Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for April 20 - 22, 2012. Matt Kenseth paced three Ford drivers in the top-10 at Kansas Speedway in NASCAR Sprint Cup action. Greg Biffle remains atop the Sprint Cup points standings. Brian Deegan won Round 3 in both the Pro2 Unlimited and Pro Lite Unlimited and Kyle Leduc won Rounds 3 and 4 in Pro 4 Unlimited in Lucas Oil Off Road Racing action.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle ran among the leaders for most of the afternoon and settled in for top-five finishes at Kansas Speedway behind race winner Denny Hamlin (Toyota). Kenseth (P4) and Biffle (P5) were joined by Carl Edwards (P9) in the top-10.
• Greg Biffle remains atop the points standings with 312, 15 in front of Martin Truex Jr. Matt Kenseth sits third (-17) and Carl Edwards sits 9th (-61)
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 46 points, trailing Chevy by eight points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Kansas Speedway on April 22.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has closed the gap in the championship standings, and now sits just four points back of Elliott Sadler. Michael Annett sits in fifth place.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 34 points, trailing Chevy by six points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Richmond International Raceway on April 27.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Robert Hight leads with 520 points, Mike Neff sits second (-148) and John Force sits fifth (-228). Bob Tasca III sits eighth (-258) and Courtney Force in ninth (-307). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P13 (-360)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 1,600 points, holding a 1,100 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues April 27-29 in Houston, TX.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) –NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 62 points (-4) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits sixth with28 points (-38).
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 96 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 12.
• The WRC season continues April 27-29 with Rally Argentina.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Johnson/Roush Jr. sit 12thin the GS standings (-13).
• Gue/Jeannette sit 44thin the ST series with 17 points (-48)
• Ford sits second in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 57 points, five behind BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL
Other Ford Racing Results
Off-Road Racing (Trucks)
• Brian Deegan swept Round 3 on Saturday of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series winning in Pro Lite Unlimited and Pro 2 Unlimited in his F-150 SVT Raptor.
• Deegan finished fifth in Pro 2 Unlimited and 15th, a lap back, in Pro Lite Unlimited in Round 4.
• Kyle Leduc swept the weekend in Pro 4 Unlimited driving his F-150 to victory in Round 3 and Round 4. Leduc has won every event on the 2012 Pro 4 Unlimited championship schedule.
• The championship standings have not been updated at the time of this report.
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns May 19-20 at Surprise, AZ for rounds 5 and 6.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell has 415 points, 61 in front of Peter Cunningham.
• Ford leads the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 18 points, three in front of Acura.
• Round 4 takes place in Utah on April 27.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Justin Pawlak leads the championship standings by 12 points over Daijiro Yoshihara. Vaughn Gittin Jr. sits 17th, 76 points back of Pawlak.
• The Formula Drift schedule continues May 11-12 at Road Atlanta.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
•Tanner Foust leads the championship standings by three points over Mats Lysen.
• The ERC Schedule continues in France on April 28.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio lead the drivers’ standings with 60 points, two ahead of fellow Ford drivers John Pew/Ozz Negri in second.
• Ford (63 points) currently holds a 2-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2WDchampionship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon VanWay sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the overall championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• Jams Nash sits 12th with eight points and Tom Chilton sits 13th in the driver’s standings with six points.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues April 28-29 in Slovakia.