Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for May 25 - 27, 2012. Marcus Gronholm and Tanner Foust made it a 1-2 Fiesta finish in the GRC opener at Charlotte. Sprint Cup points leader Greg Biffle led three Ford drivers in the top-10 in Charlotte. NNS points leader Ricky Stenhouse Jr. suffered mechanical issues at Charlotte, but held onto his points lead. Fiestas finished 3-5 in Rally Acropolis.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Greg Biffle (p4) led three Ford drivers in the top-10 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, joined by Carl Edwards (P9) and Matt Kenseth (P10), behind race winner Kasey Kahne.
• Aric Almirola and Marcos Ambrose led an all-Richard Petty Motorsports front row to start the race. The two combined to lead 23 laps in the event.
• Biffle led a race-best 204 laps.
• Greg Biffle remains atop the points standings with 453, 10 in front of Matt Kenseth who sits second. Carl Edwards is 10th, 81 points back of Biffle.
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 61 points, trailing Chevy by 20 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues at Dover on June 3
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Michael Annett was the top-finishing Ford (p14) behind race winner Brad Keselowski.
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr., the championship leader, suffered mechanical issues and finished 26th.
• Stenhouse Jr. holds a 13-point edge over Elliott Sadler for the championship lead with 412 points. Michael Annett checked in at P7 with 331 points (-99).
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 59 points, trailing Toyota by 8 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Dover on June 2.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta)
• Marcus Gronholm took the pole and victory in the season opener at Charlotte Motor Speedway, edging fellow Ford driver Tanner Foust, who finished second.
• Ford nearly swept the podium, but Toomas Heikkenen was black flagged near the end of the race.
• The 2012 schedule continues June 9 at Texas Motor Speedway
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Fiesta drivers Jari-Matti Latvala finished third, Mads Ostberg fourth, and Martin Prokop fifth in Rally Acropolis behind event winner and points leader Sebastien Loeb.
• Petter Solberg sat in second and was challenging for the lead on the final day, before mechanical issues ended his push.
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings. Ostberg sits third (-39), Solberg (-46) in fourth and Latvala (-74) fifth
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 45.
• The WRC season continues May 25-27 with Acropolis Rally
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championship with 775 points, Mike Neff sits third (-218). Bob Tasca III sits seventh (-356). John Force sits eighth (-389) and Courtney Force in 9th (-417). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P11 (-448)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 2,300 points, holding a 1,560 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues May 31-June 3 in Englishtown, NJ.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Focus ST-R drivers James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit in 8th with 67 points, 31 behind Andy Lally/Nic Jonsson (KIA)
• Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. sit sixth in the driver’s standings with 80 points, 35 back of Charles Espenlaub/Charles Putman (BMW)
• Ford sits third in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, 16 behind BMW
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes June 1-2 at Belle Isle.
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
• Will Davison leads the points standings with 1,216, enjoying a 10-point lead over second, and 29 ahead of fellow Ford Mark Winterbottom who sits third.
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues with the SkyCity Triple Crown on June 15-17
Other Ford Racing Results
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Raptor and F-150 driver Brian Deegan sits third in Pro2 Unlimited (-22) and 21st in Pro Lite Unlimited (-130) (Not updated at the time of this report)
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited standings by 24 (not updated at the time of this report)
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns June 23-24 for Rounds 7 and 8 at Miller Motorsports Park.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio sit atop the standings with 117 points, enjoying a four-point lead over second. John Pew and Ozz negri sit third (-5) and Alex Popow/Lucas Luhr (-7) sit fourth.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings with 123, eight points back of Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes June 1-2 at Belle Isle.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S/Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell sits third in the points standings with 526, 76 behind Peter Cunningham
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits third in the B-Spec standings with 327 points, 62 behind Jonathan Start
• Ford sits second in the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 31 points, one behind Acura.
• The SCCA schedule resumes June 1 at Belle Isle
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Justin Pawlak made it 2-for-2 so far in 2012, claiming victory at Road Atlanta, his fourth career victory.
• Pawlak holds a 51.5 points edge over Daigo Saito in second.
• The Formula D schedule continues June 1-2 at Palm Beach.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis sits second in the standings, seven back of the leader, and Dillon Van Way is in P4, 22 points back, while Verena Mei checks in at P5, 28 points back.
• The Rally America season continues with Susquehannock Trail Rally on June 1-2.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash sits 17th with 10 points and Tom Chilton sits 18th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues June 2-3 in Portugal
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust is tied atop the championship standings with Mats Lysen at 24 points.
• The ERC Schedule continues in Australia on June 26.