DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Feb. 10 - 12, 2012. John Force won an all-Ford Mustang final at in the NHRA 2012 opener in Pomona, edging Mike Neff in the best run of the weekend for both cars. Ford Fiesta driver Jari-Matti Latvala won Rally Sweden by 16.6 seconds, the first WRC win for Ford this season.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• John Force edged Mike Neff in an all-Ford Mustang final at the Winternationals in Pomona, in an awesome run that saw both cars put together their best runs of the weekend.
• Force used an edge in reaction time (0.067 to 0.175) to hold off a faster, quicker Neff. Force went 4.080 at 315.64, while Neff went 4.036 at 316.82.
• Six Ford Mustangs qualified in the event. Robert Hight (P1), Mike Neff (P4), Bob Tasca III (P5), John Force (P6), Courtney Force (P12) and Tim Wilkerson (P14) all qualified, with Wilkerson, Neff, Courtney and John Force all advancing into the second round.
• The four Ford drivers all met in the second round, with Neff eliminating Courtney and John ending Wilkerson’s day on their path to the finals.
• John Force leads the points standings after one event with 114 points, nine ahead of Mike Neff (95).
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues Feb. 17-19, with the Arizona Nationals.
Pomona Winternationals Activation (February 9-12):
• 5,000 sq. ft. provided by the Southern California Ford Dealers
• Interactive activities and lead generation
• Ford vehicles on display including the all new 2012 Focus, Explorer EcoBoost, Flex EcoBoost, F-150 EcoBoost and Mustang GT.
• 1,400 consumer registrations through the main display (*Note this is raw, unscrubbed data)
• Ford Racing also played host to two (2) grand prize winners of the 2011 110th Anniversary Sweepstakes. The winners and their guests were treated to VIP tickets, travel accommodations, and driver meet & greets.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Jari-Matti Latvala won Rally Sweden by 16.6 seconds, with fellow Ford driver Petter Solberg finishing fourth.
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 29 points (-10) and Jari-Matti Latvala sits fourth with 26 points (-13).
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 55 points (-10).
• The WRC season continues March 8-12 with Rally Mexico.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion) – NO RACE
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season starts with the Budweiser Shootout all-star event on Feb. 18 at Daytona International Speedway
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 NASCAR NNS schedule starts Feb. 25, at Daytona International Speedway.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) – NO RACE
• Johnson and Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season continues March 30-31 at Barber Motorsports Mark.
Other Ford Racing Results
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
• Larry Morgan qualified 12th and Grace Howell 16th at the Winternationals in Pomona, but neither advanced past the opening round.
• The 2012 NHRA Pro Stock schedule continues Feb. 17-19, with the Arizona Nationals.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Chris Duplessis leads the 2-wheel drive standings by five with 22 points. Dillon Van Way sits third with 14 points (-8).
• The Rally America season continues with Rally in the 100 Acre Wood on Feb. 24-25.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – NO RACE
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – NO RACE
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg.