Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for March 16 - 18, 2012. Matt Kenseth led all Ford drivers with a second-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race. Greg Biffle started on the pole and finished 13th to remain atop the championship standings. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (P6) and Trevor Bayne (P8) both finished in the top-10 in the NNS race.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Matt Kenseth led 45 laps and led all Ford drivers with a second-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway, battling with race winner Brad Keselowski throughout the final laps.
• Greg Biffle continued his hot start, earning the pole for the event, but struggled with handling and finished 13th. The only other Ford in the top-20 was Aric Almirola at P19.
• Carl Edwards and Marcos Ambrose were involved in a wreck on lap 24.
• Greg Biffle remained atop the points standings with 157, nine in front of Kevin Harvick. Matt Kenseth (-12) sits third and Carl Edwards sits 14th (-50).
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues at Auto Club Speedway on March 25.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Trevor Bayne each led laps and battled each other for the lead in the mid-portion of the race, before finishing in P6 and P8 respectively.
• Elliott Sadler held off the field for his second victory of the season.
• Michael Annett was the next-highest finishing Ford driver in P11.
• Elliott Sadler leads the championship standings with 178, in front of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (-25) in second and Trevor Bayne (-29) in third.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Auto Club Speedway on March 24.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-5 in the driver’s standings. Mike Neff leads with 280 points, Robert Hight sits second (-7) and John Force sits fifth (-95). Courtney Force sits seventh (-124).
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 30-April 1 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 47 points (-19) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fifth with 26 points (-40).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 70 points (-38).
• The WRC season continues March 29-April 1 with Rally Portugal.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the Grand Sport manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Focus ST-R, in its development season, was involved in a wreck in the only event so far this season and failed to earn points.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Duplessis is leading the championship standings with 44 points, 10 in front of second, and Dillon Van Way sits in third with 28 points (-16).
• Ken Block sits third in the championship standings, despite running only 1 of 2 events.
• The Rally America season continues with Oregon Trail Rally on May 4-6.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.
Global RallyCross – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Formula Drift – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts April 6-7 in Long Beach, CA.
Off-Road Racing – NO RACE
• The 2012 season starts March 31 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ.