Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information
DEARBORN — Weekend racing results for Jan. 27 - Jan. 29, 2012. Ford swept the podium of the 50th Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway, led by the Michael Shank Racing No. 60 Daytona Prototype. Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. won the Grand-Am CTSCC opener at Daytona in their Boss 302R. Chris Duplessis won Sno*Drift 2WD class by 5 minutes, 36 seconds.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R)
• Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. won the BMW Performance 200 at Daytona International Speedway.
• Johnson and Roush Jr. lead the driver’s standings by three points after one event.
• Ford currently leads the manufacturer standings by three points over BMW.
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Petter Solberg sits third in the driver’s standings with 15 points (-13).
• Ford sits fourth in the manufacturer’s standings with 15 points (-13).
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• The 2012 Sprint Cup season starts with the Budweiser Shootout on Feb. 18 at Daytona International Speedway
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• The 2012 NASCAR NNS schedule starts Feb. 25, at Daytona International Speedway.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule starts Feb. 9-12 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA.
Other Ford Racing Results
Rally America (Fiesta)
• Chris Duplessis dominated the Sno*Drift Rally 2WD class, winning in his R2 Fiesta by 5 minutes and 36 seconds of the second-place Scion.
• Dillion Van Way was third in the 2WD class in his Van Way Racing turbo Fiesta.
• Duplessis and Van Way won 21 of the 24 stages.
• In 2011 at Sno*Drift, Van Way was the only entered Fiesta. This year there were 4 Fiesta entered including two R2 Fiesta. Ed McNelly finished sixth in 2WD and Verena Mei was 8th in the 2WD class.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• Ford swept the podium of the 50th Rolex 24, behind the victory of the Michael Shank Racing No. 60 DP, the Starworks Motorsport No. 8 and the MSR No. 6.
• The foursome of AJ Allmendinger, John Pew, Justin Wilson and Ozz Negri lead the driver’s standings.
• Ford currently holds a 7-point lead in the engine manufacturer standings over BMW
• The Rolex series resumes March 31 at Barber Motorsports Park
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
• The 2012 NHRA Pro Stock schedule starts Feb. 9-12 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA.
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang)
• The 2012 schedule starts March 23, with the Streets of St. Petersburg