Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for May 4 - 6, 2012. Robert Hight reached the finals in Atlanta (NHRA), but couldn’t keep John Force Racing’s win streak alive, falling to Ron Capps. Four Ford drivers finished in the top-10 at Talladega (NASCR), led by Matt Kenseth (P3) and points leader Greg Biffle (P5). Ricky Stenhouse Jr. took over the NASCAR Nationwide points lead with a third-place finish at Talladega.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• John Force Racing’s win streak was finally snapped at six to start 2012, when Robert Hight lost to Ron Capps in the finals in Atlanta.
• Hight and Courtney Force were the only Ford drivers to advance past the opening round, but the two Blue Ovals met in the second.
• Robert Hight claimed the top-qualifying spot to lead the Ford effort, in front of Bob Tasca III (P3), Tim Wilkerson (P5), Courtney Force (P9), John Force (P13) and Daniel Wilkerson (P15). Mike Neff failed to qualify.
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championshp with 702 points, Mike Neff sits second (-203). Bob Tasca III sits seventh (-344). John Force sits eighth (-348) and Courtney Force in 10th (-382). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P13 (-450)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 1,920 points, holding a 1,240 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues May 4-6 at Atlanta Dragway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth lost Greg Biffle on the final green-white-checker restart to break up two of the most dominant cars at Talladega, but the two Ford drivers settled into third and fifth respectively. They were joined by David Ragan (P7) and Trevor Bayne (P8) in the top-10.
• Penske Racing's Brad Keslowski (Dodge) passed Kenseth and Biffle on the final lap to take the win.
• Greg Biffle remains atop the points standings with 378, seven in front of Matt Kenseth who sits second. Carl Edwards checks in at P11 (-78).
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 53 points, trailing Chevy by 10 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Darlington on May 12.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished third at Talladega behind race winner Joey Logano (Toyota), taking over the points lead in the process.
• Stenhouse Jr. holds a five-point edge over Elliott Sadler for the championship lead with 325 points. Michael Annett checked in at P6 with 241 points (-84).
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 44 points, trailing Chevy by six points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Darlington on May 11.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 73 points (-18), Mads Ostberg sits fourth with 68 points (-23).
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 45.
• The WRC season continues May 25-27 with Acropolis Rally
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Focus ST-R drivers James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit in 16th with 39 points, 53 behind Andy Lally/Nic Jonsson
• Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. sit fifth in the driver’s standings with 89 points, 17 back of Matt Plumb/Nick Longhi.
• Ford sits third in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 83 points, seven behind BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes May 11-13 at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta)
•Fiesta drivers Ed McNeily finished third and Verena Mei finished fourth in the 2WD class at Oregon Trail Rally behind race winner Will Orders (Nissan)
•Dillon Van Way was forced to retire due to mechanical issues.
• Updated championship standings were not available at the time of this report.
• The Rally America season continues with Susquehannock Trail Rally on June 1-2.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus)
• James Nash finished 11th and Tom Chilton 15th in the first race in Hungary
• Chilton finished 14th and Nash 19th in the second event of the weekend.
• James Nash sits 17th with 10 points and Tom Chilton sits 18th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues May 19-20 in Austria.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S/Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell has 475 points, 38 in front of Peter Cunningham.
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits third in the B-Spec standings with 327 points, 62 behind Jonathan Start
• Ford leads the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 25 points, six in front of Acura.
• The SCCA schedule resumes with the Monterey Grand Prix on May 10.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust is tied atop the championship standings with Mats Lysen at 24 points.
• The ERC Schedule continues in Australia on June 26.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio sit in a tie for second with fellow Ford drivers Alex Popow/Lucas Luhr with 85 points, two back of the leaders (Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas). Fellow Ford drivers Oz Negri/John Pew climbed into fifth with 82 points.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings with 91, five points back of Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes May 11-13 at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) - NO RACE
• Raptor and F-150 driver Brian Deegan sits third in Pro2 Unlimited (-22) and 21st in Pro Lite Unlimited (-130)
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited standings by 24
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns May 19-20 at Surprise, AZ for rounds 5 and 6.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Mustang GT driver Justin Pawlak leads the championship standings by 12 points over Daijiro Yoshihara. Mustang driver Vaughn Gittin Jr. sits 17th, 76 points back of Pawlak.
• The Formula Drift schedule continues May 11-12 at Road Atlanta.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.