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns June 23-24 for Rounds 7 and 8 at Miller Motorsports Park.