Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
- David Ragan, driver of the No. 6 Fusion finished second to lead three Ford drivers in the top six at the Coke 600 at Charlotte Sunday.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. ran out of gas on the final lap, allowing Kevin Harvick to take the checkered flag as gas mileage played a big part late in deciding the longest race of the season.
- AJ Allmendinger finished fifth and Marcos Ambrose sixth for RPM. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished 11th in his Cup debut with the Wood Bros., subbing for Trevor Bayne.
- Six different Ford drivers led multiple laps. Of the 402 laps completed, Ford led 244. Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth combined to lead 164 of those laps.
- Carl Edwards owns a 36-point lead in the Sprint Cup standings over Kevin Harvick. Matt Kenseth dropped one spot to seventh and Greg Biffle moved up to 11th.
- The NASCAR Sprint Cup series returns next weekend for the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
- Matt Kenseth passed Carl Edwards with three laps remaining to win the Top Gear 300. Kenseth, subbing for Trevor Bayne in the No. 16 Fastenal Ford Mustang, had never raced in the new generation Nationwide Mustang.
- It was Kenseth’s 26th career victory in the series and extended the Roush Fenway Nationwide win streak to three. The Mustang now has five wins this season in 13 Nationwide Series events.
- Edwards finished second and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished fourth.
- Stenhouse Jr. sits just one point back of points leader Elliott Sadler.
- The NASCAR Nationwide series returns next weekend for the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway.
GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (Mustang Boss 302R)
- Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. picked up a fourth-consecutive podium with a third-place finish at Lime Rock.
- Scott Maxwell and Joe Foster crossed the finish line fifth. They currently sit in second in the points standings (-27) behind Bill Auberlen/Paul Dalla Lana (BMW).
- The Grand-Am CTSCC returns next week for the Continental Tire 150 at Watkins Glen.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
- Mikko Hirvonen finished second at Rally Argentina, 2.4 seconds behind winner Sebastian Loeb.
- Hirvonen sits in second (-13) behind Loeb in the championship standings.
- The World Rally Championship returns on June 16-19 in Greece.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
- The NHRA Funny Car series will return for the NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown on June 2-5.
Global RallyCross Championship (Fiesta/Focus) – NO RACE
- The Global RallyCross Championship returns Jun 17-18 at Pikes Peak International Raceway with Round Three of the 2011 Championship.
Other Ford Racing results-- Technical Support/No Sponsorship:
GRAND-AM Rolex Series
- Ford-powered drivers Ozz Negri and John Pew finished second, while Ryan Dalziel and Mike Forest placed third at Lime Rock.
- The GRAND-AM Rolex Series returns next week for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen at Watkins Glen.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
- The NHRA Pro Stock series will return for the NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown on June 2-5.
RallyCar Rally America – NO RACE
- RallyCar returns on June 3-4, for the Susquehannock Trail Rally.
SCCA World Challenge GTS – NO RACE
- Round 7/8 of the SCCA World Challenge is scheduled for Mid-Ohio August 5-7.