Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
- Carl Edwards, driver of the No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion, finished second at the Showtime Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. Edwards had a two-second lead with 10 laps to go, but was edged by Regan Smith on a green-white-checker finish.
- Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 3M Ford Fusion, finished eighth to give Ford two drivers in the top-10.
Carl Edwards extended his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points lead to 23 over Jimmy Johnson. Matt Kenseth fell to 10th (-83), A.J. Allmendinger (-91) remains in 11th and Greg Biffle (-92) moved into 12th.
- The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will return at Dover International Speedway on May 15
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
- Kyle Busch led four times for 49 laps en route to his fifth win of the season in the Royal Purple 200.
- Carl Edwards led twice for 20 laps and was following Busch on lap 96 when an eight-car accident damaged the No. 60 Ford Mustang, ending Edwards' chances at a win. He missed out on a top-10 finish when he blew a tire and hit the wall in the closing laps.
- Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. finished 10th, Chris Buescher (subbing for Trevor Bayne) finished 17th and Edwards finished 20th.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. maintained his fifth-place rank in the point standings with his seventh top-10 run of the season and trails leader Justin Allgaier by 24 points. Despite missing the last two races, Trevor Bayne joins him in the top-10 at No. 9.
- The Nationwide Series will return at Dover International Speedway on May 14.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
- Mikko Hirvonen finished second (+00:11.2) at the Rally of Italy, behind Sebastien Loeb.
- Mads Ostberg took fifth (+2:42.6), Ott Taenak (+7:10.9) finished seventh and Matthew Wilson gave Ford four drivers in the top-10, claiming ninth (+8:00.4).
- Hirvonen currently sits second in the drivers’ championship with 93 points, behind Loeb (100 pts) after five races.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
- NO RACE -- NHRA Funny Car Series will return May 13 – 15 with the Summit NHRA Southern Nationals at Atlanta, GA.
Global RallyCross Championship (Fiesta/Focus)
- NO RACE – The Global RallyCross Championship returns Jun 17-18 at Pikes Peak International Raceway with Round Three of the 2011 Championship.
GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (Mustang)
- NO RACE - The GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge returns May 13- 14 for the Bosch Engineering 200 at Virginia International Raceway.
Other Ford Racing results-- Technical Support/No Sponsorship:
Formula Drift (Mustang)
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. driver of the Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang and Justin Pawlak driver of the Falken Tire Ford Mustang each advanced to the round of eight at the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta. Gittin Jr. was defeated by eventual winner Daijiro Yoshihara (Nissan) and Pawlak lost to eventual runner up Darren McNamara (Saturn).
- Pawlak is second in the championship after two rounds, thirty points behind leader Yoshihara. Gittin Jr., the defending champion, is 21st overall.
- Formula Drift will return to action June 3-4 at Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida.
RallyCar Rally America
- NO RACE -- RallyCar will return with the Oregon Trail Rally May 13-15.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
- NO RACE -- NHRA Pro Stock returns May 13 – 15 with the Summit NHRA Southern Nationals at Atlanta, GA.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series
- NO RACE -- The GRAND-AM Rolex Series returns May 13-14 for the Bosch Engineering 250 at Virginia International Raceway.