DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for March 9 - 11, 2012. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won his first Nationwide race of 2012 at Las Vegas. Greg Biffle finished third for the third-consecutive race to open the year and took over the championship points lead. Rain postponed the final two rounds of the NHRA Gatornationals. Petter Solberg finished third at Rally Mexico.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Greg Biffle led all Ford drivers with a third-consecutive third-place finish, joined by Carl Edwards (P5) and Trevor Bayne (P9) in the top-10.
• Matt Kenseth ran in the top-five late in a pack that included Biffle and Edwards, but contact forced him into the wall.
• Greg Biffle leads the points standings by 10 with 125. Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards sit tied for fifth with 102 points (-23).
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Bristol on March 18.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. picked up his first victory of 2012 at Las Vegas and Trevor Bayne finished fourth.
• The victory for Stenhouse moved him into third in the championship standings with 114 (-17), two ahead of Trevor Bayne in fourth (-19). Michael Annett sits in eighth (-49).
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Bristol on March 17.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Rain postponed the final rounds of the Gatornationals until Monday at 10 a.m.
• John Force Racing drivers Mike Neff and Robert Hight remain alive in the final four.
• Hight (P3) and Neff (P4) led the Ford drivers in qualifying. Bob Tasca III (P5), John Force (P7), Courtney Force (P11) and Tim Wilkerson (P16) all qualified in the event.
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-3 atop the driver’s standings, led by Mike Neff (196 points). He leads Robert Hight (-42) and John Force (-46) sit close behind.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 30-April 1 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Petter Solberg finished third at Rally Mexico to lead the Ford drivers, 2:11 off the pace of winner Sebastien Loeb.
• Jari-Matti Latvala ran in the top-three most of the event, but had to retire late due to an accident. Ken Block finished ninth.
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 47 points (-19) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fifth with 26 points (-40).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 70 points (-38).
• The WRC season continues March 29-April 1 with Rally Portugal.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the Grand Sport manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Focus ST-R, in its development season, was involved in a wreck in the only event so far this season and failed to earn points.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Duplessis is leading the championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.
Global RallyCross – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 25-26 in Irwindale, CA.
Formula Drift – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts April 6-7 in Long Beach, CA.
Off-Road Racing – NO RACE
• The 2012 season starts March 31 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ.