Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for March 30 - April 1, 2012. Robert Hight won yet another NHRA Funny Car all-Ford Mustang final in Las Vegas, defeating fellow Ford driver Bob Tasca III for his third-consecutive event victory. Mads Ostberg led a Fiesta sweep of the podium in WRC Rally Portugal. Matt Kenseth finished fourth to pace all Blue Oval drivers at Martinsville in NASCAR Sprint Cup action.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Robert Hight posted his third-consecutive event victory at Las Vegas in yet another all-Ford Mustang Funny Car final, defeating Bob Tasca III to claim the Wally.
• Hight took the top spot in qualifying just ahead of Tasca in P2, Courtney Force (P4), Tim Wilkerson (P5), Mike Neff (P7) and John Force (P9) as every Ford qualified in the top-10.
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Robert Hight leads with 399 points, Mike Neff sits second (-83) and John Force sits fifth (-182). Bob Tasca III climbed into sixth (-191) and Courtney Force sits seventh (-208).
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues April 13-15 at zMAX Dragway in Charlotte, NC.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth finished fourth and Aric Almirola placed eighth to give Ford two drivers in the top-10 at Martinsville, as Chevy’s Ryan Newman claimed the victory.
• Carl Edwards finished 11th, and points leader Greg Biffle placed 13th. Marcos Ambrose placed 15th.
• Greg Biffle remained atop the points standings with 226, six in front of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Matt Kenseth sits tied for third (-12) and Carl Edwards (-47) sits 11th.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Texas Motor Speedway on April 14.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Mads Ostberg claimed his maiden FIA World Rally Championship victory to lead a Fiesta podium sweep at Rally Portugal, ahead of Evgeny Novikov (second) and Petter Solberg (third)
• Fiestas swept the podium at Rally Portugal after winner Mikko Hirvonen was excluded for failing post-race inspection.
• Citroen is appealing the exclusion decision, making the results provisional.
• Petter Solberg sits second in the driver’s standings with 62 points (-4) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits sixth with 28 points (-38).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 96 points (-12).
• The WRC season continues April 27-29 with Rally Argentina.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R)
• Dean Martin and Bob Michaelian were the top-Ford finishers at ninth in the GS series. Ryan Dalziel and Enzo Potolicchio were the top-finishing Mustang Boss 302R at P13.
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. were involved in an early-race incident and then suffered a mechanical issue, causing them to finish 21st in class.
• James Gue and Gunnar Jeannette drove the Focus ST-R to a 14th-place finish, just ahead of teammates Mancuso and Seafuse in their Focus ST-R.
• Johnson/Roush Jr. fell to 12th in the GS standings (-13).
• Gue/Jeannette sit 44th in the ST series with 17 points (-48)
• Ford currently leads the Grand Sport manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Elliott Sadler leads the championship standings with 214, in front of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (-18) in second and Trevor Bayne (-34) in fourth.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Texas Motor Speedway on April 13.
Other Ford Racing Results
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• Ryan Dalziel and Enzo Potolicchio were the top-finishing Ford Daytona Prototype at Barber Motorsports Park, crossing the line in fourth behind race winners Antonio Garcia/Richard Westbrook, drivers of the No. 90 Corvette.
• Dalziel/Potolicchio lead the drivers’ standings with 60 points, two ahead of fellow Ford drivers John Pew/Ozz Negri in second.
• Ford (63 points) currently holds a 2-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes April 27-29 in Homestead, FL.
Off-Road Racing (Trucks)
• It was a mixed bag at Firebird Raceway outside of Phoenix, Arizona as the 2012 Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing season kicked off.
• In Pro 2 Unlimited for Brian Deegan in the F-150 SVT Raptor, Deegan finished 13th with a DNF on Saturday. Sunday saw The General bounce back with a 2nd place finish, just .241 seconds back.
• Jeremy McGrath finished 5th on Saturday in Pro 2 Unlimited in his Raptor.
• In Pro Lite, Deegan started Round 1 last on the grid due to mechanical problem in qualifying. He drove to second before an on track incident left him 12th overall. On Sunday in Round 2, Deegan finished 20th a lap back.
• In Pro 4 Unlimited, Kyle LeDuc dominated starting 1st and 2nd and winning both Round 1 and Round 2 of the LOORRS season in his Ford Raptor.
• Next up for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is April 21-22 at Lake Elsinore, CA.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell now has 157 points, and leads the championship standings by 10. Jason von Kluge sits in fourth (-56).
• Round 3 takes place in the streets of Long Beach on April 13.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2WD championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the overall championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts April 6-7 in Long Beach, CA.