Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for April 6 - 8, 2012.Justin Pawlak and Falken Tire 2013 Ford Mustang kicked off the 2012 Formula Drift season with victory on the streets of Long Beach.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Robert Hight leads with 399 points, Mike Neff sits second (-83) and John Force sits fifth (-182). Bob Tasca III climbed into sixth (-191) and Courtney Force sits seventh (-208).
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues April 13-15 at zMAX Dragway in Charlotte, NC.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion) – NO RACE
• Greg Biffle remained atop the points standings with 226, six in front of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Matt Kenseth sits tied for third (-12) and Carl Edwards (-47) sits 11th.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Texas Motor Speedway on April 14.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 62 points (-4) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits sixth with 28 points (-38).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 96 points (-12).
• The WRC season continues April 27-29 with Rally Argentina.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Johnson/Roush Jr. sit 12th in the GS standings (-13).
• Gue/Jeannette sit 44th in the ST series with 17 points (-48)
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Elliott Sadler leads the championship standings with 214, in front of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (-18) in second and Trevor Bayne (-34) in fourth.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Texas Motor Speedway on April 13.
Other Ford Racing Results
Formula Drift (Mustang)
• Justin Pawlak and Falken Tire 2013 Ford Mustang kicked off the 2012 Formula Drift season with victory on the streets of Long Beach.
• For Pawlak it marked the second straight year he has won at Long Beach and for Mustang it was the third straight win in the season opening event.
• Vaughn Gittin Jr. qualified third, but was upset in the opening round.
• The Formula Drift schedule continues May 11-12 at Road Atlanta.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) -- Delayed
•Timing issues delayed the opening round of Tanner Foust and the 2012 European RallyCross season.
• Foust and his Fiesta were fastest during the practice sessions.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Dalziel/Potolicchio lead the drivers’ standings with 60 points, two ahead of fellow Ford drivers John Pew/Ozz Negri in second.
• Ford (63 points) currently holds a 2-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Next up for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is April 21-22 at Lake Elsinore, CA.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell now has 157 points, and leads the championship standings by 10. Jason von Kluge sits in fourth (-56).
• Round 3 takes place in the streets of Long Beach on April 13.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2WD championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the overall championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.