Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for April 13 - 15, 2012. It was a dominant weekend for Ford Racing, with Blue Ovals finding victory lane in NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NHRA Funny Car series. Points leader Greg Biffle continued his amazing start to 2012 and claimed the Sprint Cup checkered flag at Texas Motor Speedway. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. helped Ford sweep the weekend in Texas with a victory in the NASCAR Nationwide series. Robert Hight won his fourth consecutive event, claiming the Wally at the NHRA 4Wide Nationals.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Greg Biffle won for the 17th time in his NASCAR Sprint Cup career, taking the checkered flag at Texas Motor Speedway to continue his blistering start in 2012.
• The win was Biffle’s second at Texas Motor Speedway, and was the second victory this season for the NASCAR Ford Fusion.
• Matt Kenseth finished fifth, and Carl Edwards battled from the back of the field to a strong eighth, coming back all under green after a lug nut issue in the pits.
• Greg Biffle extended his lead atop the points standings to 19 points with 273 total, in front of Matt Kenseth in second. Carl Edwards remained in 11th with 215 points, 58 behind Biffle.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Kansas Speedway on April 22.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. picked up his second win of the season, taking the checkered flag at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Stenhouse Jr. was joined in the top 10 by David Ragan (P6) and Michael Annett (P9).
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. closed the gap in the championship standings, and now sits just four points back of Elliott Sadler. Michael Annett climbed up to fifth place. Trevor Bayne, who did not run at Texas because of lack of sponsorship, slipped from fourth to seventh.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Richmond International Raceway on April 27.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Robert Hight continued his amazing run, winning for the fourth straight time in the season’s first five events by edging John Force, Cruz Pedregon and Matt Capps with a hole shot in the final. The 4Wide Nationals featured four cars racing each other all at once.
• It’s just the fifth time in Funny Car history a driver has won four straight, and the second victory for Ford in three seasons at the 4Wide Nationals. John Force Racing Ford Mustangs have won all five events this season.
• Bob Tasca III and Mike Neff reached the semifinals in the event.
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Robert Hight leads with 520 points, Mike Neff sits second (-148) and John Force sits fifth (-228). Bob Tasca III sits eighth (-258) and Courtney Force in ninth (-307). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P13 (-360)
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues April 27-29 in Houston, TX.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 62 points (-4) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits sixth with 28 points (-38).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 96 points (-12).
• The WRC season continues April 27-29 with Rally Argentina.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Johnson/Roush Jr. sit 12th in the GS standings (-13).
• Gue/Jeannette sit 44th in the ST series with 17 points (-48)
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
Other Ford Racing Results
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S)
• Justin Bell qualified fifth and finished second in the GTS class in Round 3 at Long Beach, behind class winner Jack Baldwin.
• Justin Bell has 302 points, 35 in front of Peter Cunningham.
• Round 4 takes place in Utah on April 27.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Justin Pawlak leads the championship standings by 12 points over Daijiro Yoshihara. Vaughn Gittin Jr. sits 17th, 76 points back of Pawlak.
• The Formula Drift schedule continues May 11-12 at Road Atlanta.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
•Tanner Foust leads the championship standings by three points over Mats Lysen.
• The ERC Schedule continues in France on April 28.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• Dalziel/Potolicchio lead the drivers’ standings with 60 points, two ahead of fellow Ford drivers John Pew/Ozz Negri in second.
• Ford (63 points) currently holds a 2-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Brian Deegan sits 16th, 56 points back of RJ Anderson in ProLite Unlimited
• Brian Deegan sits sixth, 18 points back of Marty Hart in Pro2 Unlimited.
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited series by 7 points over Adrian Cenni.
• Next up for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is April 21-22 at Lake Elsinore, CA.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2WD championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the overall championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.