DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for March 2-4, 2012. Greg Biffle led all Ford drivers with a third-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway and climbed into second in the championship standings. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished third in the NASCAR Nationwide Race to join Trevor Bayne in the top-five in the championship standings.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Greg Biffle led all Ford drivers with a third-place finish at Phoenix, the only Ford driver in the top-10.
• Aric Almirola (P12), Matt Kenseth (P13), Carl Edwards (P17) were the other Ford drivers to finish on the lead lap. Edwards ran out of fuel on the final lap, falling from seventh to 17th.
• Marcos Ambrose found himself running up front with 25 laps to go, but engine trouble ended his bid for a victory.
• Greg Biffle sits second in the points standings with 83 (-6), Matt Kenseth sits fourth (-10) and Carl Edwards in 10th (-26).
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Las Vegas, NV, on March 11.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished third and Trevor Bayne placed seventh at Phoenix International Raceway.
• Bayne sits in third in the championship standings with 72 points, 17 back of Elliott Sadler. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits in fifth with 66 points (-23).
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Las Vegas, NV, on March 10.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-3 atop the driver’s standings, led by Mike Neff (196 points). He leads Robert Hight (-42) and John Force (-46) sit close behind.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 8-11, with the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 29 points (-10) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fourth with 26 points (-13).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 55 points (-10).
• The WRC season continues March 8-12 with Rally Mexico.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the Grand Sport manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Focus ST-R, in its development season, was involved in a wreck in the only event so far this season and failed to earn points.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Duplessis is leading the championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.
Global RallyCross – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 25-26 in Irwindale, CA.
Formula Drift – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts April 6-7 in Long Beach, CA.
• The 2012 season starts March 31 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ.