DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Feb. 17 - 19, 2012. Robert Hight beat Mike Neff in an All-Ford Mustang final at the NHRA Arizona Nationals. Carl Edwards (pole) and Greg Biffle swept the front row in qualifying for the Daytona 500. Marcos Ambrose (P3) led five Ford drivers participating in the Bud Shootout as part of Speedweeks.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Carl Edwards (pole) and Greg Biffle combined to make it a Ford sweep of the front row for next week’s Daytona 500, the 12th Daytona pole in Blue Oval history, and the seventh sweep of the front row for Ford in the event.
• Six Ford drivers qualified in the top-10. Edwards and Biffle are joined by Marcos Ambrose (P4), Casey Mears (P5), Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (P8) and Trevor Bayne (P9).
• Only Edwards and Biffle are assured of their starting spots for the 500. All of the others will have their spots determined in the Gatorade Duel 150 qualifying races on Thursday.
• Marcos Ambrose was the top finisher among five Ford drivers participating in the Budweiser Shootout, finishing third. Greg Biffle (P6), Carl Edwards (P9), Matt Kenseth (P21) and David Ragan (P24) also participated in the event.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season continues with the Gatorade Duel 150 qualifying races on Feb. 23 at Daytona International Speedway
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Robert Hight defeated Mike Neff in an All-Ford Mustang final at the Arizona Nationals.
• Five Mustangs qualified for the event, led by Neff (P2). John Force (P5), Robert Hight (P8), Bob Tasca (P9) and Courtney Force (P12) also qualified.
• Three of the five reached the semifinals, which included a Hight vs. Courtney Force match-up.
• Neff has reached the finals in each of the two events so far this season, losing to a fellow Ford in each instance.
• Each of the two events this season has featured an All-Ford Mustang final.
• Ford drivers sit 1-2-3 atop the driver’s standings, led by Mike Neff (196 points). He leads Robert Hight (-42) and John Force (-46) sit close behind.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues March 8-11, with the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 29 points (-10) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fourth with 26 points (-13).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 55 points (-10).
• The WRC season continues March 8-12 with Rally Mexico.
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 NASCAR NNS schedule starts Feb. 25, at Daytona International Speedway.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) – NO RACE
• Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
• Larry Morgan qualified 11th at the Arizona Nationals and reached the second round before being eliminated.
• The 2012 NHRA Pro Stock schedule continues March 8-11, with the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2-wheel drive standings by five with 22 points. Dillon Van Way sits third with 14 points (-8).
• The Rally America season continues with Rally in the 100 Acre Wood on Feb. 24-25.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.