Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for March 23 - 25, 2012. Carl Edwards (P5) and Greg Biffle (P6) led the Ford drivers in a rain-shortened Auto Club 400 to lead the Ford drivers in California Sprint Cup action. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished second in the Nationwide race on Saturday. Justin Bell picked up a pair of victories in the opening two rounds of the SCCA World Challenge with his Boss 302S.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Rain cut the Auto Club 400 short, as just 129 of the 200 laps were completed. Tony Stewart was in front when the rain started to fall. Carl Edwards (P5) and Greg Biffle (P6) led the Ford drivers with top-10 finishes.
• Greg Biffle remained atop the points standings with 195, seven in front of Kevin Harvick. Matt Kenseth (-22) sits sixth and Carl Edwards sits 12th (-49).
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Martinsville Speedway on April 1.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished second to lead the Ford drivers at California. Michael Annett finished 11th and Trevor Bayne 14th.
• Bayne held the lead on the final restart, but had no fresh tires to put on his Ford Mustang during his final pit stop, and fell back through the pack.
• Joey Logano of Joe Gibbs Racing claimed the checkered flag.
• Elliott Sadler leads the championship standings with 214, in front of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (-18) in second and Trevor Bayne (-34) in fourth.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Texas Motor Speedway on April 13.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Mike Neff leads with 280 points, Robert Hight sits second (-7) and John Force sits fifth (-95). Courtney Force sits seventh (-124).
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 30-April 1 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 47 points (-19) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fifth with 26 points (-40).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 70 points (-38).
• The WRC season continues March 29-April 1 with Rally Portugal.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the Grand Sport manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Focus ST-R, in its development season, was involved in a wreck in the only event so far this season and failed to earn points.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S)
• Justin Bell won stages 1 and 2 at St. Petersburg, Fla. in his Ford Mustang Boss 302S.
• Bell now has 157 points, and leads the championship standings by 10. Jason von Kluge sits in fourth (-56).
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis is leading the championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
Global RallyCross – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Formula Drift – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts April 6-7 in Long Beach, CA.
Off-Road Racing – NO RACE
• The 2012 season starts March 31 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ.