Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for May 11 - 13, 2012. Matt Kenseth led three Ford drivers in the top-10 at Darlington with a sixth-place finish, (Sprint Cup). Biffle, Kenseth sit 1-2 in NSC points standings. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. extended his points lead with a sixth-place finish at Darlington (NNS). Justin Pawlak won his second straight Formula Drift event to open 2012. Focus ST-R finishes a season-best fourth at New Jersey.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth led three Ford drivers in the top-10 with a sixth-place finish behind race winner Jimmie Johnson (Chevy). Carl Edwards (P7) and Marcos Ambrose (P9) joined him in the top-10.
• Points leader Greg Biffle led the second-most laps with 74 but slipped back on the final restart.
• Greg Biffle remains atop the points standings with 411, two in front of Matt Kenseth who sits second. Carl Edwards moved into 10th, 74 points back of Biffle.
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 57 points, trailing Chevy by 15 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup looks ahead to the All-Star festivities in Charlotte on May 19.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished sixth at Darlington but enjoyed a great points day behind race winner Joey Logano (Toyota).
• Stenhouse Jr. holds a 23-point edge over Elliott Sadler for the championship lead with 364 points. Michael Annett checked in at P6 with 271 points (-93).
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 47 points, trailing Chevy by 10 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Iowa on May 20.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R)
• Shelby Blackstock/Jade Buford led the Mustang contingent in the GS class with a eighth-place finish.
• James Gue/Gunnar Jeanette drove the Focus ST-R to a season-best fourth-place finish in the ST series.
• Focus ST-R drivers James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit in 16th with 39 points, 53 behind Andy Lally/Nic Jonsson (not updated at time of report)
• Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. sit fifth in the driver’s standings with 89 points, 17 back of Matt Plumb/Nick Longhi (Not updated at time of report)
• Ford sits third in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 83 points, seven behind BMW (Not updated at time of report)
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes June 1-2 at Belle Isle Park.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championshp with 702 points, Mike Neff sits second (-203). Bob Tasca III sits seventh (-344). John Force sits eighth (-348) and Courtney Force in 10th (-382). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P13 (-450)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 1,920 points, holding a 1,240 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues May 4-6 at Atlanta Dragway.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 73 points (-18), Mads Ostberg sits fourth with 68 points (-23).
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 45.
• The WRC season continues May 25-27 with Acropolis Rally
Other Ford Racing Results
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio (P2) and Oz Negri/John Pew (P3) both finished on the podium at New Jersey
• Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio sit in a tie for second with fellow Ford drivers Alex Popow/Lucas Luhr with 85 points, two back of the leaders (Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas). Fellow Ford drivers Oz Negri/John Pew climbed into fifth with 82 points (Not updated at time of report)
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings with 91, five points back of Chevy (not updated at time of report)
• The Rolex series resumes June 1-2 at Belle Isle.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S/Fiesta)
• Aaron Pavoledo led the Mustangs with a third-place finish.
• Justin Bell sits third in the points standings with 526, 76 behind Peter Cunningham
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits third in the B-Spec standings with 327 points, 62 behind Jonathan Start
• Ford sits second in the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 31 points, one behind Acura.
• The SCCA schedule resumes June 1 at Belle Isle
Formula Drift (Mustang)
• Justin Pawlak made it 2-for-2 so far in 2012, claiming victory at Road Atlanta, his fourth career victory.
• Pawlak holds a 51.5 points edge over Daigo Saito in second.
• The Formula D schedule continues June 1-2 at Palm Beach.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
•Fiesta drivers Ed McNeily finished third and Verena Mei finished fourth in the 2WD class at Oregon Trail Rally behind race winner Will Orders (Nissan)
•Dillon Van Way was forced to retire due to mechanical issues.
• Updated championship standings were not available at the time of this report.
• The Rally America season continues with Susquehannock Trail Rally on June 1-2.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash sits 17th with 10 points and Tom Chilton sits 18th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues May 19-20 in Austria.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust is tied atop the championship standings with Mats Lysen at 24 points.
• The ERC Schedule continues in Australia on June 26.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) - NO RACE
• Raptor and F-150 driver Brian Deegan sits third in Pro2 Unlimited (-22) and 21st in Pro Lite Unlimited (-130)
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited standings by 24
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns May 19-20 at Surprise, AZ for rounds 5 and 6.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.